(1) September's 'CoroCoro' Scans Apparently Leaking [9/10]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I guess thats a good point, but I don't see how it can't be easier without having an evil team. Looking at the rescue dungeon games, they can come up with some really clever stories that make you care about the characters yet still keeping it simple enough.

I know, I sound very stubborn with it, but I am sick to death of fighting several members of one unit that have the same exact pokemon at every turn. I couldn't even tolerate Rocket in HGSS because I was sick of Galactic being everywhere. And I mean EVERYWHERE. You couldn't go two cities without having to deal with them. To top it off, you have to deal with them even AFTER the game. It gets tiring, especially if the villains aren't good in the first place. "

That's true, but the Mystery Dungeon games also appeal to a much smaller/different audience. Many people I know have not enjoyed those games and I've even had friends offering their games to me for free. My young siblings found them to be difficult and totally stopped playing.
But yea, I can agree, they always have the same Pokemon and they're always very weak, it almost feels pointless. But imagine being a kid again, you're either going to get overpowered or you're going to feel like a strong trainer. But I agree, we've dealt with this for many years, they could at least deviate from the standard formula just a little bit.

"hey, I now this is news for you but it's called an opinion."

People who can't spell "know" should not be allowed to have an opinion >_> (halfway kidding).

But saying that you play Pokemon D/P for the storyline is like saying you play Monster Hunter for the storyline.

but it's called an opinion.

I swear this statement could be a cop out.

True, the pokemon community has a bad habit of intolerance when it comes to another person's opinion (exclusively when they're in a negative light it seems), but if you're going to defend your opinion, then defend it. Don't pretend that you are entitled to protection against criticism of it.

Did I miss something? What is everyone talking about? Black? A Bridge? So confused. Is this a video?

"True, the pokemon community has a bad habit of intolerance when it comes to another person's opinion (exclusively when they're in a negative light it seems), but if you're going to defend your opinion, then defend it. Don't pretend that you are entitled to protection against criticism of it."

You're very right, and it's not just the Pokemon community, it's the gaming community and maybe even the internet in general.

If you're going to say something on a public forum, be prepared to see someone respond to it. You can't say something and just reply by calling people d-bags or telling them they can't comprehend you. Explain why you think it's a good storyline or stop talking about it.

Is it me or did Mijumaru use a fighting type move against Minezumi, it looked like it was super effective. If so at least it might learn fighting type moves as it levels even though its type won't change from pure water from what we know that is.

That's true, but the Mystery Dungeon games also appeal to a much smaller/different audience. Many people I know have not enjoyed those games and I've even had friends offering their games to me for free. My young siblings found them to be difficult and totally stopped playing.
True. They do require a bit more strategy than your average, non-metagame styled game. But did they find the stories hard to decipher?

But yea, I can agree, they always have the same Pokemon and they're always very weak, it almost feels pointless. But imagine being a kid again, you're either going to get overpowered or you're going to feel like a strong trainer. But I agree, we've dealt with this for many years, they could at least deviate from the standard formula just a little bit.

Tbh, I started off with Yellow, so I always thought Team Rocket sucked :p. But you're right. If you're a kid taking down a huge organization, you'd feel like John McClain.

But saying that you play Pokemon D/P for the storyline is like saying you play Monster Hunter for the storyline.

In his defense, he never claimed that he played DP for story.

I always thought it would be nice if the games did something like the manga when it comes to the evil team, gym leaders, and Elite 4. That would probably get confusing for the kids, though, and I suppose they don't believe there's enough adults who would buy Pokémon to warrent making a version of the game or even a branch of the series for them. I also really like the Mystery Dungeon series for the better storylines and making you connect with the characters.

I going to repeat what I said on Serebii. Regarding the fact that we have another fire/fighting starter, we'll get over it. Yeah it's a little dry but hey Pokabu is the best starter IMO. Although if they try and pull this again next gen someone is going to have to talk with Desukan, Buffalon, and Ononokusu.

"True. They do require a bit more strategy than your average, non-metagame styled game. But did they find the stories hard to decipher?"
Both my siblings and my friends found the gameplay too hard/boring to even start getting into the story sadly.

"Tbh, I started off with Yellow, so I always thought Team Rocket sucked . But you're right. If you're a kid taking down a huge organization, you'd feel like John McClain."

I never got to own Yellow or Crystal, so I missed out on both. I did have R/B and G/S though.

"In his defense, he never claimed that he played DP for story."

I'm certain someone made a post saying: "I didn't like most of the Pokemon designs in D/P, but it didn't matter because I played D/P for the storyline."
I assumed it was him because of his other statements, but I'm not going through 60 pages to check, though that's what I get for assuming lol.

i dont know why so many people hate on pokabu's evos
imo its the best out of the 3 starters...AND IM starting with POkabu fire/fighting is not that bad, that just means its gonna brust through all the game and kill everyone in one hit like infernape.
everything in this game is turning out very good, cant wait till i get my japannese game :)

Aside from being Fire/Fighting yet again, Pokabu2 is actually very cool looking. I like his design a lot, just not his typing. I, and I think everyone else, was just hoping things would be a little more original this generation, and repeating the Fire/Fighting starter isn't original at all. Then again, I think we're supposed to be disregarding everything from previous generations in these games. I'm also disappointed that the other two starters don't gain a second type.

You know I never tried the Mystery Dungeon series. The only side series I have tried are the Ranger series. (Awesome games by the way.)

Anyways it's really hard, I want Pokabu but the sound of a 3 stage fire/ghost type sounds too awesome to pass up. I might just get both. Or I could just use it on my second game run through.

yeah i see wat you mean with the fire/fighting again but i dont mind it :)
as for the other 2 starters i was hoping tsutaja had a 2nd typing like poison or flying. and miju i always thought it was gonna end up as a water/fighting.

i want that fire/Ghost too but i love pokabu soo i cant leave it :) plus i always love my starter and i Love pokabu
isint there a water/ghost ill like to try that one

'Chaobuu looks like those classic circus weight-lifters, I find that very awesome'

lol i know its very very awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back