(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke said:
There is an easy way to prove if the guy is telling the truth.
Ask him any of the English names of the four new Pokémon. By the 19th we'll know the truth.

This is actually a really good idea... Has WPM seen this? He should do this.

Can you all stop arguing about fairy types? It hasn't even been confirmed. If it is confirmed later on then you'll just have to accept it. You won't change anything by arguing. Just let everyone have their own opinions.

Retro_on_theGo said:
Luke said:
There is an easy way to prove if the guy is telling the truth.
Ask him any of the English names of the four new Pokémon. By the 19th we'll know the truth.

This is actually a really good idea... Has WPM seen this? He should do this.

Translating comes long after a game is completed. The games will be released internationally in October. Chances are they aren't done yet, considering the little information we've gotten about them.

Reggie McGigas said:
evilpacman said:
I am hearing (reading?) you out. The problem is you are not acknowledging it as a possibility. Your opinion is justified that you dont like or want the type. But that doesnt make it any less useful or real. If they can make it work with the type chart, then there is really no reason to argue that it doesnt fit in with the types. Its already been explained numerous times why it has as much as a place in the Pokemon world as Dragon, Bug or Ghost type. Lastly, I think the argument that they would have done it already is poor. They could have done it doesnt translate to they would have done it. As far as I know, they have planned this for a while, but wanted to work things out just right so that it would fit nicely.

Well most of the 'faries' you guys want to be are in gens 1 and 2 (blissey, clefairy, togepi, granbull), so it would make more sense to implement it there.

Also on p.delslayer's role reverse of dragon/fairy types

what would happen to dragonite, dragonair, and bagon (Which rhymes with dragon for crying out loud)?

I'm just not going to post my opinion anymore as it seems the fairy fans will rage. I just don't think there should be a fairy type.

Your opinion is fine by me. You dont have to like it. But I want to point out that after doing some quick reading on fairy types, it seems like the Pokemon lines you listed dont have much in common with the traditional fairy other than a few of them having "fairy" in its name or description. Kinda interesting. In fact, this whole discussion has really opened my eyes on what a fairy can be. No longer will I ever totally associate fairy with being feminine :p

Giratina210 said:
Can you all stop arguing about fairy types? It hasn't even been confirmed. If it is confirmed later on then you'll just have to accept it. You won't change anything by arguing. Just let everyone have their own opinions.

Arguments are actually a good thing. As long as there is no personal attacking or opinions being treated as fact, then an argument about Fairy type is healthy and should be welcomed. Lets hear the opinions people!

Reggie McGigas said:
evilpacman said:
I am hearing (reading?) you out. The problem is you are not acknowledging it as a possibility. Your opinion is justified that you dont like or want the type. But that doesnt make it any less useful or real. If they can make it work with the type chart, then there is really no reason to argue that it doesnt fit in with the types. Its already been explained numerous times why it has as much as a place in the Pokemon world as Dragon, Bug or Ghost type. Lastly, I think the argument that they would have done it already is poor. They could have done it doesnt translate to they would have done it. As far as I know, they have planned this for a while, but wanted to work things out just right so that it would fit nicely.

Well most of the 'faries' you guys want to be are in gens 1 and 2 (blissey, clefairy, togepi, granbull), so it would make more sense to implement it there.

Also on p.delslayer's role reverse of dragon/fairy types

what would happen to dragonite, dragonair, and bagon (Which rhymes with dragon for crying out loud)?

I'm just not going to post my opinion anymore as it seems the fairy fans will rage. I just don't think there should be a fairy type.

They'd have elemental types that they are associated with (eg Water/Flying for Dragonite). And if the role reversal thing actually happened, how can we be sure those Dragon lines would actually exist in the first place? Who's to say that if a Fairy type happened in Gen.1 we'd have more Fairy lines than the ones that would change to fit in?

And your opinion, it just seems like you hate Fairy type for no other reason than you don't like the concept of it, which is perfectly fine, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but you also act like it will never happen just due to the fact that you don't like it, which isn't really a reason as to why it wouldn't be implemented.
(I'm repeating myself here): GameFreak will add anything they like in the game whether you like it or not. If they said that there will be around 10 Fire/Fighting lines in the game, they will still put them in even if the fans rage. I know I'd rage, but I'd still accept that they were putting it in the game, rather than mindlessly say 'this will never happen they're trolling us'.

Teal said:
Btw. Azelf/Mesprit/Uxie should be Psychic/Fairy.

