(1) Possible 'Black' and 'White' Spoilers - Unconfirmed [6/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokequaza said:
If the 'snake' thing indeed turns out to be true...

DragonTransom.jpg

A cockatrice overdoor at Belvedere Castle (1869) in New York's Central Park

'A cockatrice is a legendary creature, resembling a large rooster with a lizard-like tail.'

And you should know that a basilisk mostly is portraited as a mix between a rooster and a lizard/snake.

We already have a cockatrice Pokémon - Giratina.

I know it doesn't look like your description, but read this:
Wikipedia said:
The cockatrice was first described in the late twelfth century based on a hint in Pliny's Natural History, as a duplicate of the basilisk or regulus, though, unlike the basilisk, the cockatrice has wings and a tail.
Now, what does a basilisk look like again?
The most common depictions of a basilisk are a giant snake (think Harry Potter) or a multi-limbed lizard (think Final Fantasy). Familiar much? With added wings, those are pretty much exact descriptions of Giratina.
Wikipedia said:
The basilisk is called "king" because it is reputed to have on its head a mitre- or crown-shaped crest.
Both forms of Giratina have a crown-shaped crest on their heads.
Wikipedia said:
It destroys all shrubs, not only by its contact, but those even that it has breathed upon; it burns up all the grass too, and breaks the stones, so tremendous is its noxious influence.
And this is the Distortion World.

The Minotauros thing sounds a bit fishy to me. Why would Tauors evolve? It already has high enough stats. It's evo would surely be OU at least. As long as this "minotaur" dosen't look that human I'll be ok with it I suppose.

And where in the corocoro scans is there a new weather indicater? What does it say?

*157 new Pokemon. Great! Nothing wrong with that. The most additions in a generation, which is good because DPP felt like it didn't add that many because of the large amount of new evos/prevos of old Pokemon. Believable.

*"Large, green cobra" isn't much to go on to be fair. Could be true or false.

*Tauros evolution. Hm. It really doesn't need one, but then look what they did to Rhydon in DPP. Could be believable, however I think Tauros was fine as it was.

*Weather items. As a basic concept it sounds..."okay", but that Poison field example sounds like a real stinker. Why just Sludge Bomb? Toxic Spikes taking effect immediately is sort of unremarkable. 30% accuracy gain; excluding any new moves that only really affects Gunk Shot and Smog, off the top of my head. It all sounds a bit broken to me. The weather indicator could just be...well, to indicate the current weather conditions, which would be handy if you went to standby in the middle of a battle and needed to get up to speed when you resumed. I don't think it's terrible but that Poison example just sounds a bit dodgy to me. And ~20 conditions? That just sounds a bit overboard. But we'll have to wait and see what they are, provided they exist.

*Decisions affect the plot. Totally believable to me. It's the hip trend of the current generation of gaming, even if Pokemon is a bit late to jump on board =P. Although in most cases of decision making games, you can either be completely good or completely bad, with no gain for any kind of middle ground (inFamous springs to mind). But still, this is Pokemon, and that kind of complication wouldn't be necessary, but then it wouldn't be unwelcome. The kind of decisions you'd face could be potentially very interesting. Very believable, and if real I look forward to more information about this.

*Starters overhauled in design in the last few months. *shrug* Mk!

---

tl;dr: I think most of the information is believable, and am interested in the decision-making aspect. The weather condition thing sounds very fishy to me, though.

A large, green cobra as a third to complement two legendaries? Hmm... sounds so unfamiliar and new.

wg93idrp.gif

Better not be true. The whole "good and bad" choices is pretty overdone in games lately. Fallout had it, Mass Effect had it, Red Dead Redemption had it, I'm curious to see how they'll implement it in Pokemon games though. Providing it's true, of course.

Jigglychu said:
And where in the corocoro scans is there a new weather indicater? What does it say?

Same scan as Reshiram but in the green box, with the yellow arrow.

Read my translation above~

As I said, it's not quite what this guy describes.

