Acronyms and Terms for Newcomers

You should add in Rising Rivals (RR) and take out or change Roseanne's Research. Now that Rising Rivals is RR, you can't call Roseanne's RR anymore.

Hi, I'm just starting out playing the Pokemon TCG after retiring from competitive Pokemon DPP and I was wondering what a "tech" was. I see people talking about it all the time in the strategy section but I was unable to find anything with the search function. Thanks!

LinIsKorean said:
Hi, I'm just starting out playing the Pokemon TCG after retiring from competitive Pokemon DPP and I was wondering what a "tech" was. I see people talking about it all the time in the strategy section but I was unable to find anything with the search function. Thanks!

A tech is a card that sits on the bench using its Poke Power/Poke Body to help the attack. For example, Claydol/Uxie are techs because they allow you to draw cards. That's a tech. Other techs include Crobat G, Dusknoir DP, Azelf LA, Unown G, and some other things.

Gliscor said:
A tech is a card that sits on the bench using its Poke Power/Poke Body to help the attack. For example, Claydol/Uxie are techs because they allow you to draw cards. That's a tech. Other techs include Crobat G, Dusknoir DP, Azelf LA, Unown G, and some other things.

I hardly classify claydol/uxie as a tech. Also some techs attack like Ditto or Luxray.

Usually, that, yes, because it generally has a good supportive effect.

Claydol, Uxie, and Uxie X: Draw support
Unown G: Blocks aspects from many attacks
Dusknoir DP: Bench control of opponent
Crobat G: Extra damage counters
Azelf LA: Search prizes for Pokemon

LinIsKorean said:
So is a tech something used specifically for its Pokemon Power?

Claydol/Uxie are more like drawpower engines to me. I consider a tech only used to counter a specific deck or group of decks. Kind of like Luxray GL Lv.X or Dusknoir DP.

dmaster out.

I dont think i saw RH in the list, Reverse Holo, i think that should be one to add

Holo is when the card is shiny usually within the picture, like a holographic rare card. However I think all packs contain a reverse holo, which can be any pokemon or trainer card that is relatively shiny all over, excluding the picture.

Back