That makes much sense and I would appreciate it , but I somehow doubt that the types of legendary Pokemon will be changed.

evilpacman said:
Giratina210 said:

Arguments are actually a good thing. As long as there is no personal attacking or opinions being treated as fact, then an argument about Fairy type is healthy and should be welcomed. Lets hear the opinions people!

I would like your post but it's not letting me.

This fairy type discussion is now really intresting now that I think about it, and people are bringing their own opinions to the board. I will agree on arguments are a good thing part, because I can kinda sorta see why people think there should be a fairy type. I admit I was wrong in not opening up to other's opinions.I still don't want there to be a fairy type, but I can understand why people want it now.

Another reason, although irrelevant, that I like Fairy type is due to one of my favorite Pokemon fitting into it.
CLEFABLE
I can imagine using my good 'ol Cleffable to wreck some Salamances and Garchomps.
Sound like a good scenario to me!

Teal said:
Btw. Azelf/Mesprit/Uxie should be Psychic/Fairy.

Nah, there's no reason for those legends to be retyped. They all represent aspects of the mind in their purpose and abilities, so it's natural that they'd be Psychic. There's not much else about them that warrants a retype besides their appearance.

If anything the only legends that should be retyped are Jirachi (because wishes are fairy-type things) and maybe Phione (to give it a purpose for existing) and Victini (luck association). The rest are fine as they are, I think.

yo.

its fine to hate the idea of a new type, fairy or otherwise. when dark and steel were shown to exist, a lot of people didn't like them for various reasons - some of which they still hold to this day. not everyone is going to like every type, and if something seems like it will break the current meta in half then competitive battlers will fear it too. there's a whole mixture of completely valid reasons to not like a new type and they're all understandable as long as you state them as your own opinion.

the trouble is in the way you word it. for example, Reggie, your post about the validity of the OP's speculation lists Fairy type as 0/10, even though there is evidence for a new type existing (Smash showed that Sylveon was weak to poison, only Grass is weak to poison, and Leafeon exists). Sylveon bares resemblance to a feminine, fairy-esque archetype Pokemon so as much as you hate it, the speculation holds some water. completely dismissing it as a possibility removes facts and just shows ignorance.

personally, i think a new type is a nice and welcome addition to the current meta. it would be nice if it were stronger against bug/steel or water rather than dragon, but what matters most is the moves the type gets. if the multi-type attack thing is true, then we could be looking at some deadly combinations vs some pokemon. fire type might even come back into OU!... nah, who am i kidding? :V regardless of what the new type is (if theres a new type since it hasn't been ~officially confirmed~ yet), it should be a good way to shake up everything - and this is the first Pokemon game on the 3DS, so now's a perfect time for that to happen.

edit: also, some speculation of my own - remember how clefairies came from the moon and whatnot? it'd be really fitting if that were the origin of the new type. in the original trailer for X/Y there was a landscape that looked very... out of this world. could it be the moon? it would also be the perfect place to find the Arceus' fairy plate and it could also have a place to bring eevee to evolve her into sylveon (similar to how you evolve her into leafeon/glaceon). but that's just me getting my hopes up! ((((((pls let this happen gamefreak tia))))))

They should have a really big Machamp-type thing that's Fighting/Fairy, that also holds a wand and has little pink wings. And a bow, of course. That would make my day. :p

Reggie McGigas said:
evilpacman said:

I would like your post but it's not letting me.

This fairy type discussion is now really intresting now that I think about it, and people are bringing their own opinions to the board. I will agree on arguments are a good thing part, because I can kinda sorta see why people think there should be a fairy type. I admit I was wrong in not opening up to other's opinions.I still don't want there to be a fairy type, but I can understand why people want it now.

I've been out of likes for the past 2 days and I dont remember liking more than 2 or 3 things this week.... Anyway, as long as we can listen to each others point of views and at least consider them, we dont have to see eye to eye. Personally, I understand why people dont want the type (or at least I think I understand) and I will admit that there is no real need for a new type. If they do add a new type and its able to be properly balanced and actually balance the type chart out a little more, then I dont see the wrong in it either. The one thing I will say in regards to balancing the types... I am all for giving some underpowered types an advantage or some overpowered types a disadvantage, but I dont really want to see the types to be equally balanced across the board. I think that the fact that we have some Pokemon that are really strong, and some that are weak and even some that have poor movepools is pretty nice. Sure, not everyone's favorite Pokemon can be a badass, but its realistic.

