(1) September's 'CoroCoro' Scans Apparently Leaking [9/10]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just copy/pasta what I put in the other thread before realizing these scans had their own:

Those scans, if real, do make the second stage starters look much nicer. It's the final forms that are going to take a lot to get me to warm up to them, though. They certainly look real, but then again the scans with the football fish and the other with Desukan and Denchura looked convincing too.

Also, is anyone able to translate what the second stage starters' names mean?

Oh god please let these be fake.
I had high hopes for Wotter, but if the starter evolutions really are real, I guess I'll be going with Smugleaf.
Still a fair chance these are a hoax, though.

Suave squirtle has already proven these were fake since the names do not match the anime leak.

I am really starting to like the starters evolutions even pokabu`s but my favorite is mijumaru`s evolution it simply looks fantastic

The monkey trio is looking pretty sweet. And being that the descriptions from Pokexperto do match the artwork, this could be legit, unless the faker happened to whip these together pretty quickly.

The starter evolutions are looking much better now that we can see them in a bit higher quality of a photo.

Pokabu evo does look better...but still not the best. And Fire/Fighting...AGAIN! Srsly? 3 Gens in a row? At least it beats Chimchar and his line!

Mmmm, I still don't think these are real. People are saying the name for wotter2 is different in that scan to it's name on the anime sketches. I'm also really bothered by wotter2's body being that godawful shade of blue. the overall design is nice, though and we've known it's real for months.

I won't even go into detail about the 3rd evolution because it honestly makes me want to end myself. I'm an illustration student, so I kinda know a thing or two about good design and it just...hurts me to look at. I can't believe a team of professional designers came up with that as the best final evolution.

fingers crossed for fakes!

Also, fire monkey looks like it's head is made of turd. My dog once ate a red crayon and produced something similar to that. Ugh

@reppasu That character sheet was beta art, though. I guess the names could have been beta as well.

I just noticed something strange, though: Why is Yanappu the Grass Monkey Pokémon, but the others aren't the Water Monkey and Fire Monkey Pokémon?

From what i heard those names were unreadable. Also it's beta artwork, they could of changed the names(but unlikely)

People on a different site have practically proven these fake, BUT I have to say that the "sugimori" art for the Pokabu evo isn't as ugly as the leak, so if they ARE real, I guess I'm not quite as upset as I thought I'd be.

Well, I hope that these are real. Hopefully this will put an end to the starter evos are real/fake threads. And why did GF decide to make yet another Fire/Fighting combo? -__-

I'm aware that there's a possibility of them changing the names halfway through production, but really... What are the odds?

Pokabu's second stage in these scans is slightly different than the artwork previously shown. It might just be the bad quailty of the older image throwing me off. Mijumaru's second stage is clearly in a different pose, though. At least the position of its head and tail are.

Really the only way to prove these are fake is if someone confesses or artwork of the fire and water monkey has been posted before.

Weren't the leaked images of the evolutions supposedly sugimori art already? Why are they different this time round?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back