(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Godot said:
Teal said:
Btw. Azelf/Mesprit/Uxie should be Psychic/Fairy.

As the Fairly OddParents taught me when I was younger, Pixies are not Fairies!
Haha this made me laugh. While I think that tampering with the types of legendaries is a rather bold move, the pixie trio has a decent case for getting fairy typing.

Jay said:
Haha this made me laugh. While I think that tampering with the types of legendaries is a rather bold move, the pixie trio has a decent case for getting fairy typing.

Personally, I don't like the idea of a fairy type, but I can agree with why it's necessary to have one. and yes my "american views" do put a negative connotation on what a fairy is, but I'm sure GF will change my mind if it is indeed, true.

I don't think they will tamper with pokemon that have dual types, but maybe add on to those with a single type like the Pixies, Togepi (not its evos), Claf(airy/able), etc. Celebi going from Grass/Psychic to Grass/Fairy is a big leap - a bit too big I suppose.

Yoyoman said:
Alix Rooker said:
I don't mean to sound rude whatsoever, but maybe you should think before you post, and not think that everything that you say is correct.
You seemed very arrogant in an earlier post when talking to Unsheathed.

They have tufts of white feathers on them possibly because they are based on birds that also have the same thing, save Emolga. Emolga is based on a flying squirrel, which normally ha tufts of white fur on its underbelly.

Also, I'm glad that you've finally been convinced that Fairy type is a strong possibility for this generation, even if you don't necessarily want it.

But who knows? Maybe an awesome Fairy type Pokemon will come out, and you'll like it, and have new respect for the type! :D

No I'm not but I can see where coming from I'm kinda new here:( sorry

That's alright. Just try to be a bit more pleasant when you post, alright?

btw, If they're going to reclassify some older pokémon as fairy-type and you guys seems to agree Milotic would be a good candidate, why not take that opportunity to correct a few other pokémon and change Gyarados to Water/Dragon (coughchangecharizardtodragontoocough). It would make the two sea serpents even more counterparts of each other than they already are...

Metalizard said:
btw, If they're going to reclassify some older pokémon as fairy-type and you guys seems to agree Milotic would be a good candidate, why not take that opportunity to correct a few other pokémon and change Gyarados to Water/Dragon (coughchangecharizardtodragontoocough). It would make the two sea serpents even more counterparts of each other than they already are...

Charizard was never intended to be a Dragon-type, Gyarados is the only Pokémon as of now that ended up with a different type than originally planned. Indeed, it will only make sense for Milotic to change type if Gyarados will be retyped as Water/Dragon. GameFreak had four generations of opportunities to do so, but did not do anything, therefore I doubt they will make it happen in this generation. (Thus lowering the chance of Milotic gaining the Fairy-type as well.)

Wasn't Gyarados given the Water/Flying type because Water/Dragon would have made it even more of a monstrosity? At least its current typing gives us something to reliably kill it with (Electric). Water/Flying makes sense in the context of its origin though, a Japanese legend about a karp that manages to leap over the Dragon Gate to become a dragon itself. ...This also gives just as much reason for a Dragon typing, but, again, balance.

I don't see Miltotic gaining the Fairy typing either way; it's based on a sea serpent or oarfish and Venus de Milo. Goddesses don't really scream "fairy" to me, fantastical as they are.

Gyarados being retyped to Dragon makes sense. It being Flying type, however, does not.
The only Flying-type move that it can learn is Bounce, and that wasn't even until Gen.V.
I say that this would be an excellent time for Gyarados to be re-typed into a Water/Dragon type.

Alix Rooker said:
Gyarados being retyped to Dragon makes sense. It being Flying type, however, does not.
The only Flying-type move that it can learn is Bounce, and that wasn't even until Gen.V.
I say that this would be an excellent time for Gyarados to be re-typed into a Water/Dragon type.

