(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
moonlightning said:
Reggie McGigas said:
That's not exactly true. I made a list of ways you could play a game blind without not doing Pokemon.

1. Move to the TCG until the game releases.

2. Stay on the Gen 5 fourms of Pokebeach or whatever you are posting at.

3. Talk to an irl friend about Pokemon, but tell them to not spoil anything.

Everyone has their own opinions, and it is WPM's choice to post them or not. He must be under alot of pressure now, but I will say it again; I will roll with his desicion whenever he posts them or not.

People in the gen 5 forums will still put leaked Pokemon and trainers in their signatures. Whatever, it doesn't really matter. We have no control over what WPM does. I always thought most people would have wanted to be "the one" who gave everyone all the information they ever wanted. Also as a fan myself I wouldn't like sitting on so much information and not sharing it with others who would love to hear about it.

I am really surprised the amount of people who don't want any news though. It's been so slow up until now. Of course, I'm not trying to convince you to view the leaks, I just want them for myself and my friends so we can talk about them!

P.DelSlayer said:
So, you want a ton of spoilers now...
What about whenever new information is promised? There is more fun in speculating about what a silhoutte could be with other people, than just looking at the list and saying 'oh, its gonna be this new Pokemon' every time.
Knowing everything about the game would be boring, just like 'Oh look, my Chespin levelled up, in 2 more levels it will learn Razor Leaf', when playing through the game for the first time, rather than 'I wonder when Chespin will learn a new move?!'.
And you're grumpy it's not being revealed now... That's more selfish than WPM not revealing any of it at all.

I guess the main Pokemon community I hang out with - Pokejungle - has a different philosophy on this matter. Information the the people, as fast as possible. Is it really that selfish of me to want spoilers that someone gave to WPM with the intention of him distributing them?

About what you said on the Gen 5 Fourms, they can have pictures of the pokemon. You might not know if it's fo reals (Marlon Pun Intended) or if it's a fakemon.

Also, there's a Pokebeach and Pokejungle? What's next, Pokedesert?

Reggie McGigas said:
moonlightning said:
People in the gen 5 forums will still put leaked Pokemon and trainers in their signatures. Whatever, it doesn't really matter. We have no control over what WPM does. I always thought most people would have wanted to be "the one" who gave everyone all the information they ever wanted. Also as a fan myself I wouldn't like sitting on so much information and not sharing it with others who would love to hear about it.

I am really surprised the amount of people who don't want any news though. It's been so slow up until now. Of course, I'm not trying to convince you to view the leaks, I just want them for myself and my friends so we can talk about them!

I guess the main Pokemon community I hang out with - Pokejungle - has a different philosophy on this matter. Information the the people, as fast as possible. Is it really that selfish of me to want spoilers that someone gave to WPM with the intention of him distributing them?

About what you said on the Gen 5 Fourms, they can have pictures of the pokemon. You might not know if it's fo reals (Marlon Pun Intended) or if it's a fakemon.

Also, there's a Pokebeach and Pokejungle? What's next, Pokedesert?

Pokegravy.

moonlightning said:
P.DelSlayer said:
So, you want a ton of spoilers now...
What about whenever new information is promised? There is more fun in speculating about what a silhoutte could be with other people, than just looking at the list and saying 'oh, its gonna be this new Pokemon' every time.
Knowing everything about the game would be boring, just like 'Oh look, my Chespin levelled up, in 2 more levels it will learn Razor Leaf', when playing through the game for the first time, rather than 'I wonder when Chespin will learn a new move?!'.
And you're grumpy it's not being revealed now... That's more selfish than WPM not revealing any of it at all.

Cody Gordon said:
Isn't it also selfish to think that your opinion on what should be done is better than anyone else's? I'm not being mean, just trying to look at both sides.

I understand that some people don't want to be spoiled. I also understand that some people would like to know. Both sides are inherently selfish.

frezgle said:
It's not that we don't want any news (trust me, I was SUPER hyped this week when I first saw the four new Pokemon and everything else that came with them), it's that we don't want so much of the game told to us so early, before we even get a chance to play it. And as P. Del Slayer said, speculating with other fans is fun - just look at how many "What type is Sylveon?!" threads there've been.

