(1) Trainer Cards Colress and Poison Hypnotic Beam Revealed from 'Plasma Gale' [9/1]

Wow these cards are powerful. These can do some serious damage within just the first few turns. I like the fact that the 2nd card can do 2 special conditions. Sweet XD.:)

Wait a moment, I thought we weren't using PONT in order to slow down the format. What's this about an easy 8-card shuffle-draw, max 10? This *might* answer the question on which supporters to use--as for me, 4-N, 4-Juniper, 4-Colress. Done.

I'm gone for only a short bit, and this is what I've missed.

xxashxx said:
Wow these cards are powerful. These can do some serious damage within just the first few turns. I like the fact that the 2nd card can do 2 special conditions. Sweet XD.:)

yeah, ninetails/Amoongus just got the ability to hit for 120-170 damage per turn based off a coin flip. This isn't even including poison damage (which can be enhanced via Virbank City Gym) I know what I'm playing for Cities/States :p

With these 2 cards in play I bet even poisoned and burned would do a whole lot more while aaleep plus not to mention these cards kill abilities too. That adds even more power to anyone's deck XD.:)

xxashxx said:
With these 2 cards in play I bet even poisoned and burned would do a whole lot more while aaleep plus not to mention these cards kill abilities too. That adds even more power to anyone's deck XD.:)

Actually, abilities don't stop working when you have a Special Condition on your pokémon. I think your confusing Poké-Powers with Abilities :p

arcaninesprite1 said:
i say: Raticate
... ...
... ...
Whoa. If Raticate didn't only have 60 HP and a super-costly attack, it would now be feasible due to the Sleep Poison Beam.

^ I wouldn't call [C][C][C] a super costly attack since you can attack T2 Using DCE, Emboar, or Blastoise... :| 90hp isn't that much of a step up from 60hp (outside of avoiding Thundurus/tornadus ko's) Also you can search it out with level ball, and you're forcing them to take 6 prizes while you can get cheap EX kills...

Emboar and blastoise are too fat.
Using Tornadus EX as a starter to wipe basic Pokemons and have 4 raticates with exp shares and powered by dces. I think we got a new meta breaker deck right there.

The problem with that is you need to get 3 more Energy each time you want to power up another Raticate. Can you guarantee you will draw into another DCE each turn? Without some form of energy acceleration, it's not going to work.

Infinity said:
Eelektrik?

Yeah. That's what it will be probably paired with. Maybe a few Rescue Scarfs so you can keep streaming them?
Anyway, Poison Hypnotic Beam is a very useful card. And Colress is just what we needed. Farewell PONT, your successor won't let you down. Rest in peace :p

Infinity said:
Cept it kinda sucks early game when you shuffle your hand into your deck and draw 0 cards.

Well actually, it would be 2 at the least, but yes, that would suck. :p

Does anyone else really, really want to play Raticate now?

Brave Vesperia said:
Well actually, it would be 2 at the least, but yes, that would suck. :p
Achroma only counts Benched Pokemon - therefore it's 0 at the least and 10 at the most.

Raticate + poison hypnotic beam would work well with Eels, but I don't think the fat Blastoise/Emboar is out of the question, after all we technically have 8 switches with escape rope so catcher stalling isn't as bad anymore (although escape rope can be counterproductive)...

Back