A New Card Type!

DNA, this game is too simple sometimes.
And this has anything to do with 2 Stadium-like cards simultaneously in play being a bad idea why now?
Besides, you act as if there's something wrong with simplicity, which there isn't.

I appreciate the comments about the Weather Cards. But I was wondering why people don't like my sub-types idea...Is it too complicated because there is not much change involved...Also, where are we on being able to play Weather cards and Stadium cards at the same time? I thought it over, and now I'm thinking they should just be a sub-Stadium card like how Trainers have Tool cards and such.

Blue_Horizon said:
"Rain" would be so annoying and broke next format against Emboar/Reshiram. Blastgatr would have a field day! :p

they could just implement "drought" or "heat wave" which would have the opposite effect of "rain" (boost fire damage and decrease water damage)

The only way I could see these cards implemented would be if they were used to help battle against what you're weak to...if they make "weather" cards that make water even more powerful against fire, then it would be just stupid.

also it would be a lot more complicated...I find the game simple enough to probably be able to handle the complexity of weather cards but it wouldn't be anywhere near as enjoyable for me and I would probably stop playing. Also, I know some people who have a hard enough time as it is keeping track of the few complications that are out there as of now, and they're fairly educated/smart people.

So with that said, think about the kids man...they wouldn't be able to keep track.

Also, I know some people who have a hard enough time as it is keeping track of the few complications that are out there as of now, and they're fairly educated/smart people.
This is like those times when it's unclear what a card does, then people make a decision based on common sense, and then Compendium issues a ruling that's the total opposite of that, right?

I look no further than Portrait to prove my case.

DNA said:
Also, I know some people who have a hard enough time as it is keeping track of the few complications that are out there as of now, and they're fairly educated/smart people.
This is like those times when it's unclear what a card does, then people make a decision based on common sense, and then Compendium issues a ruling that's the total opposite of that, right?

I look no further than Portrait to prove my case.

yeeeeeup. many people play their turn a little quicker than the speed their mind can think of all options and understand exactly what each card in play does. which is why adding this other, huge element would be ridiculous...people would take like 3 or 4 minutes per turn to make sure they're doing everything right, making it like 10 turns before time is called for the match.

...He was actually referring to an example like this.

He's got Donphan Prime out with 3 energy and a belt. His opponent's Active Pokemon is a Reshiram with 2 damage counters on it. He Heavy Impacts for 110 and a supposed KO, but he totally overlooked the Snowpoint. It's the other guys turn, and he just Outrages the Donphan.

Now, if you can make a simple oversight like that with just 1 Stadium card in play, think of all the oversights that get made if there were 2.

weakness, resistance, additional effects of attack, poke tools, supporters, stadiums, effects of pokepower/pokebody/ability, lost zone

theres alot to account for in a game already. adding another mechanic is too much. i like the idea of weather, but thats simply just another stadium card.

if they made a stadium card with weather effects, then that would be pretty nice.

having a whole new weather card system... not so nice

there was already "weather" conditions in the TCG, but nobody really played it. Cherrims. sunny day pokebody and cloudy sky pokebody. and they stacked.

then there was similar in the gym series and in the EX series.

I love the Idea when it's put as a stadium vs a pokebody. stadiums, left and right. I miss it.

Back