(4) Poo Incident, 3DS Sales, Forces of Nature Collection, New Wi-Fi Event [3/10]

As a professor I know the standards of a player and the outcome of such things child's game or not you don't act as they have and any punishment that tpci decides to give him is what he deserves lifetime banning might be extremely harsh even to get the message across. On a better comment the landorus gift set shouldn't have col in it at all that's to far back but the FA looks amazing and is well over due imo.

To those wondering, the nature and IVs of the Reshiram and Zekrom are not set so you could soft reset until you get the nature you desire. It took me around 8 soft resets to get a Zekrom I was happy with.

I dont get what this has to do with disgrace for anyone's country or even Pokemon for that matter. He made the decision. Why would the Pokemon company feel the need to be embarrassed? Blame does not fall on them. If someone questions the maturity of Pokemon players because of this incident, that is stupid. Why judge him as a Pokemon player? Judge his one decision. People pull pranks all the time. So if I decided that I would throw poop in one of my dorm rooms, should my University feel the need to be embarrassed? If people cant see past the fact that there are people from every organization, club, event or whatever that makes a bad decision, and instead make judgements of that organization based on that persons decision, then they are certainly not in the right to make judgements in the first place. Those would be the same people that probably generalize or make stereotypes.

*LAUGHS* Why the hell, would anyone, put poo all over a hotel hallway at all XDDDD!! As oh-so funny as this is, its also terribly awful. I did read that post earlier about the poo incident being committed by one of the guy's teammate's though, but either way, this whole event was a disaster...

I don't really truly know who the perpetrator was, but whoever he was certainly DOES deserve to have his Champion status rended from him.

CarlosDuranJr said:
according to his own post on Smogon, it wasn't his poo in the toilet paper. supposedly it was his friend's and he was simply taking the fall for his friend's idiotic actions. I would not cover for my friend if that happened, but the fact that Ruben wasn't the one to pay the fines at least lends some truth to his claim of not being the pooper, or poo-er?

a lifetime ban would be heavy handed if it was his doing. I would say a 3 year would suffice, that way people would have enough time to forget and if he wanted to, he could return since clearly he is a talented player. and if it wasn't his doing, then a lifetime ban is extremely heavy handed. sadly, since the decision has already been made, and there was the situation at Nats for the TCG, I think they're going to leave it at that especially since his friend could now claim it was him to try and get him unbanned, even if it was truly Ruben's doing.

on a positive note, I want to get that full art landrous. and if it's like the Japanese one, it'll be textured like our EX full arts are.

to me.. and yeah he could be telling the truth.. but I thnk he is just saying he took the fall for a friend because he wants his title back. IMO it's pathetic to even be playing around in the first place and he gets what he diserves. He could have just not done this or stop his friends from doing it.. or just let his friend take the fall.. but i think he said it trying to sound noble just to get his title back.. sorry... But it was childish and even if it was his friends poop, he could have stopped them or told them to not do that.

Wow poor guy :) thats pretty funny though he probably should've planned it after the vent was over though, hes not a true prank master.

I wish I could win an event because the 1st place winner shot a deuce in the wrong place. That would make my day. This is something you don't expect from Pokemon. Yu-gi-oh sure, but not Pokemon.

I don't play Pokemon anymore, but honestly... They could have done a different prank. Not being all disgusting and using their own feces, urine, etc. I mean come on guys, really?

It sounds like some people in this topic are siding with the guy who got disqualified for putting the turd in the hallway. Does that mean there are people here who would've done the same if they had won the VGCs in their continents?

dirupti said:
The forces of nature collection will not be endorsed by me. When I see someone running a holoed out deck or a full art N, they just come off as pretentious to me.

But I have a full art N I got from a booster pack. If I want to put N in a deck, then I'll put that one in. Does that make me pretentious?

Ophie said:
It sounds like some people in this topic are siding with the guy who got disqualified for putting the turd in the hallway. Does that mean there are people here who would've done the same if they had won the VGCs in their continents?

But I have a full art N I got from a booster pack. If I want to put N in a deck, then I'll put that one in. Does that make me pretentious?

