(1) Worlds 2013 'Champions Festival' Promo [8/9]

I should have known that Bidoof would be involved.

BRB, mocking my Canadian friend mercilessly and blaming him for this.

To be fair, it's actually a half-decent stadium for general use. Better than Pokemon Center and Battle City, at least. >.<

Only one thing surprises me here: it's not named 'Tropical' something. Is it just because Vancouver isn't tropical, or what?
Also, I know people may disagree with me on this, but I honestly think this is worse than Pokemon Center. This is not a spread format.

It seems fun, but I really don't see it being used for competitive play. Healing 10 damage really isn't going to keep any pokemon alive much longer.

Omg!!! I want that card sooooo bad. Bidoof is my favorite Pokémon. If anyone gets it and doesn't want it, ill gladly trade for it.

Hmm. Not sure what to think about the card. If anyone still wants to make a Reuniclus deck, now is your chance. If you're going to worlds, and expect a lot of Darkrai, and I mean a lot of Darkrai, I might play it. After Worlds, Darkrai will probably fall hard in playability, due to the lack of Energy Switch. I think it's about the right playability for a Worlds Promo. Not too great, but has a chance of being played some day. Even though I don't like how good Tropical Beach is, I think Worlds Promo's should be at least somewhat playable.

I really wish I were able to at least attend, I might actually collect this years World's merchandise at some point in the future. I also hope that due to its low playability, it might sell cheaper than Trop. Beaches.

Fraxureking said:
Not Beach? Cool. Not that good? Not so cool.

Hey, be careful what you wish for! Remember: Tropical Beach was/is a Playable , World Championship Exclusive card and thus the Pokemon TCG economy dictated its value. And for those of you not familiar of Tropical Beach's value, it can easily range from $100 to $400 (maybe more) depending on its condition, year and version. As a long time TCG player, I am glad that this card isn't too desirable among TCG players just for the sake of having to spend less money on good cards.

I figured that they weren't going to reprint Tropical Beach again because Vancouver isn't very tropical. Yet, the artwork for Champion's Festival does look pretty nice, and the card itself has potential if we ever have a spread format again, but that's probably not going to happen for a while.

As for the merchandise, they all look pretty good. That dice bag is a great new addition, and the competitor's shirt looks really nice. The navy coloring+the semi colored Pikachu logo are a nice combination. Hopefully, I'll get my hands on the shirt and the dice bag if both/either pop up online.

The interesting thing to me is that it's BW95. Kind of evidence against the BW TCG era ending this year unless they plan on spamming ten promos back to back before November.

There's a binder on Ebay already. I was hoping the cover would be like the right side of the playment, but it's just the Pikachu.

Kind of glad it wasn't Tropical Beach. It might not be playable, but it has some nice artwork.

not getting my passport on time isn't so bad knowing this, this ain't no tropical beach. and I wont sell like one either. In fact bidoof cancels out any worlds exclusive allure that would have raised prize

I am glad they didn't do tropical beach again. I personally believe that having a card that was that exclusive and powerful and only giving away at world's was a horrible idea. It seems that Pokémon is trying to cut out the middle man and give us good cards at a cheaper rate Pokémon catcher in theme decks. Promo of the good ex's tins. I think it's only good for the game.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Does anybody know if this is holographic? The photo looks like it isn't

The lettering in the picture might be, but generally these are not holographic.

DNA said:
Only one thing surprises me here: it's not named 'Tropical' something. Is it just because Vancouver isn't tropical, or what?
Also, I know people may disagree with me on this, but I honestly think this is worse than Pokemon Center. This is not a spread format.

Vancouver could be described as Western Canada's Baltimore (at least from my research.) No, it's not tropical, but it is along the Pacific Ocean.
Unless someone's playing a Cradily Reuniclus Tank deck or something in that same vein, I don't see the stadium being really playable, at least in the upcoming months.

Back