There's only one problem... How do I know what the good and the bad decisions are D: since I'm planning to get the Japanese version, cannot wait for the English one to come. Just like in HeartGold I was just walking around and mashing the A-button, guess those times will be over now... and I seriously need to improve my Japanese... *sigh xD

There will be 157 new Pokemon, bringing the total amount to 650.
Oh a great ammount.
The more the better ;)
Like how Giratina compliments Dialga and Palkia, a large, green cobra will accompany Reshiram and Zekrom.
Pokemon Jade?
Tauros will have an evolution: Minotauros. It stands on two legs.
Hmm, this is hard to imagine.
I guess you don't know untill you see.
In previous games, either through moves or through abilities, players were able to alter the weather conditions of the battle field to boost certain types. For example, Groudon's Drought summons sunlight, which boosts Fire-type moves by 50%. In Black and White, players will be able to collect certain items that alter the weather conditions of the battle field. Approximately twenty of these items will affect the weather conditions so that they will boost certain types (kind of like Stadium cards in the TCG?), with some types getting added bonuses depending on the item. As a side note, in today's CoroCoro scans, there was a screenshot showing a new weather indicator (we overlooked it), which could give credence to this claim.
That will make battles more strategical.
One example will be setting up a Poison Field, which causes all Poison-type attacks to gain 30% accuracy, Sludge Bomb to have a 100% poison rate, and the effects of Toxic Spikes' poison to have an immediate effect.
That would be really powerful if it boosts 1HITKO moves accuracy...
Black and white, good versus evil, and yin and yang are going to play a major part in the plot. However, unlike previous Pokemon games, the decisions and choices you make will "influence" the plot of the game. If you make "good" choices, you might get certain help or items, whereas "bad" choices could have negative effects. The point is that the plot will not be as cut-and-dry as previous games, changing depending on the player's actions.
Finally a changable pokemon storyline.
Tsutaaja, Pokabu, and Mijumaru had rough designs over this past year or so, but in the last few months received major overhauls, becoming the final designs we see today.
Well they look great now (although they could of did a little more work on Mijumaru)

Metalizard said:
these informations look good but there's 2 thing that I don't like: 1st, 157 is too many Pokémon IMO and 2nd, a large green snake? Rayquaza clone anyone?

Making a large green, legendary cobra that not resembles rayquaza sure is a tricky one :p

Mangriff said:
*Weather items. As a basic concept it sounds..."okay", but that Poison field example sounds like a real stinker. Why just Sludge Bomb? Toxic Spikes taking effect immediately is sort of unremarkable. 30% accuracy gain; excluding any new moves that only really affects Gunk Shot and Smog, off the top of my head. It all sounds a bit broken to me. The weather indicator could just be...well, to indicate the current weather conditions, which would be handy if you went to standby in the middle of a battle and needed to get up to speed when you resumed. I don't think it's terrible but that Poison example just sounds a bit dodgy to me. And ~20 conditions? That just sounds a bit overboard. But we'll have to wait and see what they are, provided they exist.
I agree with most of this, I don't really think it's ok at all but that's just my opinion. what weather condition effects poison? what are they going to use? acid rain? don't make me laugh. and the twenty weather conditions is kind of belivable. I belive most of whatever comes out of corocoro and the poison thing wasn't mentioned.

what will they do with the 20 conditions aside from what we already have? so.. like.. 15? overcast and.. overcast.. er? will they have different variations of the weather? like a slight rain, heavy rain, etc.

i think the weather conditions should be considered as environment conditions, for example a poison vial will make the ground poisonous and give extra power to poison moves

zwelgbelg said:
i think the weather conditions should be considered as environment conditions, for example a poison vial will make the ground poisonous and give extra power to poison moves
Chemically altering the atmosphere and poisoning animals with scientifically created concoctions to gain an unfair advantage!?
If that ever happens I think trainers may be entering the realm of team rocket!
(tbh potions etc isn't too far from this though lol)

The more I look at these rumours the less believable it seems.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to clarify the conditions a bit (yes, I am 'him').

zwelgbelg is correct, the battle field mechanics should be considered field conditions, not so much weather conditions.
The comparison was just made because the effects are in basis somewhat alike; Drought boosts Fire-type moves -> Fire Field boosts Fire-type moves.

