(2) Fall 2012 Tins: ‘Legendary EX Tins,’ 'Dragons Exalted' Theme Decks [6/8]

I'm surprised they released the good Hydreigon and Garchomp in the decks. I would have put money on the other versions.

Wait...are they releasing the good Garchomp? I thought the Blade deck came with the bad one...

These tins are definitely swagalicious. I wish I could see the artwork just a little more clearly. Regardless, I'm getting my hands on these tins asap.

Yes....An easy way to get Mewtwo EX. The artwork for Mewtwo EX could be a bit better but whatever. Cheap price for EXs=best bargain we can get.

Serperior said:
Wait...are they releasing the good Garchomp? I thought the Blade deck came with the bad one...

In Japan, the theme deck one was the bad one. However, the artwork of the card shown on the theme deck is the good version.

Techinically, they could be the bad ones with the good version artwork, but I'm seriously doubting TPCi would troll us that hard.

I HATE YOU TPCI!

Quit taking all of these gorgeous Japanese holos and making them non-holos for our set. It makes me totally irate. I'm glad that we have actually been getting good cards in our theme decks, but I don't want there at the expense of how they look. Unless they get rid of that ugly cracked glass and give us the normal "line" holo pattern like they did for the Reshi/Zekrom theme decks I will not be happy with this decision.

Just to confirm what everybody probably already knew. If you look reeeeeealy close at the Garchomp deck, you can see the 1 Fighting energy attack. Just thought I'd put that out there.

Gistica said:
Just to confirm what everybody probably already knew. If you look reeeeeealy close at the Garchomp deck, you can see the 1 Fighting energy attack. Just thought I'd put that out there.

And?

Like someone here already said, Garchomp and Hyreigon will probably be made into non holos like they did with poor Zoroark and Arcanine, just because he was a deck mascot and I don't know why Arcanine.

Trainerhan1 said:
Like someone here already said, Garchomp and Hyreigon will probably be made into non holos like they did with poor Zoroark and Arcanine, just because he was a deck mascot and I don't know why Arcanine.

I'd be able to live with the fact that they are nonholo if the theme deck version at least gave us version with the normal "line" holo pattern instead of that ugly/inferior cracked glass one. I was stoked when they dropped the Reshi/Zekrom theme decks since they actually did the holo pattern normally.

Or alternatively I don't see why they just don't handle them like they did the B&W theme decks where they give us the inferior cracked glass theme deck holo, but in the set the same card remains normal holo. I don't see why they have to make the stuff nonholo in the actual set if it appears in the theme deck >:O

DXM147 said:
Lol, theme deck names are DragonSpeed and DragonSnarl

so uh, which one is speed and which one is snarl?

Looking at the cards themselves, I think Garchop is Speed, and Hydrogon is Snarl.

lawl Rayquaza looks really derp on his card, don't really like it at all.

Darkrai looks good, his pose is boring, but it's still better than Rayquaza. :d

Mewtwo's awesome as usual. Looks like they're incorporating bits and pieces of his traditional 3D look back into his modern 3D model, thank goodness.

awesome!!!!! xD they came out and confirmed the mewtwo/darkrai/rayquaza tins! :D I can wait to get my hands on some >:3

Looking at the themes decks and the tins, it's almost like they want us to play good decks... :p

Seriously though, this is epic. Everything I had ever wished for is coming true with Dragons Exhalted; Dragon typing (for us to get our hands on), tins of arguably the three best EX cards in the (upcoming) format, and Garchomp/Hydreigon (both epic and very playable) in the theme decks.

I'm going to drop so much money this fall. :)

I bet that TPCi will throw us a curveball and have the 2 theme decks have 3 different energies rather than the usual 2. The Japanese half decks with Hydrieghon and Garchpmp (whatever) has 3 different energies, so I think the Dragons Exalted theme decks will also have 3. I think the energy types in the Japanese version and the international version will be different. 3 headed dude's deck will still have Psychic and Darkness, and Sharkman will have Water and Fighting for sure, but the change comes in the third energy type. So to figure this out, look at what energy cards are used in the Japanese half decks. Take away the energies that aren't used to powerup Hydrgon's and Garchmp's attack. Look at the blend energies of the respective decks, and put in the one energy type that isn't used from that blend energy.

The result is that one deck contains Fire, Psychic, and Darkness, while the other one contains Water, Fighting, and Metal. That is what I think of what energy types will be in the theme decks.

Tin art is good, not quite as much for the card arts. I'll still be getting one of each though.
I'm actually looking forward to these theme decks. These will probably be the first that I buy since Pt Arceus.
Time to start thinking of a new {DRG} deck.

Back