(2) M Rayquaza-EX/Togepi from Emerald Break, Video: New Hoopa Movie Trailer! [3/4]

RE: Video: New Hoopa Movie Trailer! [3/4]

Man this is so cool I can't wait till it comes out in English so we know what there saying :D

RE: Video: New Hoopa Movie Trailer! [3/4]

Very cool! I like how it ties into the game with Legendary Pokemon coming out of the magical rings. Can't wait to see it.

I hate when they give basics 50 or less HP and stupidly weak attacks. Now even if togekiss is good this togepi will make you always question using it. It's like Gyarados and milotic too much risk to run them since their basics can be killed in 1 by Everything pretty much turn 1

I'm looking forward to getting the Togepi line, should Togetic and Togekiss be released as Fairy-type too. As I keep two of every Pokémon in my folder, one for each type, I'll be needing two Fairy Togepi cards once the set's released in May.

While that Mega Rayquaza-EX FA looks incredibly menacing, the Togepi artwork looks...bland. It ALMOST looks like 3D, but at the same time it doesn't, and it isn't really that pleasing to the eye.

I hope the SR's for next set ditch the Item trend and shift over to Shiny Pokemon. I really want a Shiny Greninja or Pyroar reprint. Those would make my day.

I want that full at rayquaza EX. It looks sweet, togepi is not good but the rest of the line could be promising.

This new movie is looking pretty interesting to say the least. I honestly think the whole "large battle between most of the legendaries" should've been saved for next year when it will be the series's 20th anniversary, but I'm cool with this concept happening this year. I'm especially looking forward to seeing Arceus in the movie once again! I'm also pretty glad we finally have a Pokemon that doesn't speak via telepathy (you can see Hoopa moving its mouth to speak early in the trailer).

And it looks like the movie's location this time around is based on Dubai. From 0:44-0:50 in the trailer, you can see all of the legendaries fly around a very tall skyscraper that looks a lot like the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in Dubai and the world. Even the skyline for a few seconds within that time frame resembles Dubai's. Makes sense to use an Arabian city for the basis of this movie's location considering Hoopa is an Arabian-themed Pokemon.

I'm also surprised this hasn't been posted on the front page yet: The movie website has been updated with plenty of new information about the movie, including the story and Pokemon+characters that will be featured. The website also has a shorter length trailer of the one that aired on Oha Suta yesterday.

Turns out the man that is shown awakening the Prison Bottle in the trailer is named Balza. He has a sister named Mary who takes care of Hoopa. The two lived with Hoopa in a movie location called "Arkhe Valley". Balza finds the location of the lost Prison Bottle during the movie. There's also another movie character enigmatically named "The traveler," and this man sealed Hoopa within the Prison Bottle 100 years ago after a cataclysmic battle took place that almost destroyed the city.

Here's the translation of the story that appears on the Japanese Pokemon movie website; credit to Serebii.net for translating it:

"One hundred years ago, the desert city "Désser City" got severely damaged in a battle between Pokémon. The battle was started due to one specific Pokémon. However, the Pokémon got sealed by someone, and the city went back to being as peaceful as ever, a state it still is in today.

As Ash, Pikachu and the others continue their journey, they encounter the mythical Pokémon Hoopa, who carries "rings that can summon anything and everything", and a girl named Mary who takes care of Hoopa.

The mischievous Hoopa starts summoning all kinds of things from its rings, including its favorite food, donuts, to everyone's surprise and enjoyment. Ever a prankster, the simple-minded and innocent Hoopa starts referring to Ash and Pikachu as "Saton" and "Pikan". It quickly befriends the group, and they all decide to travel together.

Once they arrive in Désser City, Ash and the others meet Mary's older brother, Barza. However, something seems off about him. On a closer look, he's holding the "Prison Bottle" that's said to have sealed the Pokémon that once destroyed the city!

An evil air drifts out of the bottle. It appears that the seal has become undone over all this time. Just then, legendary Pokémon giving off that same air appear! Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Kyurem... This will put the city in extreme danger.

In order to protect the city, Hoopa makes more legendary Pokémon "Appear!" from its rings! Will Satoshi and his friends manage to protect Désser City alongside the legendary Pokémon Hoopa made "Appear!"? And what is the true identity of this evil power?

LEGEND VS LEGEND!
The most fierce battle in Pokémon movie history is about to begin!"

There's also news about the movie's short this time around. It's named "The Minidjinni of the Word "Appear!": Hoopa (おでまし小魔神フーパ), and it will be available via DVD from March 7th exclusively at 7-11 stores. You can obtain this short if you purchase a special set of tickets. Here's the summary of the short below. Again, credit to Serebii.net for the information about this, as well as the translation.

"This is a story set when Hoopa's companions Balza and Mary were still children. The three of them lived happily together with the villagers in "Arkhe Valley", a place far from Désser City where Hoopa later met Ash and the others. Everyone there loved Hoopa's rings, which could make anything and everything appear! One day, the three of them were helping an old woman make donuts. Hoopa's eyes started glittering at the sight of these round treats it had never seen before! But when Hoopa's rings get used to make donuts, things quickly get silly!".

Can't wait to hear more information about the movie as the months go by!

Nice looking M. Rayquaza.

Kangaflora, I would imagine Togetic and Togekiss will be Fairy type as well, I certainly hope so at any rate. I need those three cards for my live cardex.

I have to say though I wish we had seen Zekrom instead, especially since we've seen a dragon Reshiram.

I would prefer to see shiny Pokemon over gold items personally. Of course I would also prefer them to be new cards instead of reprints that are simply shiny, so there you have it. Have to wait and see.

Looking at togepi again I'm now hoping that togetic and kiss follow a similar attack. Like 50 damage your opponent draws 3 cards
70 damage your opponent draws 5 cards.
Think lake game when decks are thin you could win the game by decking yor opponent out. Mill decks in a new fashion. Killing with kindness :)

Togepi is card #36 out of 70. Considering that, it seems like there will be a LOT of Dragon and Colorless Pokemon. Ouch.

I got some screen captures from the off page, got I don't know how to upload it from my tab, and pay atention to the pendant the character is wearing, it's Arceus signature! o_O

01.png

03.png

04.png

05.png

07.png

Why does Reshiram get the playability treatment but Zekrom doesn't? Ah, well. I can't think of a huge use for this card, aside from maybe some kind of Energy-switching card. Considering, though, that the M Rayquaza EX deck will come with a few new trainers, we could get lucky and find something that lands in that criteria. Otherwise, 4 for 100 with self-acceleration is completely average.

GadgetJax said:
Why does Reshiram get the playability treatment but Zekrom doesn't? Ah, well. I can't think of a huge use for this card, aside from maybe some kind of Energy-switching card. Considering, though, that the M Rayquaza EX deck will come with a few new trainers, we could get lucky and find something that lands in that criteria. Otherwise, 4 for 100 with self-acceleration is completely average.

Isn't this Zekrom just from the minideck, while Reshiram is from the main set? Maybe we'll get a better Zekrom in the main set and a worse Reshiram for the minideck.

Despite Zekroms bad playability status, I love the artwork on it!

Back