1st gen Pokemon could use a bit of an overhaul for their movepool though. Too many Pokemon that cant learn much else besides whatever type they happen to be.

ghosties said:
the trouble is in the way you word it. for example, Reggie, your post about the validity of the OP's speculation lists Fairy type as 0/10, even though there is evidence for a new type existing (Smash showed that Sylveon was weak to poison, only Grass is weak to poison, and Leafeon exists). Sylveon bares resemblance to a feminine, fairy-esque archetype Pokemon so as much as you hate it, the speculation holds some water. completely dismissing it as a possibility removes facts and just shows ignorance.

It's not just Sylveon's design, its that its name in every language is derived from faries/fairy like things. Sylphs, nymphs, heck its German name is the direct word for fairy!
And Smash pretty much gave us a high chance that it's a new type as well.
-Sylveon was implied to be strong against Ice (I don't know if this meant that it can damage Ice types without Ice resisting it, or it actually being SE on Ice)
-They decided to see if Sylveon was Steel type as a result of this, by testing her reaction to Poison type moves. Didn't turn out so well for poor old Sylvie. (not sure if this means it was SE on Sylveon, or merely just affected)

P.DelSlayer said:
ghosties said:

It's not just Sylveon's design, its that its name in every language is derived from faries/fairy like things. Sylphs, nymphs, heck its German name is the direct word for fairy!
And Smash pretty much gave us a high chance that it's a new type as well.
-Sylveon was implied to be strong against Ice (I don't know if this meant that it can damage Ice types without Ice resisting it, or it actually being SE on Ice)
-They decided to see if Sylveon was Steel type as a result of this, by testing her reaction to Poison type moves. Didn't turn out so well for poor old Sylvie. (not sure if this means it was SE on Sylveon, or merely just affected)
the problem i have with the 1x effectiveness thing is that they were testing how she handled each type, and just showing that she can damage it or takes damage by it at a base level doesn't really give any sort of hints. on top of that, based on how she handled poison, how would she handle it any more effectively? 2x weakness would have to literally kill her and i don't think they'd show that on a pokemon TV show.

there's also the theory where they changed type effectiveness on multiple types (including the one sylveon is) but... why would they show this off in an attempt to help us guess her type if they've just changed everything? idk, that whole argument seems a bit silly to me.

I wonder how this will affect the Eeveelutions? Wouldn't this make Sylveon the best Eeveelution, perhaps? If Fairy-type did come out...I don't think there would be any contest.

ghosties said:
yo.

its fine to hate the idea of a new type, fairy or otherwise. when dark and steel were shown to exist, a lot of people didn't like them for various reasons - some of which they still hold to this day. not everyone is going to like every type, and if something seems like it will break the current meta in half then competitive battlers will fear it too. there's a whole mixture of completely valid reasons to not like a new type and they're all understandable as long as you state them as your own opinion.

personally, i think a new type is a nice and welcome addition to the current meta. it would be nice if it were stronger against bug/steel or water rather than dragon, but what matters most is the moves the type gets. if the multi-type attack thing is true, then we could be looking at some deadly combinations vs some pokemon. fire type might even come back into OU!... nah, who am i kidding? :V regardless of what the new type is (if theres a new type since it hasn't been ~officially confirmed~ yet), it should be a good way to shake up everything - and this is the first Pokemon game on the 3DS, so now's a perfect time for that to happen.

edit: also, some speculation of my own - remember how clefairies came from the moon and whatnot? it'd be really fitting if that were the origin of the new type. in the original trailer for X/Y there was a landscape that looked very... out of this world. could it be the moon? it would also be the perfect place to find the Arceus' fairy plate and it could also have a place to bring eevee to evolve her into sylveon (similar to how you evolve her into leafeon/glaceon). but that's just me getting my hopes up! ((((((pls let this happen gamefreak tia))))))

yo.

I realized I was wrong a while before you posted this. I still think there shouldnt be a fairy type, but I can sorta understand why some people might want it. I was acting as if no one should like it.

Reggie McGigas said:
I realized I was wrong a while before you posted this. I still think there shouldnt be a fairy type, but I can sorta understand why some people might want it. I was acting as if no one should like it.

I like the idea that it would give us another type to combat Dragons. Hopefully, if the type becomes real, we can get some really fast Fairy-type Pokemon.

kbak12 said:
I wonder how this will affect the Eeveelutions? Wouldn't this make Sylveon the best Eeveelution, perhaps? If Fairy-type did come out...I don't think there would be any contest.

Jolteon's amazing speed and Vaporeon's perfect healing. I doubt Sykveon will even get to UU and if it does, it wouldn't be a massive power there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back