(1) Top X System Ditched for Next Year's Worlds Invites [8/21]

YES
SO
MUCH
YES

FINALLY! I hated how everyone would just travel everywhere and get 100 CP points. Faith in life is restored.

I thought the system was always a cutoff system, as of...well, I think 1 or 2 years ago. Welp, shows how much I care or pay attention to OP.

Oh man, this is awesome news! Really glad to see this kind of change. I didn't have any huge problems with how things were previously but this is definitely even better. Now all of the greatest players will have a good shot at being able to make it to Worlds without having to fight eachother for it. And even for the less known players, trying to prove themselves this year just got a bit easier if I'm not mistaken.

This is actually a really good idea. It takes a lot of pressure off of people who are serious about getting invites. They won't have to travel to all of those Regionals, and BRs and such.

This is fantastic! For a first year master and having some extra CP from worlds this is great news. If they do this right more players will get invites which means a top32!

If the cutoff ends up being like 50+ and everything else stays the same, then they really haven't fixed anything, especially if it's the same for every nation, but even so this has the potential to be a great change.

Obviously CP. If it was P!P, bad players could go to many events and get the invite.

This was a great idea. Not only is it fair to people who bubbled the invite last year, but now people won't this year.

Good Idea they got here! :D

I predict the cut off will be around 55+ points. Not too extreme like 70 but reasonable. If it was 45+, Worlds would be overcrowded. A LOT of people got in the 40s his year...

I think the cutoff should be 50 or 52. I'm very happy to read this! I'm going to more tournaments this year, so I may get an invite! (let's just hope I can do well enough)

Yesssss! Now, even if I can't get the invite by winning nats or something I can at least get there with CP.

I like this idea. I was planning to go all out this year and try to get to worlds, and this just made my life less stressfull. Now I just need to get a passport.

venasour x said:
Now I just need to get a passport.
>_<
I totally forgot I needed to do that. Welp, that just made my likelihood at Worlds drop way down. (I let my passports expire because I had no intention of travelling out of the country.)

World invites are now easier to obtain than ever, if the cut off turns out to be something like 50 CP, all you have to do is win 3 CC, 2 States, regs, and a couple BR's and you should have more than 50 (I think). Much easier than having to do that + more. Undoubtedly this will help many people, and will increase the attendance at worlds. However I STILL can't go to worlds even with a normal invite, so I don't really care at all about CP's this year :p lol

Back