(2) New BW Mini-Set 'Dragon Selection', All 2011-12 Pokemon League Badges [10/24]

All-holo set should be interesting. I wonder how they'll handle the eventual English release.

Oh right I forgot they did that. A-welp.

And they'll save the best cards for as long as possible, putting them into our English sets as late as they can.

I don't think we've ever had an Eng/JP set where everything is holographic, but the cost of this box is about 700~800 yen more than the usual JP boxes, so I guess everything WILL be holographic.

Think there'll be FAs or EXs, or will everything be holographic? =\ Or even playable for that matter... it could end up like CoL, where only 2 or 3 cards actually made it to the meta, and everything else was just reprints or collectables.

I thought that it was an English set so I was about to get REALLY excited but then I realized it was Japanese and so I'm more like ":|"...

This just looks like a way for us to get even further behind Japan when it comes to the cards they release. It bothers me so much how far behind we are sometimes...

Water Pokémon Master said:
And they'll save the best cards for as long as possible, putting them into our English sets as late as they can.

TPCi is a troll.

I'll bet most of the stuff isn't even playable really, which is okay. It's only gonna be a mini-set so it won't take up a full ENG set, and the collectors need something every once in a while too.

And so it begins...Pokemon is officially becoming Yu-Gi-Oh; with the rarest and most expensive cards belonging in the tournament winning decks, and booster boxes increasing in cost will surely drive the price up on an individual pack. We might as well be playing Yu-Gi-Oh.

My brothers, we have lost our card game (play dramatic music)

superman said:
And so it begins...Pokemon is officially becoming Yu-Gi-Oh; with the rarest and most expensive cards belonging in the tournament winning decks, and booster packs as high as $10 we might as well be playing Yu-Gi-Oh.

My brothers, we have lost our card game (play dramatic music)

Booster packs as high as $10? Where did you read that?

Water Pokémon Master said:
Booster packs as high as $10? Where did you read that?

Sorry, I meant to type booster boxes increasing in costs. Thank you for correcting my mistake. :)

I want this set, now lol

Im definetely going to buy quite a few packs of this set, hopefully get some cool stuff.

Badges are "meh"

I see PCL finally decided to man up and make a set like the Hidden Arsenal sets in Yugioh.

So, how would rarity work in a set like this? Unless they make smaller quantities of this set than the others, you should be able to acquire cards in this set as easily as you could Commons in all other sets. It sounds like an unnecessary premium that'd appeal only to collectors.

Mew the source of all said:
Who wants to bet there will be another Rayquaza EX making 5 Rayquaza EXs and exs together.

I was thinking the same...

But this looks pretty awesome... I'm looking forward to this, it's just a shame we'll only see all the cards next year...
Also, it looks like they decided to make type-focused sets like Dark Rush and now Dragon Selection... now, they should make a fire themed one IMO...

I want another Salamence EX.

Dark Rush and Dragon selection make me think that there will be sets for more types, specifically Ghost, Steel, and Bug. Types that were either not around in Red/Blue, or types that are sort of intertwined. (Bug is good against Dark which is good agaist Ghost, but Ghost is bad against Steel, etc.)

Ophie said:
So, how would rarity work in a set like this? Unless they make smaller quantities of this set than the others, you should be able to acquire cards in this set as easily as you could Commons in all other sets. It sounds like an unnecessary premium that'd appeal only to collectors.
You would get a pack that's just like every other pack in Japan, only every card in the pack is a holo. Holo doesn't necessarily mean holographic rare.

Dragon is my favorite type, so I can't wait! There's no Dragon type in the TCG, so not the best type the pick in that way, but Dragon types are aweseome so I'm happy!!!!! What if they started adding types like Dragon to the TCG? I don't think so, though. Very, very unlikely, but with the amount of fans making fake cards with types like Dragon & Flying, it's a 00.1% chance, and a 99.9% chance that they will all be colorless or if they are dual type, something else. Or mayebe dual types will be colorless due to being part Dragon (like a colorless Reshiram). I think the all cards are holo thing is cool, too. We'll see cards like Axew and as holos. Haxorus is awesome, so I'm glad he's in the set!

EDIT: Haxorus EX? I hope!

EVERY card holo? That sounds pretty epic. Can't wait to see this. I feel like the rest of the world is so behind Japan in terms of the sets we have though >_<

Back