(1) September's 'CoroCoro' Scans Apparently Leaking [9/10]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Nessthefox

Well I think it would be a shame to see Denchura being related to Ariados. It seems too much like it's own pokemon to me. I'm not too bent up about it, would have been nice to see some of my old favourites get a much needed boost though.

(btw I'm testing out my new signature so if it's too big just know I'm only testing it out) (edit: yes it is too big)

Reading both these posts, I am inclined to agree with cloud. That reasoning makes 0 sense whatsoever. Really, it just sounds like you now know they are real and decide to love them because they're official. It's baffling.

You don't have to act pompous just because I slightly changed my opinion. Again, I said that Pokabu's evolutions are not my favorite designs. I'm not a huge fan of them, but I like it's second stage a little better now that I've had time to get used to it and now that there is a brighter, clearer image.

The first images of the starters were less vividly colored, blurrier, smaller, and the poses were slightly different. Just because something doesn't literally change appearance doesn't mean the perception of it always remains the same. Would a worse-quality photograph make a person look just as attractive as a better quality photograph of them? Of course not. Would a slightly different pose make something look better because it's a bit more flattering? Of course, that's why people say they have a "good side" when they are photographed.

Maybe you just lack an artistic eye.

And just because these starters were, in fact, confirmed to be real doesn't mean that I don't still stick by what I have said in the past. There were many legitimate reasons to question their validity earlier on. I admit I was wrong in the end, but I wasn't wrong to question it.

Still going on with this fake starter thing lol. Pakubu is on the coro coro scans. Along with that start evo page. Isnt that seperate from coro coro?

Also, pokemon like the cat, Dangoro, and the grass version exclusives matches Hiro's fanart EXACTLY. Am I the only who finds this strange?

comparisonshot.png

Noticably different colors and poses. Different leaves. [sarcasm] Yep. Exactly the same. [/sarcasm]

ENOUGH. THE STARTER EVOLUTIONS ARE REAL. NEXT PERSON TO ARGUE ABOUT IT GETS BANNED. THERE IS TO BE NO MORE DISCUSSION ABOUT THEIR VALIDITY.

Aloha all, been watching this for a while. Figured I'd make my first comment on Pokebeach Forums a long one. I did a bit of looking up for names, and I'll go ahead and warn you to take these possible meanings with caution, they're just observations. (Note: Some of these may have been already stated, to those not aware.)

Yanappu - [Yana]gi (willow, weeping willow tree), a[ppu] (ape)
Baoppu - [Bao] (stir frying technique, wok heated til red, continue to stir fry) a[ppu] (ape)
Hiyappu - [Hiya] (cold water, cold liquid), a[ppu] (ape)
Emonga - é (think email), mo[monga] (flying squirrels)
Basurao - possibly [Basu] (bass) and baka[rao] (salt cod)
Yorterrie - [Yor]kshire [terrie]r (no explanation should be needed)
Choroneko - [Choro]maka (to steal or "pilfer"), [neko] (cat)
Desukaan - [Desu] (death), [kaan] (can?)
Ononokusu - [Ononoku] (to shake, shudder), [su] (MAYBE Uroburos {dragon swallowing tail})
Denchura - [Den] (general electronics prefix), taran[chura] (tarantula)
Doryuuzu - Doriruzu (word for drill, note the ryu is a being a play off of the word for mole since it includes a character for dragon or ryu)
Buffalon - [Buffaro] (Buffalo) [n] (???)
Dangoro - Not sure
Mebukijika - [Mebuki] (to bud) [jika] (mutation of "shika" or deer)
Tabunne - Mimi[Tabu] (earlobe Tabun could also be alot), [ne] (sound)
Monmen - [Mon] (not sure off the top of my head, can only think of gate), [men] (cotton or menyou for sheep)
Churine - [Chu]u[ri]ppu (tulip), [ne] (as the name implies "root")
Tamagetake - [Tamage] (to be startled or surprised, also Tama could be round like pokeball), [take] (mushroom)
Jyanobii - [Ja] (snake), [nobi]ru (to lengthen, flatten, stretch, grow)
Chaobuu - Taking a guess, lu[Cha] (Spanish for wrestling could be [chao]s), [buu] (oink)
Futachimaru - [Fu] (for two), [tachi] (long sword), [maru] (round or circle)

