(1) Pokemon X and Y Announced! [1/8]

Bolt the Cat said:
I don't really see the point in using the Circle Pad if you're still stuck with 4 directional movement.

if its just 4 directional movement -no
i meant that it will be possible to circle around with the pad just like in Super rumble
(or legend of zelda ocarina of time for the 3ds to anyone who know)

Bolt the Cat said:
I don't really see the point in using the Circle Pad if you're still stuck with 4 directional movement.

I can't say for sure, but I'm hoping that we're not restricted like that. Freestyle movement like LoZ would be better...

I've been meaning to post this for a long time. :p Overall when I first saw the starters, they looked awesome! (Especially Froakie :p) I can even say that this region is better than Unova already! :D (in my opinion, unless the region is so bad...) The Legendaries look great, and they finally have some animal origin rather than Palkia.... It's also hard to choose between each version, i'd naturally choose the blue version, but Y's Legendary is so awesome! Guess i'll have to wait until the version exclusives are announced. And speaking of which, in the trailer, I saw Chespin use a dark like attack (Maybe Beat Up or Sucker Punch) & Fennekin use a Psychic attack (Psywave maybe?). Could it be that Chespin's evolution is Dark-Grass & Fennekin's evolution is Fire-Psychic (That'd make my day if it was! X3) Though I really want Froakie's evos to be dual typed as well, mainly Water-Poison or Water-Fighting! (Anything but Pure Water, part Ground, or part Steel ;)) So overall I just love this new generation already! :D

If there is no 4 direction movement then how does the grass work? I don't think that grass would appear as patches (it does) if you could move freely. I hope that you can't move freely. It's just a core thing of Pokémon. That would be the only thing that would keep the overworld from feeling too un-Pokémonish with all these graphical changes.

Flygon2071 said:
Rockspet said:
I don't know if this has already been posted, but has anybody been thinking about that train in Aniville Town?

"This train car is the kind that ran a long time ago. Compared to contemporary train cars, it has more parts, so I heard it was difficult to build. The old train cars built with lots of small parts have their own unique beauty and attract a lot of fans. Those cars no longer run in the Battle Subway, but I hear they're still used in a faraway region. Ah... I'd love to be on that train!"

Could we be seeing these trains in the new region?

I don't think so and Pokemon leaves lots of holes and questions. an example is where did N left. N reappeared in BW2 but it was never mentioned where he went.

Twist: X and Y take place between BW and BW2.

Who cares if vinnie22 beat me to it?

Clay said:
Twist: X and Y take place between BW and BW2.

X and Y should take place in between DPPt/HGSS and BW1, that part of the Pokemon timeline could stand to be fleshed out.

This is floating around Tumblr right now: what definitely looks like a Corocoro-type leak of a new bug type and flying type.

tumblr_mhkvjxqR5i1rsvqtto1_400.png

http://jay-the-archiduque.tumblr.com/post/42080919011/nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

If it's a hoax there's sure a lot of effort put into it! Anyway, thought I'd share since it's one of the few times I've seen potential pokemon news that wasn't already on Pokebeach. ;)

I think someone confirmed it was a fake in one of the other speculation threads, but who knows.

Oh gosh I love those Fakemons what a shame that they are only fake. ;_;

garbodorable said:
If it's a hoax there's sure a lot of effort put into it! Anyway, thought I'd share since it's one of the few times I've seen potential pokemon news that wasn't already on Pokebeach. ;)
We try not to post fake news. :)

TheDarkCharizard said:
FINALLY!!!!! They ran out of colors....

TheDarkCharizard said:
FINALLY!!!!! They ran out of colors....

And stones/minerals (RSE,DPPt)

Because there are totally 3 colours (black and white are backgrounds) and 9 stones/minerals/metals.

EDIT: They have an infinite amount of colours to work with...and hundreds of minerals/stones/metals

Also, it was never about colors or minerals to begin with, they name the games after their theme (like how BW was about opposing points of view). All this proves is that they can name the games whatever the hell they want.

I wonder what the name of the villainous team is called.

We got Team Rocket and Team Plasma.

It would make sense if we got Team Chain, because uh Rocket Launcher, Plasma Rifle, and Chain Gun/Saw

I've been thinking about that too, but due to my over obsession with anime, right now the only name I can think of is Team Akatsuki. :p

Teal said:
If there is no 4 direction movement then how does the grass work? I don't think that grass would appear as patches (it does) if you could move freely. I hope that you can't move freely. It's just a core thing of Pokémon. That would be the only thing that would keep the overworld from feeling too un-Pokémonish with all these graphical changes.

Moving freely would certainly work. Just have a 8% chance of something appearing each step or something. That wouldn't be a hard thing to implement at all.

And 4 direction movement isn't really something I loved about pokemon anyway. Zelda was originally 4 direction movement, and it certainly wan't awkward when Ocarina of Time came out.

I'm really excited for the release of Pokémon X and Y. Though I doubt that I'll ever get it by October, I will probably get enough money to buy the game soon.

I think I'll be getting Pokémon X. I like the version mascot of the game, Xerneas, and it has my favorite color, blue.

I wonder what features these two versions will have but I hope they have a StreetPass and SpotPass feature. StreetPass would be useful if we were to get passersby for something (I dunno what we will expect in X and Y.), and SpotPass would be great if we were to get exclusive items and Pokémon maybe. That's just my thought and opinion.

Back