(1) X/Y Pokemon Direct [9/4]

Drohn said:
An annual charge will allow the service to be maintained long-term so it can provide support for future Pokémon titles.
From the official site^

Does this mean that it will stick around after generation 6? Or is it for the new generation 6 games?

I would like it to stick around for future generations! :)

Eh, this could maybe go on to Gen 7, as long as it's still on 3DS... but it'd be a bit hard, and would certainly require a sizable update to not only account for 100+ new Pokemon but differentiation between Gen 6 and Gen 7 games.

How many boxes of storage are on X & Y themselves? Meaning the actual game cards? Also is there another mothod of transferring Pokemon besides the apps? Why can't we use a transfer machine or a migrating forest like for 4th gen and 5th gen games. They are sure making it harder to transfer Pokemon.I will need my 5th gen team cloned once I get one of the new games XD.:)

Chariblaze said:
Drohn said:
From the official site^

Does this mean that it will stick around after generation 6? Or is it for the new generation 6 games?

Eh, this could maybe go on to Gen 7, as long as it's still on 3DS... but it'd be a bit hard, and would certainly require a sizable update to not only account for 100+ new Pokemon but differentiation between Gen 6 and Gen 7 games.

If it's stored online it can easily move on to new consoles. I think Nintendo is really starting to think about the future now. I am hoping for back and forth trading between generations. Older games can be updated to be able to use the new Pokémon through DLC or they can put restrictions on back and forth trading like in generation 1 and 2.

The downside is that this could be easily hacked. Anything stored online is now easily hacked. I hope they don't just do online transferring. I prefer the methods they have right now XD. It is much safer than storing your data online through clouds. Clouds are very easy to break in to XD.:)

CMP said:
Rick Rhone said:
To everyone complaining about the paid service:

It's 5 fricking DOLLARS A YEAR. Are you guys really that tight up for money?

Woah, calm down bro. Quote someone else who's actually making a big deal about it, as I didn't even mention I had a problem with it.

First of all, that was posted during the Direct, prior to any prices being known. Second of all, I don't want to pay for it because it's not a service I'll have a need for. I don't transfer Pokémon from gen to gen, and I think there are maybe 2 boxes full in my White version.

Five dollars a year is chump change. It's a bargain for sure, but like I said, I have no need for it so I won't be utilizing the service.

I quoted you because you were first.

98Greener said:
DNA said:
And why are we paying for something that we've had for free up until this point?

I don't believe you have a legitimate response to that argument.

Because nostalgia.
And the fact that it's much easier to transfer them now. Before, you had to play a dumb mini-game, and sometimes you couldn't even get all of your Pokemon. This little application lets up to 100 'mons move to your game, with no hassle. Even better, no hacked Pokemon are allowed.
That's worth paying for.
The point that it's "worth paying for" to transfer 100 or so Pokemon at once can be argued.

I disagree with you. I will rarely, if ever, feel a need or want to transfer Pokemon up, saved for a cloned legendary or two. And since I can't clone in Gen 5, odds are I won't be transferring nearly as much. But if I have to transfer a small handful...? I'd rather not pay for something I'm only going to use once or twice.

I also didn't mind playing the "dumb minigame". It was faster than Pal Park (and less tedious too) and would be over in all of 20 seconds.

I wouldn't mind paying for the cloud storage, but to pay for something as small as transfer? No, that's just extortion. Have the transfer as the free bit, and the cloud storage as the paid bit. It's fair and people are happy.

I like the old ways better. I hope there is PC storage like now and I hope everything will be the same like now. I hope the cloud thing is optional XD.:)

I'm making a prediction here. Okay, so you know how behind the Nintendo guys in the video, there is a bunch of stuffed Pokemon toys behind them? Look at them individually. When the camera is focused on the center guy, on his left are Eeveelutions, on his right are the Kanto starter trio and above him is a stuffed Mewtwo doll. But something else is there: Dragonite. So what does this mean? Well, Eevee has gotten Sylveon, the Kanto starters as well as Mewtwo have gotten Megalutions, so the only missing link is Dragonite. My prediction is that Dragonite will be getting a Megalution as well.

What do you think?

Kecleon-X said:
I'm making a prediction here. Okay, so you know how behind the Nintendo guys in the video, there is a bunch of stuffed Pokemon toys behind them? Look at them individually. When the camera is focused on the center guy, on his left are Eeveelutions, on his right are the Kanto starter trio and above him is a stuffed Mewtwo doll. But something else is there: Dragonite. So what does this mean? Well, Eevee has gotten Sylveon, the Kanto starters as well as Mewtwo have gotten Megalutions, so the only missing link is Dragonite. My prediction is that Dragonite will be getting a Megalution as well.