Man, if I saw a karp jump over a giant gate I would understandably assume it to be a flying karp. There is some credence to its current typing, and no substantial reason to change it after five generations. The only types that can reasonably be changed are those of a small handful of Pokemon that could get the Fairy type (if indeed it turns out to be real in the first place).

frezgle said:
Alix Rooker said:

Man, if I saw a karp jump over a giant gate I would understandably assume it to be a flying karp. There is some credence to its current typing, and no substantial reason to change it after five generations. The only types that can reasonably be changed are those of a small handful of Pokemon that could get the Fairy type (if indeed it turns out to be real in the first place).
Yes, but if one were to see such a spectacle, then one should assume that Magicarp is a Flying type, not Gyarados. There is no evidence to support why Gyarados is a Flying type, so why has it remained as such for 5 generations?
Why shouldn't it be retyped? Granted, because it has remained as such for so long, it most likely won't be retyped...
The bad thing is that Gyarados has a dual weakness to Electric type attacks. One could argue that Mantine does as well, but I can definitely see why Mantine is a flying type as well.

On a side note, I just nao learned what STAB is.

wait what...

I've always been sure Gyarados was Flying because

golden-week3.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koinobori

constantly open mouth anyone?

yeah no, Gyarados will stay what it is. Doesn't affect whether anything happens to Milotic though.

People often forget that type=/="kind of organism"
It just happens that these two go together in many cases (but there is plenty more anomalies in Dragon than Bug for example)
Types are a set of features and abilities, being able to control certain elements really well, or use specific techniques better than others.
Gamefreak decided, that Gyarados is a dragon that is not Dragon-type. It does not mean that it is not a "dragon", it just means it doesn't employ the Dragon-type better, which includes defensive features like fearing cold etc.
It can learn Dragon moves of course, but its not as good with them as Dragon-types.

It goes the same for the reverse.
There could easily be a freakin cat someday, which happens to be Dragon type. It won't be a dragon (and not in the Dragon egg-group), but it'll be good in fighting as one.
Dragon is a hard example for explaining this, because its so vague as to what it is about as an "element".

Honestly, I don't know why they even bother to create the Dragon-type if they don't make a logical use of it... (And you guys don't come with that "a lot of things on pokémon aren't logical" bs of an argument...)
The legend says the karps that passed through the gate would become dragons, which is what Gyarados looks like. It'd only make sense for it to be Dragon-type. Oh, and I'm only talking about Gyarados, I'm not even talking about Charizard so you people don't jump on me right away... I don't care if in Gen 1 it would be overpowered. We're not in Gen 1 anymore, they didn't have a problem making a Water/Dragon right in the following gen; Now there are ways to deal with a Water/Dragon Gyarados (specially with the introduction of Fairy), so why not? I really don't get why re-typing is such a sensitive subject in Pokémon, I seriously don't...

I agree with you that the "it would be OP" is a lame argument and probably not even the case.

But Gyarados IS a dragon. It just isnt Dragon type!

There is a difference between what kind of creature it is and what its abilities/weaknesses are.
Maybe it would be easier to understand this if Dragon type had a more vague name like "Mythic" or something.

Think of types as what they do on the type chart instead of as a description of the organism.

Heres a reason as to why Gyara isn't Dragon type.
-Carp leapt over the gate and became a Dragon (gyara)
-The dragon (gyara) abused its powers as a dragon, and so its dragon status was stripped from it (I think this is somewhere in the mythology). So its draconic appearance stays the same, except its draconic powers have been taken away from it.
-This could explain why gyara is always so angry, since its outraged that it's status as a dragon was stripped, and it wants it back.

But I do agree that Gyara could get Dragon.
however, Dragons in the Pokemon game are usually seen as being rare and taking a long time to raise until they are fully evolved. Magikarp is arguably one of the most common Pokemon, and it evolves at level 20. Imagine being able to get a Water/Dragon type that early on in the game. Scary. and Gyara isn't really seen as mythical in the games, the only regional dex it isn't in is unova (and thats only due to the fact that there are no new Pokemon in Unova)

Pokemon.com just confirmed the English names of the new pokemon. I think the rumors may be true.

WPM I registered just to say this to you. You are the messiah of Gen 6. You are here to change everything. Now.

Please leak.

Please.

I need your goodness.

Interesting to note that in the trailer, there seems to be non-grid diagonal movement in some places but maybe not others? Weird. After I just posted yesterday that they probably wouldn't do diagonal movement, too!
For some reason being able to sit on a bench makes me really happy.

frezgle said:
Interesting to note that in the trailer, there seems to be non-grid diagonal movement in some places but maybe not others? Weird. After I just posted yesterday that they probably wouldn't do diagonal movement, too!
For some reason being able to sit on a bench makes me really happy.

lol me too. The trailer is incredible.

Thank you WPM for sharing your information which turns out to be true !!! I'm so excited :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back