(2) New Set of X/Y Rumors, Xerneas/Yveltal Half Decks [9/23]

Status
Not open for further replies.
don()shinobi said:
Water Pokémon Master said:
You have a lot of trouble reading.
Not really, stuff just doesn't come out the way I want it to. My humblest apologies.
Just wanted to make a point that this is a news site, not a "post a rumor because I (and only I) have been shown evidence of it" site, so I'm confused as to why this was even posted in the first place.

well, its his site, plus there's other pokemon "news" sites out there if you don't like the rumors posted by him..

oh this is more of a fan site that posts news and other pokemon info(other pokemon info can include rumors)...

Daikuza said:
I'm a competitive player, the only thing that interests me is battling and I will not play it with more and more random luck -period.

Doesn't mean you can't get the game and not go competitive plus it boosts evasion right? that means it's probably not going to help you.

Doesn't mean you can't get the game and not go competitive plus it boosts evasion right? that means it's probably not going to help you.
lmao, you don't get it right?... let's stop it now. makes no sense to talk with you about it.
---

zappy800 said:
CMP said:
Nope.

I'm choosing to believe the majority, if not all, of these rumors. Sounds plausible enough, and if that's really the spider's name then GLORIOUS.

Oops thought it was poison well I failed. But what about trapinch.

Neither does him, it's a pure Ground Type.

I feel that, if it's a news site, the news should be limited only to confirmed stuff, not rumors.

WPM, yes, I know what a fan site is. I help to RUN one or two, and I have standards that I keep to myself when writing up news articles. I don't expect other sites to follow my standards, but I do feel that there should be a line between fact and fiction in the same way there is a line between confirmed and opinion/rumor. Even just keeping the posts to the forums would be fine. Again, i don't mean to tell you how to run your own website, not at all.

Trainerhan1 said:
I can't believe you guys talking about loosing types haven't brought up Onix.

Onix keeps one of it's types, Ground. The thing with Bunnelby is that he loses Normal Type and gets 2 different ones.

halfrican said:
poliwag0 said:
Oops I read the Espurr one wrong. For the porcupine it's very unlikely because it hasn't happened before. For the Yveltal/Xerneaus one it says "On the title screen you can use the analog joystick on your 3DS to change the angle at which you see Xerneas/Yveltal." but the leaker wouldn't know about the X opening if he only played Y.
The leaker was probably assuming what the X title screen would be like. I mean, if you can rotate yveltal, it stands to reason that you can do the same with xerneas in pokemon X. Also, just because something hasn't happened before does not indicate that it cannot happen, or is unlikely to happen. There is a nasty logical fallacy called the appeal to tradition fallacy that deals with that sort of logic. We've also never had an early bird pokemon be anything but normal/flying after evolution, but now we have talonflame. We've never had an eeveelution revealed on it's own before, but now we have sylveon. We have never had a non-reptilian grass starter before, but now we have chespin. GF loves to pretend they are making patterns, and then shake them up suddenly.
IIRC, Espeon was not revealed while Umbreon was, leaving our Psychic-typed friend unannounced until G/S came out.

every fan site runs differently.... some tend to lean t be more news worthy while others don't....
I personally see nothing wrong with posting rumors because I like to see the speculation....
It's not like he's saying these rumors are 100%, he specifically, and clearly states not think of them as true until they are reviled to be.

I don't think of this site as a site to get my news from, therefore i don't treat it that way. It's a fansite where pokemon fans come to to have fun and speculate... rumors are apart of the speculation and hype.... so i don't see anything wrong with it.

Chrono said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:
P-p-Porcupine?! want it! I want all of it o_e Though I find it strange that a normal type evolves into a dark ground type...I don't know how I feel about this new leaker...
Chespin's line is based off a porcupine/hedgehog.

