(2) New BW Mini-Set 'Dragon Selection', All 2011-12 Pokemon League Badges [10/24]

This "Dragon Selection" set seems pretty cool! Are ALL the cards going to be holographic? Thats kinda weird... But cool at the same time. I think the fact that Rayquaza is on the pack art and is likely to be featured in this set, is a Ruby and Sapphire remake hint. Cause Kyogre and Groudon were just featured as EX cards, now Rayquaza is most likely getting a card!

Pokemon ex said:
I think the fact that Rayquaza is on the pack art and is likely to be featured in this set, is a Ruby and Sapphire remake hint. Cause Kyogre and Groudon were just featured as EX cards, now Rayquaza is most likely getting a card!
Just because a 3rd generation Pokémon is featured on a set doesn't mean we're gonna get Ruby and Sapphire remakes...

Metalizard said:
Speaking of that, I wonder if, by Dragon Selection, they are just focusing on real dragon-type pokémon (which is what's more likely) or if they will also give some love to dragon-like pokémon like Charizard *coughwhichshouldbearealdragon-typetoocough*...

I'm wondering that too. Maybe Aerodactyl and Gyarados will be in this set?

You know, this set may not be as great as many people think if they include their pre-evolved forms such as dratini, bagon, trapinch etc,etc, etc but only in a holographic form, then it may just be a shinier version of a normal expansion.

Pokefan4000 said:
You would get a pack that's just like every other pack in Japan, only every card in the pack is a holo. Holo doesn't necessarily mean holographic rare.

Yeah, I know. The issue here is that by making them holographic, are you being charged more for these cards? It smells like price-gouging to me, just done in a way to fool collectors and the naïve who think they're getting something special when they're not.

Personally I think that these two sets seem quite good. With the name dragon selection it gives the impression that it will be dragon with those similar (charizard and gyrados) making it more like a normal set. Like a point earlier, the idea of the set being completely holo is noting new and wouldn't be surprising if they do one of three things when it comes to the English version of the set - merging the set with dark rush (perhaps making some of the cards regular with different artwork and have the holos as secret rares), the set is a bit like hidden arsenal where they are all holo and for obvious reasons some of them are weeker or they will release these cards as secret rares and the some are in a set similar to the end set of hgss and useless call of legends set as it was obvious that other than the sets reprints were useless and rubbish *cough*promo deoxys*cough*. The idea of a new type would only be happening is if its an ability/text like ex-pokemon that all in the set have saying something like this pokemon has a (x2) weekness to another pokemon with this text/ability. the set in general will probably consist of 40-50 cards with only about 10-15 being good (4ish for ex cards).
This is what I think what will happen...

Ophie said:
Yeah, I know. The issue here is that by making them holographic, are you being charged more for these cards? It smells like price-gouging to me, just done in a way to fool collectors and the naïve who think they're getting something special when they're not.
Yeah.

It's just like the Hidden Arsenal packs in Yu-Gi-Oh. These packs cost the same as regular packs, but come with 5 cards instead of the standard 9. The standard packs come with 8 commons and 1 rare, or 7 commons, 1 rare, and 1 super/ultra/ultimate/secret rare. The Hidden Arsenal packs, however, contain only 5 cards, and have 4 super rares and 1 secret rare. The booster boxes have the same amount of packs as regular booster boxes and cost the same, but have less cards overall, essentially charging more for each individual card. But not all of these cards are good; especially in recent years, only a few out of these 60-card sets are playable in today's metagame, just like how not every card in a Pokemon set is playable.

The holos in Dragon Selection are gonna have to be pretty freaking good-looking if you're paying more for them.
Or maybe it's just to celebrate the introduction of a new type.

Back