As for the new stuff, I must say, I love the new gen. While I too would have enjoyed a newer typing for some of the starters finals (which I suppose theoretically could still occur seeing how some starters don't gain a second type until their final) I'll still be satisfied with them as they are. I didn't complain in Gen. 2 when I found out that the starters were still going to be just Grass, Fire, and Water, I doubt I'll complain now (despite a desire to see the Mijumaru evo be Water and Steel or Fighting). As for the similarity between things in a previous generations and Gen. 5, I don't think it's really a cop out. Consider it like breeds of dog. Japanese breeds have a different look to them than British breeds, but when compared side to side, they still look like a pair of dogs. But meh, I may just be jaded. I felt a little let down with the DP era so far as looks, so maybe I'm just using BW as a pick me up. Oh well, just figured I'd post these.

Yeah thanks for making us stop... I was so pissed, but yeah lets just forget about it now... or else there will be a war :b

Fajironri said:
Buffalon - [Buffaro] (Buffalo) [n] (?)

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be Buffron, as I explained on page 23(I think). Buffron makes more sense than Buffalon.

EDIT:

I think the translation provided for the buffalo is wrong. It would make more sense to translate it to English as Buffron, wouldn't it? I'm not an expert on Japanese by any means(oh man, I'm far from it!), but in romaji it would be Baffuron, which WOULD be pronouced as Buffron. And from my understanding, a "fu" sound never sounds like a "fa" sound like you have in Buffalon. Anyways, Buffron matches the pun better(Buf- plus -fro). ;P

Nice, if someone says something you don't like then you ban them. Thanks for being un-biased.

And I wasn't arguing that the evos are fake. They're real. I've accepted that. I'm simply arguing that the pages that tell their typings, names, etc. are fake.

@ Ace, he can ban for whatever reason he wants, it's his site.

Speculation question, do you think this gen will re-do the breeding system/ev's/iv's/other hidden values?

It's not totally out of the question because Heartgold and Soulsiver altered the breeding system and that's the same gen as Diamond and Pearl

= o

Also I wonder how far you have to get in the game to transfer old pokes

That ice cream cone shadow is starting to remind me of another thing.

The head of an old almost bald man with a massive chin and ears with hair just below each ear and a bit of hair on the top.

Need to know the truth! D:

I hate kibago's last evo. has anyone else noticed most of the evos in this gen don't have the same color scheme as their pre-evolutions? Heck, they don't resemble them at all. and I'm soo mad that they won't have any 5th generation evos. (like 4th gen rypherior dusknoir etc.)

I think it's after first gym badge, in Hiun city.

it says that it on the bottom of the new pokemon on the front page "pokemon without numbers"
???/??? - ?? - Basic - ???
???/??? - Desukaan - Stage 1 - ???
???/??? - Denchura - Stage 1 - Electric/Bug
???/??? - Kibago - Basic - Dragon
???/??? - ?? - Stage 1 - Dragon
???/??? - Ononokusu - Stage 2 - Dragon
???/??? - Wargle - Basic - Normal/Flying
???/??? - Rankurusu - Basic - Psychic
???/??? - Gochiruzeru - Basic - Psychic. Does not evolve but may have a pre-evolution.
???/??? - Emonga - ??? - Electric/Flying
???/??? - Swana - Stage 1 - Water/Flying
???/??? - Mamanbou - Basic - Water
???/???: Blue octopus. It has an evolution too.
???/???: Green and yellow Pokemon.
???/???: Unseen Pokemon named Burokku.

@ Elite, I highly doubt they'll let me transfer over my B/W pokes after one badge. I know it's in Hiunn City, but I'm sure there are some requirements...

Well yet again, it could always be the whole "you need this many badges so they obey you", so I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back