You realize that a Porcupine isn't a Hedgehog right? A porcupine has massive fur-like spikes and is a rodent, while a Hedgehog has solid wood-like spikes and isn't.
A Hedgehog is part of the Erinaceidae family, while a Porcupine is part of the Hystricomorpha. They're nowhere close to the same family at all.

Chespin is based on a Hedgehog and Chestnut.

Rangermon said:
Chrono said:
Chespin's line is based off a porcupine/hedgehog.

You realize that a Porcupine isn't a Hedgehog right? A porcupine has massive fur-like spikes and is a rodent, while a Hedgehog has solid wood-like spikes and isn't.
A Hedgehog is part of the Erinaceidae family, while a Porcupine is part of the Hystricomorpha. They're nowhere close to the same family at all.

doesn't matter. to them, if it has quills then it's blasphemy(even though it's not confirmed...) might as well get mad at cyndaquil for being another starter and pokemon based off animal with quills

Rangermon said:

You should not automatically assume that because they arent related, they cant both play a part in the inspiration of the Pokemon. Think of the dragonfly/antlion mix for the Trapinch line (the Dragon typing is the reference to the dragonfly I'm assuming. I already know what an antlion adult looks like.)

Oh for goodness sake everyone; primary typings, not secondary typings.

The only (known) Pokemon so far that lose their primary typing [besides Eevee] are Swablu, Fletchling, and Azurill (Unless I'm forgetting someone; I am going off memory here). Many pokemon gain a secondary type, but only a few lose their primary. It's obviously not a common occurrence, but it does happen.

That said, to deny the idea of Bunnelby's type changing so drastically shouldn't be used as evidence against the rumors. Heck, for all we know, Azurill's type may change to Normal/Fairy or pure Fairy in light of Marill's type change, so let's just wait and not tear each other apart about this. Rumors exist to spark discussion and speculation. That's what makes them so enjoyable.

98Greener said:
I get it guys.
I was stupid. I'm sorry.
I'll go crawl back into my hole now.

No no, sweetheart, come back out. I'm sorry, I was just teasing you.

anyway, baaackk on topic, if fairy dust* is real, it seems like a really cool new move.. i like how randomized the affects are

Noxi said:
Rangermon said:

doesn't matter. to them, if it has quills then it's blasphemy(even though it's not confirmed...) might as well get mad at cyndaquil for being another starter and pokemon based off animal with quills
Chill out, homecat! :p
You must admit that a porcupine and a hedgehog are very similar animals. They're both brown, have quills, and have similar habits.
Another thing I forgot to mention was that both Quilladin and the supposed porcupine have names that begin with "quill." That seems very fishy to me, along with what I mentioned in my last post.

And to everyone naming Pokemon that lose a type, you're missing the point.
What I was pointing out is that it's highly unusual that a Pokemon would not only LOSE its single type but also GAIN TWO SEPARATE TYPES. I'm not saying this proves it's fake, but along with everything else I mentioned, I'm going to put my money on this one being fake.

Not true. Porcupines are usually a dark grey Rodent with white accents (especially on the end of it's furry quills). They can differ but the most common is dark grey ;-)

I also want to mention that Chespin has the right body shape for a Hedgehog, if you trim the fat and remove the spikes from it's body. Quilladin represents how a Hedgehog looks without examining closely.
evilpacman said:
Rangermon said:

You should not automatically assume that because they arent related, they cant both play a part in the inspiration of the Pokemon. Think of the dragonfly/antlion mix for the Trapinch line (the Dragon typing is the reference to the dragonfly I'm assuming. I already know what an antlion adult looks like.)

Sometimes they do merge similar species but you shouldn't assume that they'll always do so. There is nothing even related to a Porcupine in Chespin's Japanese name, which is specifically derived from Hedgehog + Chestnut. He's a Hedgehog, with quills taken from the green fur-like Chestnut shell. You only have to look up images of a Chestnut to see the shell and tell where the inspiration came from. In this case, none of his design was taken from a Porcupine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back