I certainly would put my poop in a hallway unless something really important depended on it(ie, my life).
@dirupti, But I got a FA N, too end I put it in my 6 Corners. And I'm a total crow, I love shiny things, yet I'm the center of attention at a lot of things because people like me. It sound like you're judging people because they like cool art on cards.

don()shinobi said:
I'd make a joke about the English being idiots, but then I wouldn't exactly get the best response. So I'm just gonna say this.
He's cocky.
Cocky people are stupid.
Therefore, he is stupid.
That is all.
Except Ruben's Spanish, not English. We often get other European nationals attending various EU qualifiers.

evilpacman said:
I don't get what this has to do with disgrace for anyone's country or even Pokemon for that matter. He made the decision. Why would the Pokemon company feel the need to be embarrassed? Blame does not fall on them. If someone questions the maturity of Pokemon players because of this incident, that is stupid. Why judge him as a Pokemon player? Judge his one decision. People pull pranks all the time. So if I decided that I would throw poop in one of my dorm rooms, should my University feel the need to be embarrassed? If people cant see past the fact that there are people from every organization, club, event or whatever that makes a bad decision, and instead make judgements of that organization based on that persons decision, then they are certainly not in the right to make judgements in the first place. Those would be the same people that probably generalize or make stereotypes.
It's very simple:
TPCi hosts these events in partnership with major venues (the NEC being one of the largest in the country) and they get people from all over Europe coming to attend them. A lot of people will book hotels close to the venue overnight rather than risk coming down in the early hours due to the "first come, first served" nature of the event sign ups.
In the case of the UK VGC events, due to the NEC being right next to the International Airport, there are a fair few hotels around for people who have early morning flights.
Now, if something goes wrong in relation to an event hosted by a company and it spreads to the respective media channels (e.g. with Pokémon, the gaming press) that would overshadow the positive aspects of the event (as the media love a good scandal). So said company would have to act with a rather firm hand to show that they are taking charge of the incident and to get the message across that it is not acceptable (especially with Pokémon, due to the child-friendly nature of the franchise). Particularly as bad press could strain business relations with other parties involved.
At this particular hotel, there were quite a few Pokémon players staying there (to the point that in numerous times of the day, the entire lobby was full of Pokémon players), so for one of the world's most well known players to be involved in such an incident, it would not reflect well on the hotel's opinion of Pokémon players.

I do highly doubt that this incident in itself would do much to strain relations between the companies involved. It's the media presence that would risk that, not the actual event itself.

The difference between this and your university example is that The Pokémon Company do not own the hotel this occurred and they do not own the Birmingham National Exhibition Centre - they were three completely different business entities.

As for the representing their country, these qualifiers are to find out who will be representing their countries at the Pokémon World Championships, so there is that.
Whenever you go to a foreign country, for whatever reason, you also need to know that your actions can influence how people can think of people from your country (particularly if you travel to an area where people aren't used to seeing people of your nationality; so in that respect, Ruben's lucky that the hotel was in the International Airport itself, so they would have business from people from all over the world). Is it irrational and stupid? Yes. But is the human mind (particularly the subconscious) rational? No. There's a reason why say, British tourists have a bad reputation abroad in the more tropical countries - because a select group of tourists have acted like irresponsible gits and it has happened more than once, so all British tourists have ended up painted in their colours. It's also why on the main European scale, due to the actions and opinions of our higher up politicians, the United Kingdom as a whole is practically mocked by mainland European politicians. Then, bringing this down to Pokémon Player level. How do you think the hotel staff will think of Pokémon players if one of the world's top players behaved so childishly while staying at their hotel? Yes, the majority of us were well behaved, but it only takes one unfortunately...

the title has nothing to do with what he did. he won that tourney and should be able to keep that title and just pay fines. lost respect for u.k.

YoungNes said:
the title has nothing to do with what he did. he won that tourney and should be able to keep that title and just pay fines. lost respect for u.k.

What? Even winners of other contests get their title stripped if they did bad conduct.

Also, Pokemon has children as its target market. Doing stupid stuff like that will ruin their image.

Back