What do you think?
Can you post a screenshot I haven't seen that yet? :D

Thetwiggy13 said:
I was so hoping for more than the Kanto starters....by this logic, I demand Torterra get Sandstream D:< You wanna get one NU outta the dark, you gotta get the others!

....Thick Fat Venusaur may be cool, though. With only Psychic, an incredibly poor type defensively, and Flying, a rather one-dimensional STAB-only option, it might actually get to use that 100 base Special Defense.

Charizard looks much faster; maybe it focuses more on speed?

Blastoise looks cool. Too bad its new ability only boosts Pulse moves...kind of lame. Oh well, the giant cannons are cool.

So far we know that:

"After it Mega Evolves, Mega Charizard's Special Attack stat grows significantly," as quoted from the official website.

"Mega Venusaur's Defense and Special Defense both grow stronger through Mega Evolution."

So Mega Venusaur will have more than base 83 Defense and base 100 Special Defense.

Kecleon-X said:

What do you think?

I thought of this but if Blaziken uses Blazikenite, and the rest follow this pattern, would Dragonite use Dragoniteite?

I like the new ideas but do any you guys see the new pokemon in the screenshot?

Kecleon-X said:

What do you think?

Interesting prediction... I can't imagine what a Mega Dragonite would look like. This could possibly be a small hint. I am still waiting on all the Dunsparce hints to lead up to something, though.

xxashxx said:
The downside is that this could be easily hacked. Anything stored online is now easily hacked. I hope they don't just do online transferring. I prefer the methods they have right now XD. It is much safer than storing your data online through clouds. Clouds are very easy to break in to XD.:)

They said they'll have security measures for online storage.

Annihilator27 said:
Come on Mega Feraligatr!! Mega Blastoise is now tank haha.

Nice what about sinnoh and unova though apparently as of this direct they don't want us with those starters in mega form unless they are just too epic for it.

Drohn said:
An annual charge will allow the service to be maintained long-term so it can provide support for future Pokémon titles.
From the official site^

OR Nintendo has found a shady but effective way to crowdfunding future games :p With the number of fans around the world and each paying 5 dollars a year...that a lot of money. THATS IT, Game Freak and Nintendo are just covers...Team Flare really exists!!! :D

professorlight said:
mastermagpie said:
Is the second sprite along a Flabébé?

direct92.jpg

Flygon! you are in too! yay!

I've been thinking... if the bracelet is what triggers mega evolution... it's very likely the mechanic is exclusive to X and Y, right? unless they make the bracelet a regular key item in posterior games, but I don't see that happening. Maybe they will streamline the mechanic later? like "you used to need this thing, but now you don't, just the megastone. why? because SCIENCE. now shut up, kid"

I'm thinking is that if this mega-evolution is well accepted, then it might just become permanent, like branched evolutions...Ok, I admit it, I just wanna see Mega-Mawile and Mega-Charizard all the time and not just in battle and having to collect stones. T.T

Zielo said:
Kecleon-X said:

What do you think?

Interesting prediction... I can't imagine what a Mega Dragonite would look like. This could possibly be a small hint. I am still waiting on all the Dunsparce hints to lead up to something, though.

Fingers crossed that if that really happens then it will look more like Dratini and Dragonair and not just a chubby orange dragon.

professorlight said:
I've been thinking... if the bracelet is what triggers mega evolution... it's very likely the mechanic is exclusive to X and Y, right? unless they make the bracelet a regular key item in posterior games, but I don't see that happening. Maybe they will streamline the mechanic later? like "you used to need this thing, but now you don't, just the megastone. why? because SCIENCE. now shut up, kid"

I was just about to post something like this. I posted something in one of the first reveal trailers noting that it said Mega Pokémon are only in the Kalos Region. I think that the bracelet goes along with that. An invention made in the Kalos Region that doesn't, I guess, export out from that region. Like the PokéWatch or whatever it was called in DPPt. So with that I'm with you on the fact that they might just make the bracelet a key item in X&Y and in next Gen games that takes a passive effect, while still needing Mega Stones of course.

Annihilator27 said:

Oh god, I can just imagine how overdesigned Mega Feraligatr is going to be.

Or worse... Mega Garchomp... -shutter-

Zielo said:
Annihilator27 said:

Oh god, I can just imagine how overdesigned Mega Feraligatr is going to be.

Or worse... Mega Garchomp... -shutter-

Is the second one even even possible??? What would they do, give it two heads? A sonar to go along with its hammer head theme? I'm honestly afraid of that one.

Back