Oh for sure. Sylveon's type IMO has been dragged along too long, Sure WPM says it's fairy but I would really like some supporting evidence to back it up.
Supporting evidence... wut? pretty much all the stuff we've seen on Sylvie has been evidence in some way of a Fairy type.
Sylveon's name in every language has something to do with fairies (sylph=air elemental/spirit, nymph=a fairy like creature, fee=fairy itself).
If we got some confirmation that Sylveon would be an existing type, then I'd probably say Normal. But, since its type has been so hyped up and kept secret, I think if they revealed it to be an existing type it would just be... bleh. Months of secrecy for nothing. It's come so far now that I think the only real explanation as to why its type is secret is because it is a new Fairy type.
also, its psychedelic thing where it made the sky go all sparkles and pretty.
Currently, the only types we'd associate with those things would be Ghost and Psychic. HOWEVER, Espeon exists, which means Psychic type is an impossibility. So, one would assume it would be a Ghost ability, which would be great if it weren't for some reasons.
-Sylveon has no supernatural or spectral qualities that one would expect from a Ghost type Eeveelution.
-Its name has no relation to Ghosts whatsoever.
The sky-glowy psychedelicness could be the sort of illusion a fairy would conjure up.
Plus, what better way to introduce a new type than with an Eeveelution?
It's just too fairylike in appearance, and with all the points above, to be anything but a Fairy type. (or a heavily-fairy based Normal type)

also, to the thing on selfishness
I never claimed my opinion in any way was better. Heck, in one post I said I wouldn't mind spoilers as long as they don't give too much away, and were released in a reasonable pace.
eg. I'd much rather find out about 10 or so new Pokemon over the course of a couple of months, rather than have 30 or so shoved in my face at once.
It means that we have something for the people who want spoilers, yet at the same time we still have enough to keep speculation high.

P.DelSlayer said:
moonlightning said:
Oh for sure. Sylveon's type IMO has been dragged along too long, Sure WPM says it's fairy but I would really like some supporting evidence to back it up.
Supporting evidence... wut? pretty much all the stuff we've seen on Sylvie has been evidence in some way of a Fairy type.
Sylveon's name in every language has something to do with fairies (sylph=air elemental/spirit, nymph=a fairy like creature, fee=fairy itself).
If we got some confirmation that Sylveon would be an existing type, then I'd probably say Normal. But, since its type has been so hyped up and kept secret, I think if they revealed it to be an existing type it would just be... bleh. Months of secrecy for nothing. It's come so far now that I think the only real explanation as to why its type is secret is because it is a new Fairy type.
also, its psychedelic thing where it made the sky go all sparkles and pretty.
Currently, the only types we'd associate with those things would be Ghost and Psychic. HOWEVER, Espeon exists, which means Psychic type is an impossibility. So, one would assume it would be a Ghost ability, which would be great if it weren't for some reasons.
-Sylveon has no supernatural or spectral qualities that one would expect from a Ghost type Eeveelution.
-Its name has no relation to Ghosts whatsoever.
The sky-glowy psychedelicness could be the sort of illusion a fairy would conjure up.
Plus, what better way to introduce a new type than with an Eeveelution?
It's just too fairylike in appearance, and with all the points above, to be anything but a Fairy type. (or a heavily-fairy based Normal type)

also, to the thing on selfishness
I never claimed my opinion in any way was better. Heck, in one post I said I wouldn't mind spoilers as long as they don't give too much away, and were released in a reasonable pace.
eg. I'd much rather find out about 10 or so new Pokemon over the course of a couple of months, rather than have 30 or so shoved in my face at once.
It means that we have something for the people who want spoilers, yet at the same time we still have enough to keep speculation high.

Sorry I was referring to this

"There is more fun in speculating about what a silhoutte could be with other people, than just looking at the list and saying 'oh, its gonna be this new Pokemon' every time."

