(1) The EX’s, Ultra Rares, and Trainers of BW8 ‘Spiral Force’ and ‘Thunder Knuckle’ [12/12]

Man this looks to be an awesome movie if there is going to be a shiny Genesect. Culd we have a shiny Genesect event when it comes out? I predict an event because when they have someting good like this usually an event to tie it up usually happens. To add on to the movie will we see anything other than the Shiny Genesect? Also liked the cards in the previous post XD.:)

Heatran EX just miiiiight be playable with Dusknoir, just gotta set up some damage on their side of the field and then adjust accordingly to OHKO everything with his 2nd move. First move I can't really think of anything, sure it's great if he gets hit by PHB but no one will actually hit him with it.

Ooooh, yay, I've been waiting for us to get some more BW8 leaks, especially since the set is coming out in a couple days.

Love the Lati@s cards and FA Juniper. The shinies don't look as great this time around, but I'm willing to withhold judgment until we get better scans.

Unfortunately, my booster boxes will probably arrive while I'm gone on vacation, but at least I'll have something to look forward to when I get back.

Hoping for Lati@s and Juniper
Will probably get spammed to death by tonnes of Tornadus cards, if my previous luck holds.

I knew that Heatran and the Lati twins would be EX's in this set. Don't know when I posted this. LatiasEX/DeoxysEX/MewtwoEX BDIF. Latios/Blastoise can be OK with energy retrieval. FAs are awesome this time. the problem with Heatran is its high attack cost and it doesn't have any good energy accel (not counting pokédex/ether and colress machine). Pumice stone is a really good card. Latias can't attack Latias! So sad that Latias has only 160HP (below average HP of EXs). Tornadus EX first attack is the same as Cleffa's though Cleffa could stop being damaged and had a 0 retreat and attack cost. The only thing better than Cleffa on Tornadus EX is the higher HP. Super Energy Retrieval might see some play.

hmmm. I wasn't expecting Tornadus-T EX... sure, it was the only one whose the EX card was in Incarnate forme instead of Therian Forme and so I wondered if they would make at least a non-EX Tornadus-T card... Now I expect EX cards for Incarnate formes of Thundurus and Landorus, otherwise, it's not fair (so many Tornadus cards, they should have definitely made a Suicune-EX instead of Tornadus back then, in Dark Rush). And, of course, it had to be Plasma. Also, if they're making EXs for different formes, I still have hope for an Origin Forme Giratina EX...
Other than that, I like the artworks (both regular and full arts), the choice of EXs is nice too (other than Tornadus), but poor Heatran doesn't seem very good. The only use I see for Latios is to OHKO a Black Kyurem-EX w/ a Crystal Wall, honestly. I also fail to see why Latias is so good, okay it isn't damaged by pokémon with abilities but its attack is pretty meh. Garchomp can easily get rid of her...
As for shinies, Garchomp is one of the worst shiny pokémon, but since the card itself is good, I understand the choice. The same for the others.

Somehow I expected the Eon twins... Any idea how to run Latios EX? I really like it. As for Latias, it will function perfectly well as a tech against (look out metagame deck players) Darkrai/Hydreigon, Keldeo EX/Blastoise and Klinklang, though it will struggle much against Eelektrik and FluffyChomp. Altaria might work well with Latias but I can't really confirm this. All in all though I'm definitely looking forward to BW8 English release. My focus is definitely on Latias.

latias ex

Ability: Shining Feathers
This Pokemon is unaffected by moves from a Pokemon that has an Ability.

R.I.P quad sigilyph

Latios may work with Blastoise. You would need a {P} and 2{W} per turn. Energy Retieval may work. Also Pokedex/Ether may help it too. Latias will work with Deoxys EX and Mewtwo EX IMO. Be careful with sigilyph as it would be an 100% EX deck. For it tech in sigilyph as it uses psychic.

Latias vs Sigilyph. I don't want to be there. Does anyone know what will be the rotation in Japan this time?

Flygon2071 said:
Latias can't attack Latias!

Actually I believe the attack bypasses the ability. On topic I 'm really liking these EXs, the art work is great. I'm not liking that we are getting another Tornadus EX when we still don't have some of the other Gen Pokes.

hammer time! said:
latias ex

R.I.P quad sigilyph

Latias still can't attack sigilyph. It's unaffected by sigilyphs attacks but not his ability.

carlvito said:
hammer time! said:
latias ex

R.I.P quad sigilyph

Latias still can't attack sigilyph. It's unaffected by sigilyphs attacks but not his ability.

Latias's attack is just like Giratina's attack it bypasses effects on that pokemon, thus Sigilyph can be attacked by Latias.

DeepSleepDarkrai said:
Latias's attack is just like Giratina's attack it bypasses effects on that pokemon, thus Sigilyph can be attacked by Latias.
^

I like how people completely ignore her attack.
I also like that Latias EX, despite being the female of the duo, has an attack named "Penetrate".
Even now I am still laughing in my head about it.

YEY! Finally FA Ghetsis! <3 Gotta say I like all the exes, I'm not a big fan of the shinies thought. Shiny catcher was cool, but the other ones are just lame. I don't mind the FA supporter thought, some of them (Like Skyla, N and Ghetsis) are really awsome, and the rest are great trade bait I guess :p

1. I can finally run a full FA supporter line.

2. Latias is going to be good... if I read the ability right it basically reads "Keldeo, darkrai, hydreigon, sigilyph, and any other potential threat to you with an ability cannot attack latias." so that's pretty cool :D

I'm beginning to get really excited for our spring set...

Wow. This set just might change everything. Latias EX is gonna be out-of-this-world awesome, (and in turn will cause Latias EX wars itself because of its Ability), and people are going to pay ridiculous amounts of money to run a super-shiny Trainer line. While Latias will see lots of play, it is still susceptible to Landorus EX and Terrakion EX, so Fighting.dec will still be around. I'm sure RayEels will be popular as well to counter Latias. I see Heatran EX, that Poison Ray Gun thing, and Crobat maybe becoming a deck, but this is still all speculation.

I read Latias more like:
Just beware Mewtwo (if it isn't rotated), Terrakion, Landorus, maybe Articuno and Garchomp Rayquaza. This is the BCIF.

This is about to make me do a Latias/Deoxys/Mewtwo. Deoxys nor Lugia can attack you and they are pretty much powerful.

the thing I love about latias though, is that it isn't weak to psychic, so if we could just find a way to add 20+ damage to her attack (Rocky Helmet or aerodactly perhaps?) then she could 2hko every pokemon in the format! (with the exception of Black Kyurem EX and Aspertia boosted EX's)

Infinity said:
Are you implying that Hooligans isn't playable?

Yes. Hooligans isn't playable. Pooka using it only proved that he could waste an hour of people's lives by stalling the whole game into a certain situation where one Hooligans heads would (maybe) win him the game.
Hey, it's true.

Back