3DS Discussion Thread

While I much preferred OoT when I was younger, I've learned to appreciate MM as I've gotten older. I love it now. It is, to date, the only game I've attempted speedrunning.

Honestly, as far as new features go, I'd be happy with just a Master Quest version. I'm intrigued by Aonuma's "not just another remake" comments, though, and can't wait to learn more.

I'm wondering did Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds come with a paper manual?

Because my used copy from Gamestop didn't.

The-Kaiser said:
I'm wondering did Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds come with a paper manual?

Because my used copy from Gamestop didn't.

I.. don't think it did? Can't remember with certainty, but I'm pretty sure that it only had one of those dumb little one page pictures with the most basic controls on it.

I don't think any 3DS games come with paper manual. The manual is digital, you can select the option when you pick the game on the starting screen.

Chaos Jackal said:
I don't think any 3DS games come with paper manual. The manual is digital, you can select the option when you pick the game on the starting screen.

Many games have and still do include paper manuals, but are slowly moving away from it (possibly to save paper). For example, XY included a 6 page foldout manual, and 1 page of that was a cover, and 3 pages were warranties, copyrights, and warnings, leaving just 2 pages to briefly explain the Player Search System and the controls.

Compare this to Black 2 (the most recent predecessor), which included a 24 page booklet manual, which went into much greater detail on the various features of the game, From basic controls, to Unova Link, to the C-Gear, and even Pokemon Global Link. Clearly we're seeing a movement away from paper and to digital.

I'm only a little sad for this, because there are those occasions where you would like to look at the manual and play the game at the same time (preform the instructions while reading them, perhaps), but these were relatively rare. If I ever looked at a game's manual at all in the past, it was about some obscure feature or detail, which digital manuals serve just as well for, if not better.

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said no manual; most games have a folding manual with very few pages, explaining mostly controls and other very basic stuff. No "real" manual.

You think 3DS games are bad with manuals, you should see PS4 games. Manual is printed on the inside cover. Kind of like how Club Nintendo codes are now. It's better for the environment and all that, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish for them to come back. At least Smash Bros.' was still nice and colorful.

Chaos Jackal said:

All 3DS games come with a paper manual man. It is at the very bottom on the left side of the game cart case. All my Pokemon games have a Paper manual and every game that Nintendo produces for retail is supposed to have a paper manual in the game. If yours did not the previous owner kept it or did not put it back in the case before he or she sold it. If you buy it new retail it will come with a paper manual.:)

xxashxx said:
Chaos Jackal said:

All 3DS games come with a paper manual man. It is at the very bottom on the left side of the game cart case. All my Pokemon games have a Paper manual and every game that Nintendo produces for retail is supposed to have a paper manual in the game. If yours did not the previous owner kept it or did not put it back in the case before he or she sold it. If you buy it new retail it will come with a paper manual.:)
If you consider those one-page foldout things aka the "quick instructions" that Nintendo games have nowadays as manuals, then yes. Traditional multi-page paper manuals are not included anymore.

You really should read the other replies.

I did not know they stopped making regular manuals man. When did they stop and why? I does not make sense. These one page things do not count as a manual XD.:(

xxashxx said:
I did not know they stopped making regular manuals man. When did they stop and why? I does not make sense. These one page things do not count as a manual XD.:(
They stopped a bit after the release of the 3DS as they realized that digital manuals are enough, manuals are often skipped anyway and manuals produce additional costs that can be cut for more profit.

The only problem with digital manuals is if the system dies you no longer have the manual to the games without manuals XD.:(

xxashxx said:
The only problem with digital manuals is if the system dies you no longer have the manual to the games without manuals XD.:(
You don't need a manual to a game you can't play.

You can lose a paper manual but keep a game, if you lose the game you don't need the manual either.

Meh, looks like 3DS really is in store for a boring year. 46 minutes of Nintendo Direct coverage and not a single 3DS game that wasn't a casual game or JRPG. Not a whole lot of variety in that lineup.

In a post that will surprise likely no one, I am super excited for the new FE title shown in the beginning of the Direct! :D It has a cool, Eastern flair and it looks as if we'll be getting some cool new class/weapon surprises. And dat golem thing with the flat face. :eek: They actually have a proper manga author doing the storyline this time, so I'm hoping for a good storyline as well. Japanese release is apparently this summer, so we should hopefully be seeing more details soon.

I was also surprised at the relatively fast release date for MM3DS. Less than a month away now!

Not releasing the smaller model in the US is really strange but I don't see why there is such a backlash. Not being able to buy a peripheral would never stop me buying a system. The kicking and screaming I've seen over twitter is so dumb. This being said however those coloured buttons really make my decision difficult.
Also that new Fire Emblem trailer made me think I should finish Awakening at some point.

I almost cried at the teaser trailer for the new FE game. Just when I thought I may not see another FE game, this beauty shows up. Oh how Nintendo knows my weakness :p

Did you really think they wouldn't continue to make more FE games after the gold mine that was Awakening? :p Sure, Awakening was threatened to have been the last game if it had sold poorly like the trend had been following, but instead it's been easily the most popular of all the FE games basically ever.

I'm honestly not too interested in the New 3DS for now, but may end up upgrading if there are significant advantages with with for the new FE when it comes out, and/or a shiny FE cover piece. >_>

Well I wasn't sure when they would release another FE game and didn't expect a new FE game before SMT x FE, so it was a pleasant surprise regardless. I'm not too keen on the new 3DS either and I'll probably wait until some retailer has a special one-day or weekend special on it like they did with the 3DS XL.

Apparently the pair-up system is back in FE, which has dampened my enthusiasm somewhat. I wasn't really a fan of Awakening (I've only played it for a mere 238 hours!), but part of that was probably also that the level design was horribly bland and the story somehow even less engaging than some of the previous handheld titles, though that might've been me preferring world-building over people stories. Most of it was definitely because of the pair-up system, though, which essentially cut your party in half and removed a large part of the difficulty of training weaker units. I might try not using it from the start and see where that takes me, if it's anything like Awakening Classic/Hard should still be manageable. I do think I prefer the character designs I've seen so far over the Awakening ones, though, and hooray for feet!

Back