It just seemed like you were saying that your opinion is better.

However, I would agree to that compromise, a few tidbits every few days. Just as long as we get the info before an official release.

This is what I think WPM should do....

Despite the fact that I really really would love to know the information that he holds, I think doing something like revealing only 1-3 things a week would be a fantastic idea. This way we won't be "thirsty" for news for soooo long like we have been in February-April, basically. This will make up for the news-less Pokémon Smash episodes and it'll resolve the problem of revealing everything at once, too.

Also, when CoroCoro comes around then our "news" for the week would be whatever the magazine brings, and WPM won't have to "leak" anything to us for the CoroCoro leak/release week because we'll already have new information to discuss.

PokemonFreak44 said:
This is what I think WPM should do....

Despite the fact that I really really would love to know the information that he holds, I think doing something like revealing only 1-3 things a week would be a fantastic idea. This way we won't be "thirsty" for news for soooo long like we have been in February-April, basically. This will make up for the news-less Pokémon Smash episodes and it'll resolve the problem of revealing everything at once, too.

Also, when CoroCoro comes around then our "news" for the week would be whatever the magazine brings, and WPM won't have to "leak" anything to us for the CoroCoro leak/release week because we'll already have new information to discuss.

I would totally be ok with this solution.

No, what I was trying to imply was that if a that actually happened, it would be more fun as a community to speculate, rather than immediately saying 'this bird will be a peacock Pokemon'.
If we got a reasonable amount leaked in a reasonable time period, it would suit everyone. It means that people who want to play blind the first time wouldn't have to avoid the entire X/Y forum due to spoilers, even if they wanted to speculate with everyone else.

P.DelSlayer said:
No, what I was trying to imply was that if a that actually happened, it would be more fun as a community to speculate, rather than immediately saying 'this bird will be a peacock Pokemon'.
If we got a reasonable amount leaked in a reasonable time period, it would suit everyone. It means that people who want to play blind the first time wouldn't have to avoid the entire X/Y forum due to spoilers, even if they wanted to speculate with everyone else.

I agree, now lets find WPM and let him know the public has made the decision for him lol. Just kidding.

Ok. WPM. Can you at least tell us if these details are totally awesome? Or are they pretty underwhelming? Somewhere in the middle? I'm dying to know!

Ok, I'm going to attempt to address all points of views from each side.

Pros If WPM released the information all at once or in doses doesnt matter here
1) Pokebeach will get an influx of new visitors and its popularity will increase (not sure if WPM cares much about popularity)
2) WPM will get +1 respect from many members because he is the "Messiah" of Gen 6 and has juicy info that no other site has.
3) Pokebeach will be ripe with discussion about the new information and it will satisfy those who wanted to be spoiled.
4) This will bring the spoilers closer in line to what we have been expecting since a few generations ago and there will be less dry periods.

Cons
1) No matter how you look at it, WPM is not going to help patch his shaky history with Pokemon for stealing their thunder.
2) Pokebeach may lose some of its members for a short period of time (or maybe forever if they feel betrayed).
3) Those who dont want to be spoiled will no longer be able to be active in discussion of the new games.

So by looking at both sides, you can see there are people that are going to benefit and people that are going to be upset. There are a few things that need to be set straight here though. First, no one is entitled to know any information besides that which will be released officially. WPM doesnt owe anyone any information regardless of if you believe that he is being selfish. Second, no one knows for sure if this information will be or has been leaked to ANYONE other than WPM, so there is a chance that if he does not post it here, we will not see it anywhere. Third, (this is a personal opinion) Gamefreak, Nintendo, Pokemon whatever is the only one who should be in charge of revealing information. This is their game, this is their marketing strategy and we should respect it and let them do what they want. In the end, we are going to get the games and we will eventually find out.

Lastly, and this is important, WPM will make his own decision. Please, please, PLEASE have some patience and and be happy with the information we have now. We can still speculate what he knows or what we think we might see in the games. We dont need hints, we dont need clues and we dont need to play a game to get it out of him. My girlfriend constantly asks for hints and clues about when I'm going to propose and where and all the stupid little details and it gets frustrating.