Hmm, those spoilers remind me of something! On this Youtube video of fake "5 gen" pokemon, you can see a fake Tauros evolution, entitled of "Magnotauro" Check it out at 1:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQWSNGBNib0

There will be 157 new Pokemon, bringing the total amount to 650.
A 157 Pokemon, thats a great number, they already showed us 12, so Game Freak has 145 chances to either impress me or to disappoint me.
In one way i'm happy we are know at 650, seeing this number only me excited for Gen VI, maybe by Gen X we'll have at least 1,500 species of Pokemon.

Like how Giratina compliments Dialga and Palkia, a large, green cobra will accompany Reshiram and Zekrom.
I like cobras, they're my favorite snake...but i'm curious as to how a Green Cobra is relevant to Yin-Yang, Black&White, Fire/Electric or The Sky...as for typing this might be our first Poison legendary...i hope its Water/Poison, indicating that it might be based of a Naga...

Tauros will have an evolution: Minotauros. It stands on two legs.
I have actually been predicting this for a long time along with a possible pre-evolution. In fact on deviantart there are many Minotaur evolutions of tauros and a few actually share the same name Minotauros, in fact one of my fakemon i made is also exactly named Minotauros...hmm maybe Game Freak does frequent deviantart...

In previous games, either through moves or through abilities, players were able to alter the weather conditions of the battle field to boost certain types. For example, Groudon's Drought summons sunlight, which boosts Fire-type moves by 50%. In Black and White, players will be able to collect certain items that alter the weather conditions of the battle field. Approximately twenty of these items will affect the weather conditions so that they will boost certain types (kind of like Stadium cards in the TCG?), with some types getting added bonuses depending on the item. As a side note, in today's CoroCoro scans, there was a screenshot showing a new weather indicator (we overlooked it), which could give credence to this claim.

This is really interesting, initially i was never a fan of weather as a possible battle strategy mostly because it would waste a turn using a move that did no damage...
but this will even the playing filed, meaning it will be easier to get STAB bonuses and weather-damage bonuses...Pokemon battles just keep getting better and better...

One example will be setting up a Poison Field, which causes all Poison-type attacks to gain 30% accuracy, Sludge Bomb to have a 100% poison rate, and the effects of Toxic Spikes' poison to have an immediate effect
Oh sick, if this sort of "field" exclusive bonuses are available for every type, than O_O, Pokemon battles will never be the same, the amount of skill needed to win a battle in which you and your opponent share the ability to improve the damage/usefulness of attacks to such a high degrees really will be a challenge. I'm really excited for this aspect.

Black and white, good versus evil, and yin and yang are going to play a major part in the plot. However, unlike previous Pokemon games, the decisions and choices you make will "influence" the plot of the game. If you make "good" choices, you might get certain help or items, whereas "bad" choices could have negative effects. The point is that the plot will not be as cut-and-dry as previous games, changing depending on the player's actions.
Now this, this is the real deal, Pokemon with a real mainstream-rpg style story...
Where the players actions influence the progression of the story, i love these kinds of games, as for making bad decisions, i really maybe in the future make a Pokemon game in which one can choose to be the bad guy, and join the "Team Rocket" of the game, and maybe have a separate campaign.

Also what would be interesting for the future is a giant Pokemon MMORPG, in which there are factions: Trainer, Coordinator, Professor, "Bad-Guy" and each has a different for of playing.

Pokemon is only as good as it is because the game never ends...

Now, imagine being able to play it through with a different storyline. How are choices bad? Some games have mastered this (KOTOR, Infamous), and it would be a welcome addition to Pokemon.

scuba stevee said:
Whoa slow your roll people. We have large green cobra for Zek's and Resh's counterpart, how can you say it's bad with just knowing that information.

I don't know about this, why would this guy come forward with this information now? I'm just getting a bad vibe from this, it sounds shifty....

i agree but some of the stuff would be cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back