News 20th Anniversary Set in September + Surfing Pikachu and M Slowbro-EX!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Athena, May 17, 2016.

1. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

Skeleton Liar and bbninjas like this.

2. Oak as a Tropical Beach? Cool!
    This brings back the memories to what really got me into Pokémon, when my cousins gave me all of their old cards. I need this set! :D

adv and Roaring_Inferno like this.
  3. Deck Maker Xerneas Deck Builder
    Deck Maker Xerneas

Finally! A good non-discard draw supporter outside of N!

Oh and I'm gonna try to build that charizard as a deck.

adv and Johto King like this.
  4. WorldRenownedHeretic #ArchStoise Architect
    WorldRenownedHeretic

Let's see that Blastoise reprint!

5. MasterGallade ThePokemonRhombus @ YouTube
    MasterGallade

Most important thing: Are they bringing back galaxy holo in a main set???

6. Lanstar The Funny Fairy Bug
    Lanstar

My turn ends when I use it, and it takes up my Supporter use on the same turn... Sorry, But I think Tierno is a better card than this - and I rarely play that card anyways.

bean1234875 likes this.
  7. MasterGallade ThePokemonRhombus @ YouTube
    MasterGallade

Man I hope all the cards they have on those scrolling banners are made into reprints, cuz if we finally see that Vending Aerodactyl in English then I'll be SO happy

Pikachu6319 and Purrloin like this.
  8. Ami Dark Professor/Leader of the Destiny Tower League
    Ami Dark

Just tell me we're getting a reprint of Blacksmith and I will build that Charizard deck a.s.a.please.

Roaring_Inferno likes this.
  9. TheAnticipationEevee Decidueye Vileplume <3
    TheAnticipationEevee

Oh that will be FANTASTIC!

-----

Guess what! Blastoise is gonna have a happy Rain Dance, Alakazam gets to share Damage Swap with Reuniclus, Venusaur (not sure about this one) <- just a worse golduck break?

10. WorldRenownedHeretic #ArchStoise Architect
    WorldRenownedHeretic

they should bring back the star holo from base-fossil for this

Crimzonlogic likes this.
  11. Nahiri Never gonna be President now
    Nahiri

Oh gosh, I really, really need that pretty little Charizard.
    Really great they're using about the same old format too, it's a nice aesthetic touch <3

12. matthewbny

Many thoughts come to mind:
    • inb4 Hitmonchan gets a BREAK and Haymaker (somehow) becomes playable again
    • Charizard!!!! Everyone's favorite!!!!! Doubled attack power but still a deck that might see some play at locals unless Blacksmith becomes a thing again. (oh dear.)
    • I've been waiting for a card like Tropical Beach for a while actually.
    • Are cards from other sets coming out? I see that Dark Charizard and Mr. Fuji, but they could be there just for decoration.

Johto King likes this.
  13. PineDog Random TCG Trainer
    PineDog

As some of you may know, I'm not a big fan of Evolutions. That Charizard could be decently playable with Special Charge and Puzzle of Time (using Double Colorless Energy.) The Pikachu, is well, a Pikachu. And I have mixed feelings for Professor Oak's Hint, I find it kind of useless. I could see it being playable on the first turn, but I find wasting your Supporter, and wasting the end of your turn absolutely horrible. Drawing into 7 is good, but honestly I find Tierno a better option of straight drawing. I'll stick with my FA Professor Sycamore, thank you very much.

14. Asclepius24 Aspiring Trainer
    Asclepius24

I wonder if our cards in the States will look like this or like our Base Set. My money would be on the latter.

15. They retained the original look a lot more than I expected (not just art, but the card itself). Couldn't be happier with the design and the stats/effects updates.

I think I'm most wishing for an Electrode reprint. I don't think its ability even needs to be updated much to be useful in the current format (though get rid of the pesky status condition limit, of course).

16. Razzmanfire Aspiring Trainer
    Razzmanfire

I think if you cant make a decent move on your first turn then that oak would be ok. otherwise its just not good at all

17. Chrswrites Aspiring Trainer
    Chrswrites

The reprints are cool, but I'm not too happy. Mainly because we now get Charizard and Mega Charizard. So I hope we don't get Dark Charizard as well. That would take up too many spots for just one evolution-line. (Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Dark Charizard, Charizard Ex and Mega Charizard = 6 spots). Imagine they would do that for Venusaur and Blastoise as well.

18. RiverShock Aspiring Trainer
    RiverShock

Calling these reprints is misleading. They're remakes. They're different cards based on older cards. (We've had a lot of those over the years. Aside from using the old art and layout, these are nothing new.)

I do like how they're handling this, though. (I hope there's at least 1 actual reprint in here for nostalgia's sake, though. Even if it's something like Seel that's entirely irrelevant. Being able to use A Base Set card that isn't an Energy, Switch, Potion or Maintenance would be nice.)

Johto King and RealSlim like this.
  19. DatSonicAce Latios Superfan
    DatSonicAce

Call me completely insane, but Charizard could possibly see play with Magnezone

20. kai88 THE Aspiring Trainer ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    kai88

Better golduck break. Forest of giant plants

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?