(1) X/Y Pokemon Direct [9/4]

Baktwerel said:
AtmosphericThunder said:
Here is a screenshot of the moment in the X/Y anime trailer that shows what appears to be a white, four-legged Pokemon, very similar to the one we see in the Pokemon Direct:

http://i.imgur.com/QxQQ3RX.jpg?1

I remember that and wow, the tail really does look like that o_o It could be a mistake though, who knows?
Pokemon Z confirmed.

SkyeVictini said:
Am I the only one who LOVES Mega Venusaur to pieces???

Mega Charizard and Blastoise look cool too, but not as awesome as Mega Venusaur!
Seriously, now I'm just more tempted to choose Froakie so I can use the event Torchic and use a Bulbasaur from Sycamore. (Yes, I'm totally aware that I can only Mega evolve one, but it will still be awesome to have a team of three different type starters!)

who ever said you could only mega evolve 1 Pokémon as far as I'm aware they stay mega evolved in battle so you could switch then mega evolve that 1 to

They did a great job with the design and abilities for the starters; making them look more attractive without going overboard with the changes.

Venusaur looks cute with its flower on the head and the vines hanging from its pedal. It gives it a girly look, but it's still nice. Thick fat will be great for competitive play; lowering the damage from two super effective types.

Blastoise looks like you don't want to get on its bad side. A huge blaster with 2 smaller ones on his hands. I wonder how much stronger pulses will get. Water Pulse + Stab + Mega Launcher might be really strong, and the there will the chance of confusion on top of that!

Charizard has been my favourite Pokémon from the day I bought Pokémon Red (my very first game, and Charmander my very first Pokémon). I was really scared they would mess up his design for me (although it would ever stop being my favourite!). However, they made it even more appealing to me! I hoped for it to have Drought when the Dream World and Hidden Abilities were revealed, but it didn't happen. Now that it did I'm psyched!

Also, 5$ per month for the Pokémon Bank is a great deal for cloud storage! I'm definitely getting it. I hope this service will exist throughout all the future generations for easy transferring. Was it confirmed that this allows Pokémon to switch back and forth between generation 5 & 6 or for it to not be possible? If Pokémon from older generations (of course without knowing any new moves) could be transferred back that would also be great. I don't expect that to happen, however. It's an amazing feature, nevertheless!

Edit: I am curious; if the professor doesn't give you Fennekin, Froakie, or Chespin, does that mean they are not the official starters for the region? Are the official starters the same as in Kanto?

Raptor9229 said:
jdivinity said:
So does this mean I can save my Pokemon in the Bank from my first few play throughs of X? This is gold, I always hated having to delete my file and the Pokemon with it because I didn't have the second version to transfer my babies to when I wanted to start a new play through.

Also, MEGA CHARIZARD YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! So, basically we get three starters this gen. Kanto, Hoenn, and Kalos. Hmmm.. certainly interesting. I may use the hoenn and kanto starter on my team during my first playthrough but thats it.

Who says it is only going to be just three? What if it turns out to be Six?
I hope you get starters from every generation or at least 2 to because I haven't been able to use totodile in a long time I only have 1 3ds so I cant get my totodile from heart gold to white to y:(

People actually think these mega evolutions are good? all theyre doing is adding a couple more lines and an extra feature (eg. 3 water cannons for blastoise) The more I see of this the more worried I get that mega evolution is going to be terrible. Blastoise is the only one that even looks noticeably deffirent, the only problem is now he looks worse, like a hunchback.

So is charizard getting a dragon type under its belt? Are they removing flying ?

No Fire/ Dragon... I'm so disappointed. At least we can transfer.

Btw, where was it confirmed that they retain the same type?

totodilefan31601 said:
I don't get why everyone is complaining about Pokémon bank its 5 dollars A YEAR that's better then NETFLIX! you also get a 1 month trial you could just use that month to get your Pokémon and undownload it I'm not getting Pokémon box because in my games I go like ash's style by starting COMPLETLY fresh also we got STARTER evolutions but not like we thought we were going to

Because, when you pay for netflix you aren't already paying 50$ for a game. Not to mention transferring your poke's has always been free and now they want us to pay. As I understand it you need this bank to trade pokemon between games which is a load of BS!
Edit: yup[ I read it right. to transfer between gens, you need to pay money. nope. not happening.

As much as I love the design for Mega Charizard, he's still a terrible pokemon.

Fire/Flying still means a double weakness to rock, and unless he gets a MASSIVE boost in defenses, he'll still be taken down in one hit.

Honestly I would have preferred the ability levitate and a Fire/Dragon typing.

As for the Poke Bank and Transporter being 5$ a year...

Really. Are we really complaining about 5$ a year? If you can't afford 5$ a year, I'm surprised you can afford Pokemon X and Y. And we get a WHOLE MONTH FREE. That's long enough to transfer all your pokemon from the past to X and Y.

Drohn said:
Was it confirmed that this allows Pokémon to switch back and forth between generation 5 & 6 or for it to not be possible? If Pokémon from older generations (of course without knowing any new moves) could be transferred back that would also be great. I don't expect that to happen, however. It's an amazing feature, nevertheless!

According to Pokémon's official website: Note that Poké Transporter cannot return Pokémon to Pokémon Black Version, Pokémon White Version, Pokémon Black Version 2, or Pokémon White Version 2 after they have been stored in an online Box.

khit said:
People actually think these mega evolutions are good? all theyre doing is adding a couple more lines and an extra feature (eg. 3 water cannons for blastoise) The more I see of this the more worried I get that mega evolution is going to be terrible. Blastoise is the only one that even looks noticeably deffirent, the only problem is now he looks worse, like a hunchback.