So, in closing... Take a good hard look at both sides. It is not fair to a number of people who want to be surprised for many reasons. It is fair to everyone if no information is leaked, however. Everyone will always pull the "well the world isn't fair" only when they are on the benefiting side. So lets just try to keep the world fair here and not reveal anything to anyone.

evilpacman said:

1) Pokebeach will get an influx of new visitors and its popularity will increase (not sure if WPM cares much about popularity)
2) WPM will get +1 respect from many members because he is the "Messiah" of Gen 6 and has juicy info that no other site has.
3) Pokebeach will be ripe with discussion about the new information and it will satisfy those who wanted to be spoiled.
4) This will bring the spoilers closer in line to what we have been expecting since a few generations ago and there will be less dry periods.

Cons
1) No matter how you look at it, WPM is not going to help patch his shaky history with Pokemon for stealing their thunder.
2) Pokebeach may lose some of its members for a short period of time (or maybe forever if they feel betrayed).
3) Those who dont want to be spoiled will no longer be able to be active in discussion of the new games.

So by looking at both sides, you can see there are people that are going to benefit and people that are going to be upset. There are a few things that need to be set straight here though. First, no one is entitled to know any information besides that which will be released officially. WPM doesnt owe anyone any information regardless of if you believe that he is being selfish. Second, no one knows for sure if this information will be or has been leaked to ANYONE other than WPM, so there is a chance that if he does not post it here, we will not see it anywhere. Third, (this is a personal opinion) Gamefreak, Nintendo, Pokemon whatever is the only one who should be in charge of revealing information. This is their game, this is their marketing strategy and we should respect it and let them do what they want. In the end, we are going to get the games and we will eventually find out.

Lastly, and this is important, WPM will make his own decision. I strongly urge him not to post the information. Please, please, PLEASE have some patience and and be happy with the information we have now. We can still speculate what he knows or what we think we might see in the games. We dont need hints, we dont need clues and we dont need to play a game to get it out of him. My girlfriend constantly asks for hints and clues about when I'm going to propose and where and all the stupid little details and it gets frustrating.

So, in closing... Take a good hard look at both sides. It is not fair to a number of people who want to be surprised for many reasons. It is fair to everyone if no information is leaked, however. Everyone will always pull the "well the world isn't fair" only when they are on the benefiting side. So lets just try to keep the world fair here and not reveal anything to anyone.

Did you just counter argue yourself?

I actually hope for WPM to reveal some information only if we have another 2 month drought of info. In my opinion X and Y has revealed the least info at the point before corocoro was leaked. Corocoro revealed a ton of info, plus we will have pokemon smash in a couple of days. However, it's WPM's desicion and i'm fine whatever he does.

Anyways, did anyone notice this

The source said the panda pokemon's name would be 'panchum'
pokemon says the panda pokemon's name is 'pancham'

so.. the source got some of the names right but not all. What's going on?

Reggie McGigas said:
evilpacman said:

Cons

Lastly, and this is important, WPM will make his own decision. I strongly urge him not to post the information. Please, please, PLEASE have some patience and and be happy with the information we have now. We can still speculate what he knows or what we think we might see in the games. We dont need hints, we dont need clues and we dont need to play a game to get it out of him. My girlfriend constantly asks for hints and clues about when I'm going to propose and where and all the stupid little details and it gets frustrating.

Did you just counter argue yourself?

I actually hope for WPM to reveal some information only if we have another 2 month drought of info. In my opinion X and Y has revealed the least info at the point before corocoro was leaked. Corocoro revealed a ton of info, plus we will have pokemon smash in a couple of days. However, it's WPM's desicion and i'm fine whatever he does.

I guess thats not what I meant. I should have said I strongly hope he doesnt release them. Saying urge makes it look like I'm asking him to conform his decision to what I want. Like you said, that sounds contradictory. I'll remove it lol

Edit: actually since the name was slightly off, that might mean that the sources info had changed since when he leaked it to WPM. The source may have known the names of many Pokemon since February but maybe some underwent a change. That could mean that Ice type was given a Fairy weakness too.

