(1) Pokemon X and Y Announced! [1/8]

Again, how do you know its a Dark type?
If the sound is any indication, it should be something that hits Golurk neutral (EXACT SAME SOUND as when Flamethrower hits Munchlax). My best guess is poison or steel... not for a type!! Just a move Chespin learns. Feraligatr learns Ice Fang, Crunch and Superpower for example, remember?? And besides.... the starters almost never learn moves of a type THAT THEY HAVE YET TO GAIN. They learn the moves usually right after evolution. Look at Torchic or Mudkip for example, they have very different learnsets than their later stages. Or something like Charizard, who merely learns Wing Attack after evolving etc.

And....HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY KNOW THATS A FIGHTING MOVE?
Unless it said the move name, this could be one of a dozen of types.

The fact that Golurk is shown twice (and half of the rest are gen V) tells me a lot about the regionaldex.

Zoroark316 said:
castle.jpg

...am I the only one noticed the "so-called" Palpitoad isn't Palpitoad? It somewhat looks so different from the art of Palpitoad...

No? Yes? Hmm..

EDIT: I should have been more clear about that, the "ball" on his head seems so big than Palpitoad's. I don't see any two bumps on both sides of the pokemon, Palpitoad should have.

Aquapulse said:
Zoroark316 said:

...am I the only one noticed the "so-called" Palpitoad isn't Palpitoad? It somewhat looks so different from the art of Palpitoad...

No? Yes? Hmm..

EDIT: I should have been more clear about that, the "ball" on his head seems so big than Palpitoad's. I don't see any two bumps on both sides of the pokemon, Palpitoad should have.

Its absolutely palpitoad. It has the humps and everything. The size of the "ball" is spot on too.
Do you realize that the blue parts of its body are very dark in that pic?

Mitja said:
Aquapulse said:

No? Yes? Hmm..

Its absolutely palpitoad. It has the humps and everything. The size of the "ball" is spot on too.
Do you realize that the blue parts of its body are very dark in that pic?

It just looks so different in my point of view. But then again, I have to keep in mind, the game footage isn't finished. They probably make a mistake with that pokemon, btw I do use glasses. :p

Mitja said:
If the sound is any indication, it should be something that hits Golurk neutral (EXACT SAME SOUND as when Flamethrower hits Munchlax). My best guess is poison or steel... not for a type!! Just a move Chespin learns. Feraligatr learns Ice Fang, Crunch and Superpower for example, remember?? And besides.... the starters almost never learn moves of a type THAT THEY HAVE YET TO GAIN. They learn the moves usually right after evolution. Look at Torchic or Mudkip for example, they have very different learnsets than their later stages. Or something like Charizard, who merely learns Wing Attack after evolving etc.

The fact that Golurk is shown twice (and half of the rest are gen V) tells me a lot about the regionaldex.

I still think Chespin will either be Grass or Grass/Fighting.

Also, what about Poison type hitting Golurk neutrally? It 4x resists it.

Delta said:
Seriously can't argue with the starter theory. Great analysis. Convinced me that the final evolution will be joint types.

Wasn't the appearance of the Eiffel Tower what sparked the whole set in France thing? Or a region that will resemble Europe. I don't see how this provides more proof.

And as for the Golurk holding an eevee, my eyes would be more drawn to the Golurk. Why has it been emphasized twice? The trailer seemed to be able to give away what GF wanted, so there must be a reason why Golurk is in battle and in the statue.

EDIT: Ninja'd to Golurk

I hope that's not the case. Golurk's perfect. They don't need to change him period.

Flygon2071 said:
Rockspet said:
I don't know if this has already been posted, but has anybody been thinking about that train in Aniville Town?

"This train car is the kind that ran a long time ago. Compared to contemporary train cars, it has more parts, so I heard it was difficult to build. The old train cars built with lots of small parts have their own unique beauty and attract a lot of fans. Those cars no longer run in the Battle Subway, but I hear they're still used in a faraway region. Ah... I'd love to be on that train!"

Could we be seeing these trains in the new region?

I don't think so and Pokemon leaves lots of holes and questions. an example is where did N left. N reappeared in BW2 but it was never mentioned where he went.
i guess he went to the new region coming out in october.

Mitja said:

I don't think you can go by the sound at this point, I mean, they use the same supposed "not very effective" sound on Patrat and there's nothing that Patrat could resist.

beaulier said:
I thought the statue place would be a ground gym until I saw the two dratinis

I looks like it may be the region's "Pokemon Mansion", just like the one in Sinnoh:

Pok%C3%A9mon_Mansion_Sinnoh_Pt.png

Do you guys realize with the whole "3D thing" we're going to get a lot of new stuff? I don't know, I haven't thought about it yet but this game to going to be awesome. Good things will arrive on October.

Bolt the Cat said:
Mitja said:

I don't think you can go by the sound at this point, I mean, they use the same supposed "not very effective" sound on Patrat and there's nothing that Patrat could resist.

When Golurk is attacked there is a red stripe in the background just like Arial Ace gets in B/W2, so maybe it's that.

So this is what happens when your internet is disconnected for 3 months. Stuff freaking happens. I come back and everyones talking about Gen6 and im really confused. But i will probably get Y because the legendary and my username. I think the games story might have something to do with genetics.

I don't know why anybody hasn't noticed this but in the statue with palpitoad and golurk there is an eevee on his hand
Maybe eevee is included in the new region?

m7mad133 said:
I don't know why anybody hasn't noticed this but in the statue with palpitoad and golurk there is an eevee on his hand

Um yeah.
I'm sure this was mentioned in several threads at the day of reveal.

my friend keep telling me that there is gonna be a few new pokemons like 50 or so not like every new gen we get like 100+ because he says its there 1st original pokemon 3D game it needs a alot of time and stuff i was -_- .. . dude Nintendo is the most profit video game company if they want they can hire a thousands of workers and finish the game in less then 3 month but... i could not stop worrying is this might be turned real @.@

m7mad133 said:

Thats pretty possible :) Maybe it also gets a ground type Eeveelution since Palpitoad and Golurk are part ground types.

Videoland said:
m7mad133 said:

Thats pretty possible :) Maybe it also gets a ground type Eeveelution since Palpitoad and Golurk are part ground types.

Yesyesyesyesyesyes.
If that happened, I would love it.

Back