3DS Discussion Thread

Chaos Jackal said:
RPG covers such a wide spec of games that saying you don't like RPGs is rather short-sighted.

I never said I didn't like the genre, I just don't want to see an entire lineup of them.

Chaos Jackal said:
Even Pokemon can be considered a RPG if you look at it on the basic level. Play as someone else through some storyline or lore, gear up, kill bosses or other players. This sentence can describe half the games in existence in a nutshell.

RPGs are basically defined by open world exploration and battling to level up your character, and no, that's not half of the games in existence, not even close. Maybe 1/4 at most. That's still not broad enough, especially when all of them have a very Japanese feel despite not all of them being JRPGs.

"Half" was a figure of speech.

And even so, there's a pretty good deal of them out there. I have to admit that there's not that much variety recently, but who cares if the available stuff is good? Sure, I wouldn't mind a few more platform games (shooters on handhelds I never liked), but the available limited variety is at least satisfying.

Of course, the one thing I really care about is the 3D version of Majora's Mask.

This looks to be a pretty good first quarter/half for the 3DS. I'm really glad to see another Fire Emblem. To release two on the same console is mind blowing when you think about the years before Awakening came out when the series was extremely extremely niche. It almost looked like it was going to be on Wii U with the way the trailer started out (it just looked so extremely high quality) which I found hilarious.

Majora's Mask is also looking to be really good from what I've seen of footage from preview events. I'm really liking the changes they put in to make it more convenient (and not just easier).

I've also played a bit of the Monster Hunter 4U demo and it is a vastly much improved demo that 3U was. There's two different difficulties and then three levels of monsters. The weapons/armor that they give you are also way better. I think more people will jump on board, but that's just speculation.

I think the only things that I'd say I'm disappointed in is that there seems to be a focus on free-to-play (that Pokemon game...) and while I wouldn't say it worries me, it kind of makes me a little sad. I have a lot of new 3DS issues as well. I don't like that they didn't bring the regular new 3DS over to North America (but I honestly expected that so meh). Including no charger with that feels like a misstep, but at the same time, I completely understand reasoning for it (and it's not super surprising, they do this in other territories). I also despise the horrible naming system that Nintendo has employed recently and I wouldn't be surprised if sales are not super good (that combined with the bad timing IMO). I just don't feel like I need to upgrade anytime soon with only one exclusive announced (it being a port that I already have and am not interested in buying again). But if they were to make it worth it to fork over another $200, then I'd be on board.

dmaster out.

Pokemonlover903 said:
Did anyone else preorder the Majora's Mask "New" 3DS xl?

Sold out before I could get to it -.- I've been refreshing the nintendo website pre-order page every half hour for the last two days to make sure I can catch it lol. On that note, if someone sees it available anywhere, could they post here?

Blah said:
Pokemonlover903 said:
Did anyone else preorder the Majora's Mask "New" 3DS xl?

Sold out before I could get to it -.- I've been refreshing the nintendo website pre-order page every half hour for the last two days to make sure I can catch it lol. On that note, if someone sees it available anywhere, could they post here?

Yeah hopefully you can get one, target and Walmart should open their preorders soon :D

Wouldn't get your hopes up on Majora's N3DS pre-orders. Optimism with Nintendo pre-orders is the best way to have your hopes crushed.

Chaos Jackal said:
And even so, there's a pretty good deal of them out there. I have to admit that there's not that much variety recently, but who cares if the available stuff is good? Sure, I wouldn't mind a few more platform games (shooters on handhelds I never liked), but the available limited variety is at least satisfying.

Maybe to you, but I don't find any of those games interesting.

My current 3DS has DSi software like the Zelda 4 swords game that was free awhile ago.

How would i transfer that and others like it to a new 3DS?

^ It's super easy, there's a system transfer feature that basically transforms your new DS into your old one.

And my concern isn't pre-order, it's them running out altogether. I'd be rather frustrated if the only way to have gotten my hands on one was to be on gamespot in the 15 minutes that they were available.

Blah said:
^ It's super easy, there's a system transfer feature that basically transforms your new DS into your old one.

And my concern isn't pre-order, it's them running out altogether. I'd be rather frustrated if the only way to have gotten my hands on one was to be on gamespot in the 15 minutes that they were available.

Friend of mine told me he did a System Transfer but his DSi apps on the old 3ds didnt transfer over for some reason so did he do something wrong or is the DSi app stuff non transferable?