IT looks like you're confusing Mega Evolutions with normal ones. They are just powered up versions of themselves, and thus makes sense their main design doesn't change as much. Yep, evolutions in general are that but see it more like a form instead.

Btw., did someone of you notice the fact, that the part “Mega” isn't showed on the screen (next to the mega-evolved Pokémon)?
http://www.jpeg.cz/images/2013/09/04/BTrCL.jpg

NotSeen said:
Btw., did someone of you notice the fact, that the part “Mega” isn't showed on the screen (next to the mega-evolved Pokémon)?

Yup but it still appears in the text-box. ^^'

To the people moaning about the fee:

Servers require a lot of maintenance especially when they're supposedly going be used for future games! It's not even much to pay! It's really stupid to complainIMO.

The new Megas look fantastic! Can't wait to have a Mega Charizard on my team. It really makes these Pokémon competitively viable now!

Sky Pillar said:
No Fire/ Dragon... I'm so disappointed. At least we can transfer.

Btw, where was it confirmed that they retain the same type?

The official site: http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-gb/pokemon/mega_pokemon/

NotSeen said:

That's what the Mega Symbol is for between the Pokémon's gender and level, to indicate it is Mega Evolved without using too much on-screen space spelling out 'Mega' in front of every name.

Look people have been walking through VGC with hacked Pokemon since halfway through D/P. This is a failsafe way to make sure any Pokemon you got off the old GTS wasn't hacked. How many of you have been caught with hacked Pokemon or could not compete online because of said hacked Pokemon you got off the GTS? Besides, this is Nintendos way of getting alot of that hacking down-and only the really GOOD hacks will pass though. You all are whining and moaning about nothing. Because VGC will change DRAMATICALLY this year especially when they flip the format to X/Y they want to make sure its as fair as possible-no more of this all shiny suspicious garbage that gets though preliminary hack checks. Pokesaving and creating Pokemon from apps is a thing you know?

This is an OPTIONAL service the app transfer is just one way to give every a "fresh start" in a way-very few hacks would survie not one but two passes in the system. WHo knows-this could be the way they check at Worlds and this is a great way to check your own Pokemon before entering. And its a YEARLY subscription, not monthly. Also keep in mind they kept fees off of VGC players this year and this could be a nice ninja way of seeing what kind of money they could get offering a service that will be used by both collectors and hard core VGC/1v1 players.

I'll repost what I put on my FB post this morning which sums up all my points better-

Ok everyone, before you whine and complain about Pokemon Cloud Storage having a 5 dollar fee a YEAR to store pokemon (wow what a pocket buster) here's a few things to keep in mind-

+ Because you are PAYING for said service, Nintendo is held more accountable for your data than a "free cloud service". Free providers don't have to care jack squat whether their servers crash and you didn't pay a dime into their system and you loose your files.

+ This is to prevent the ridiculous amount of cheating that has exploded since halfway through D/P era and through B/W when apps were made for Iphones, computers etc to hack legitimate looking pokemon and send data through proxy wifi servers and such. You could literally make a Pokemon from scratch on your phone or computer (not that its recommended) and take that to VGC tournaments and circumvent most of their anti hack checking systems.

+ Before you complain about "why couldn't they use the SD card/Internal mechanics" its because that's prone to hacking in some form or fashion as well. From what I understand of this new Banking and App transfer thing, its to flag and crack down on hacked Pokemon, even the ones that pass MOST legitimacy checks but their PID's and such may or may not match up with, say, shininess. This is Nintendos best way of preventing hacked Pokemon when they host the new X/Y format for the upcoming competitive season.

+ For competitive players- Every division STILL does not have to pay an entry fee for the Video Games, yet the Masters in the TCG do! Charging everyone who wants cloud storage 5-15 bucks a YEAR is kind of a smart way to cater to both collectors and to batttelers. Do you REALLY want to store multiple teams, spreads etc. all on one cart? Server costs may be a non-issue for Nintendo, but this is kind of a ninja way of getting competitive players to pay a "fee" (of course there's no real fee to enter VGC but given the lure of storing teams off your cartridge especially when you're mass breeding? yes please)

+ Other big gaming companies not only charge you for a game, but give you DLC you need to complete the game and/or to get better endings. Some even have subscription fees. Nintendo will offer a FREE TRIAL PERIOD, in which case afterwards you can pay to continue using the service. Their DLC is usually fair and not heavy handed. This is a yearly subscription fee. YEARLY. And how much money do you think they bled offering a free DW for as long as they did? By the way, the Cloud service is not a necessary part of the game-its essentially an online Pokemon Box (from the R/S era) just not in console form and probably storing waaaaayyy more Pokemon. Why make a console version as a stand alone that not that many people would buy but a few hard core players and spend money coding that and only get maybe 20-25 bucks a pop with no returns when you can collect a 5-15 buck fee across the board and keep getting potential returns on it?

I hope megablastoise gets some better pulse moves for his own good.

If all megacharizard gets is a sp atk increase... He's no more useful than he ever was. He gets drought which is cool, but that doesn't help his case when it comes to survivability.

Megavenusaur is pretty good, only having two weaknesses and more bulk can easily make him an A-class threat.

I hope corocoro reveals orot and the mysterious quadruped

The new Pokémon is, in my eyes, no relation whatsoever to Absol. Does anyone have a screencap of the animé trailer image?

Back