5th Gen Competitive Movesets and Metagame

Anyone have any suggestions for Eelektross? Right now it has Thunderbolt, Crunch, Coil, Acid Spray. I'm thinking I like Coil and Acid Spray too much to get rid of, but I'm wondering if I should replace Thunderbolt with Thunder because of the accuracy boost that comes with Coil? Also, I'm pondering on deleting Crunch for something. Acrobatics? Equip it with a Flying Gem to do triple damage, of course for only one turn, but double from then on.

Flamethrower is pretty standard, lets you do something to Ferrothorn.

I have finally got it!!! My perfect Haxorus!:

Xena/Haxorus♀
Nature-Jolly
252 ATK EV, 252 SPEED EV, 4 HP EV
@ Lum Berry

- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Brick Break

Xena, being a Haxorus, is my physical sweeper, and is fully equipped to do some damage. Earthquake for cheap, quick, accurate, wide-spread damage. Dragon Dance to give her a boost in Speed and Attack. Outrage to blast my opponent away, with Lum Berry there to cure the side-effect. I am not 100% sure about Brick Break, but it can break Barriers. Please lend me your ideas for a replacement to BB. And, to mention, she has Mold Breaker, not Rivalry. Hope you can give me some ideas.

^Personally, I would keep Brick Break for your Haxorus, mainly to break Light Screen, Reflect, etc. However, Brick Break can also help to defeat Ice-type Pokemon.

If you want to get rid of it though, then I'd recommend giving her Iron Tail (which can be learned by Axew after breeding with an Aggron), to help Haxorus with Ice-types.

Uh, no. Iron tail gives really poor offensive coverage. Keep Brick Break, it KO's any Ice type that would dare to switch in on Haxorus anyways. Your set is absolutely perfect, supergamefreak.

Ice-type Pokemon are a very rare site in the metagame today. In fact, Mamoswine and, to a lesser extent, Weavile, are the only Ice-types that have significant usage, although both are in the Underused tier.

Okay, i'll go ahead and keep brick break. i didn't know how meta-game it was. i would go back and get iron tail, but i have 2 problems:
1 - My lucky girl, Xena, which took me a long time to get, is now a lv.40 Fraxure.
2- I don't have any Aggrons at all. Not even an Aron or Lairron.

The Set of Lex OR Haxorus's Last Stand (Haxorus Set)

Haxorus w/Focus Sash.
Adamant/Jolly
252 Atk/252 Speed
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Brick Break/X-Scissor
Outrage

The Moveset involves Haxorus being a Physical Sweeper. If Haxorus is a lead, and is not against an Adomasnow or Tyrannitar, have Haxorus use Dragon Dance, then attack on the next turn. It helps if the enemy is switching to a Pokemon like Bronzong. Then, on the next turn, attack. If a Baton Passer like Gliscor is your lead, have Gliscor pass boosts to him. It helps if you have a Droughtails or Drizzletoed, as they can get rid of PermaSandstorm.

EDIT: Thanks to shadow_scyther (below), he suggested to replace Brick Break with X-Scissor to KO those who don't have Earthquake. Besides, this set can be powerful if used correctly.

Your Haxorus is good but I would suggest replacing Brick Break for X-Scissor. Only thing I could thing of that you hit harder with BB is Skarmory who walls you anyway. Night Slash is also an option to ko some stuff that don't get hurt by EQ and you don't want to lock yourself in Outrage but X-Scissor is a better option.

Here's a set of mine:

Lugia@Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP, 140 Defense, 116 SAttack
Moveset:
Calm Mind
Aero Blast
Roost
Hidden Power (Ground)

This is a set I use for a blend of offense and defense. It would be pointless to hit Luga's SDefense, as it would be exceedingly high (peaking 1000 at times), and if they decide to go for its lower Defense, it'll be ready, since after a Calm Mind or two, I'll just heal back the damage via Roost. While being almost un-KOable, Lugia is able to sweep as well. Aero Blast manages to get a STAB bonus, not to mention a high-crit ratio. Hidden Power Ground Super-effects most of the things that resist Aero Blast.

Mew @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Heal Bell
- Roost/Softboiled

A really handy set in UU :) works as a defensive wall and can also sweep once you pick off potential dark types.
The best part is switching into statuses, synchroing, then healling them off yourself.

Just for derps, and a bit gimmickey, but I like this Mew set I created:

Mew @ Power Herb
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Sky Attack
- Recycle
- Roost
- Swords Dance

It's unique in the fact that the main move is Sky Attack. You might be wondering why does Mew use it of it's two turns, but, thanks to Power Herb, Mew can use it with one turn. Swords Dance is put in to boost power, Recycle is necessary for regaining Power Herb. This set has quite a suprise factor, considering most Mews are associated with Baton Pass.

Shadow Scyther said:
Waiting for Sky Attack to hit is the same as using Recycle and then Power Herb attack? I don't see any benefits from this.

Who said you had to immediately use Sky Attack after using Recycle?

Either way, it takes the same amount of turns. Even with turns in between, the turn it takes to Recycle and the turn to use Sky Attack is the same number of turns that it would take to just use Sky Attack regularly.

Cinesra said:
Either way, it takes the same amount of turns. Even with turns in between, the turn it takes to Recycle and the turn to use Sky Attack is the same number of turns that it would take to just use Sky Attack regularly.

That's not the point though.
The point is to use sky attack once, then perhaps recycle for later use, but if you're to use it without the power herb your opponent could say "oh they're using sky attack let me switch into something that can take it or go for the protect."

Not saying I like the set, just pointing out y'alls flawed logic :).

Shadow Scyther said:
You are still wasting a turn to be able to attack again while your opponent can set up.

That's not the point... the point is to set up once and kill a big threat or something than switch out, you don't necessarily have to recycle and have it be a sweeper.
Merr, I'm defending logic not a stupid set >.>.

Back