The-Kaiser said:
Blah said:

Friend of mine told me he did a System Transfer but his DSi apps on the old 3ds didnt transfer over for some reason so did he do something wrong or is the DSi app stuff non transferable?

I was able to transfer my DSi downloaded games over to the 3DS so something must have gone wrong.

dmaster out.

To take a bit of a different track for a moment. Hoping you guys can help me out with an (admittedly minor, but annoying) problem I'm having with my 3DSes/NNIDs.

My husband and I each have our own 3DSXL. Each 3DSXL has its own Nintendo Network ID and some download/digital content that is only on that device (my husband's is the FE edition 3DSXL with an FE digital copy and a bunch of DLC; my 3DS has AA5 and the DLC, Pokémon Bank, and Pokémon Link Battle). The biggest problem with this is that it's kind of annoying to be switching systems all the time. Despite the FE 3DSXL being my husbands, I'm the one who bought all of the DLC with my own money, and I play it a hell of a lot more than he does, so it kind of sucks to be switching off between 3DSes every so often. So, I'm hoping to find a way to alleviate the situation.

Is there a way to either transfer games/downloads/dlc/saves/etc from a 3DS with one NNID to a different 3DS with a different NNID? If so, how? Whenever I've seen the concept of 3DS data transfer come up its always been one person with one account transferring stuff to a new device with the same account, so I'm not sure how it would work with multiple, established accounts. Any other goofy crap I might need to know about if I were to do such a thing?

If this isn't possible, are there any other ideas or suggestions people have aside from simply buying the downloads on the other console/3DS?

If details matter in terms of answering correctly, I'm looking to upgrade to a New 3DSXL model sometime later this year, so the idea is to ideally transfer FE:A and the DLC to my NNID and then transfer everything on that NNID over to the new New 3DSXL. I'm hoping that we'll get a cool New 3DSXL design with FEif, and if so I'll go for that. If not, I'll probably just end up purchasing a generic New 3DSXL, or some other design that catches my eye (to be honest, I don't really like the design of my current 3DSXL; it's the red Pokémon one with Yveltal/Xerneas on it). If it weren't for the New 3DS, I'd probably just transfer everything over to the FE 3DS (since I really do like the design of that one), but the allure of an upgrade is strong, and my husband wouldn't really approve of my stealing his 3DS because he also likes that design significantly better. >_>

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help. If there's any other information I can provide to be of assistance in answering my questions, just ask. <3

Well you could buy another SD card transfer the 3DS data to that card them see if you can use it in the 3DS you want to use the SD card in. If not buy another 3DS then transfer your old data to the new one to see if that works. You could also buy all your downloaded games by hard copy or to solve everything buy the 3DS and give the new one to the person you have to switch with all the time. First try transferring to another SD card but I am not sure if you can migrate all that data without transferring all the 3DS data which would overwrite your current 3DS data on your FE one. If you don't mind that then just transfer all that data. to the FE and play them all the FE 3DS.:)

A new system update has become available that fixes the QR code exploit in Pokemon Shuffle and Pokemon ORAS. Sunday I had spoken to Nintendo reps at the Florida VGC about this. It's great that they were already able to get it patched.

How is that great in any way whatsoever? From a corporate perspective it is, but it's certainly not a benefit for the fandom which these forums house.

The exploit allowed you to inject Pokemon into a Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alphasapphire game by using the QR scanner in the 3ds camera. I know there was also some people using it in Pokemon Shuffle.

Juliacoolo said:
How is that great in any way whatsoever? From a corporate perspective it is, but it's certainly not a benefit for the fandom which these forums house.

It is great because for those who judge and play events because it ensures people are playing by the rules and boundaries set forth by the game. I don't want to face a person in a VGC tournament who took advantage of an exploit and got a competitive team in minutes when it took me several hours. You can't really compare a real tournament to Showdown.

Aren't most Pokemon in tournaments already obtained through roundabout, questionable methods? I know that seed picking for RNG abuse is (was?) ridiculously common.

I don't endorse the use of said methods, nor would I the QR exploit. But in the long run I really don't think it matters all that much. The end result is all the same thing, one guy just worked a lot more for it on a basis of personal reasons.

You've been out of it too long SotS. Sixth generation its very easy to breed for IVs and legendary Pokemon automatically have at least 3 IVs that are 31. Before a legendary Pokemon I'll save then soft reset if I don't get the IVs I want. It only took me around 8 tries to get a timid Raikou w/ HP Ice by using a synchronizer in the first position.

Back