OR, he just spelt it incorrectly by mistake lol

Reggie McGigas said:

If you recall, the source said that he was going off of memory.

Alix Rooker said:
Reggie McGigas said:

Oh, I did not see this. But then why would he tell WPM two days ago?

hold on what makes you think that only WPM got the news and not other sites and theyre keeping it a secret?
for all we know pokexperto or Hiro could have sent the E-mail?

Reggie McGigas said:
Alix Rooker said:

Once again, if you recall, the source sent him the localisations of many of the new Pokemon back in February.
As the other person said, it is quite possible that a few underwent a few small, insignificant changes to their names. I mean, is an "A", instead of a "U" really that big of a difference?
To say that his information is possibly wrong, simply because of one letter is kind of stupid. It could easily have been a typing error.

m7mad133 said:
hold on what makes you think that only WPM got the news and not other sites and theyre keeping it a secret?
It's quite possible.
It's also possible that Serebii has the information as well, as they are the other big site to reveal new information, but is just keeping it a secret, as WPM did for so long.
Tho Serebii has made no indication that they too have the info, it's not necessarily correct to rule out the idea that they don't.

We should wait for Pokemon Smash to air before any beans are spilled. I mean, the information they're deciding to give could be similar, if not the same as what WPM has...

Also, I would like to guess that Xerneas and Yveltal's types are strongly represented in the game cases, and guess that Xerneas will be Fairy/Grass and that Yveltal will be Dark/Flying. The typings makes a lot of sense from a balance point of view, since they'd each have one type with an edge over the other...

I can't wait for whatever decision comes about. If WPM releases new information, I'll be happy, if he doesn't I'll wait, I'm getting the game, and both versions too, regardless of how much info we get. I'm just glad that the whining about this game being on 3DS has died down, seriously, hearing people complain about that was making me want to slap someone.

Alix Rooker said:
Reggie McGigas said:
Once again, if you recall, the source sent him the localisations of many of the new Pokemon back in February.
As the other person said, it is quite possible that a few underwent a few small, insignificant changes to their names. I mean, is an "A", instead of a "U" really that big of a difference?
To say that his information is possibly wrong, simply because of one letter is kind of stupid. It could easily have been a typing error.

m7mad133 said:
It's quite possible.
It's also possible that Serebii has the information as well, as they are the other big site to reveal new information, but is just keeping it a secret, as WPM did for so long.
Tho Serebii has made no indication that they too have the info, it's not necessarily correct to rule out the idea that they don't.

Please do not call me stupid for pointing out an error. In fact, I'm quite the opposite!

Anyways, on the Gogoat pre-evolution rumor, I'm up for a pre-evolution. It hope it's true.

SuperArtNinja said:
We should wait for Pokemon Smash to air before any beans are spilled. I mean, the information they're deciding to give could be similar, if not the same as what WPM has...

Also, I would like to guess that Xerneas and Yveltal's types are strongly represented in the game cases, and guess that Xerneas will be Fairy/Grass and that Yveltal will be Dark/Flying. The typings makes a lot of sense from a balance point of view, since they'd each have one type with an edge over the other...

I can't wait for whatever decision comes about. If WPM releases new information, I'll be happy, if he doesn't I'll wait, I'm getting the game, and both versions too, regardless of how much info we get. I'm just glad that the whining about this game being on 3DS has died down, seriously, hearing people complain about that was making me want to slap someone.

I gotta agree with all of you except for one thing. Xerneas will not be fairy type(if it's even real), because having one as the brand new super hyped fairy type and another a boring old dark/flying pokemon. Plus, I can't really see what makes Xerneas a fairy type besides the glowing antlers.

Don't know if anyone else noticed this, but in the press release, in the picture of the Pokedex, if you zoom in, you can see Fennekin, Fletchling, and Zigzagoon. I wonder if that means Zigzagoon and Linoone will be available in the wild from the start ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back