(1) 'Pokemon Sunday' Airs New 'Black' and 'White' Info [5/15]

The pics for the gen 5 games look awesome. I will check the 3 videos when I have more time. Which DS is the gen 5 games going to be on? The DS lite or the newer DS? I hope the DS lite because I can't get the new one yet.:)

i dont think they will change the voices. just think, they would have to change it for every language (that is if they decide to make them say their names). that could possibly delay the release of the games in other countries. They havent changed the voices since the beginning, so why now?
Of course they did say they were going to change it a lot.....

Lance and Salamence said:
They more than likely have to fit in around 600 of those critters don't forget. Plus the video quality is poor. You also nneed to take into consideration the fact that these visuals are, based on the precious little we've seen, much better than the standard ds game.

EDIT: I jjust realised something. Maybe the reason pokemon calls aren't audible is because the haved made them yet. Could it be that we'll get cries that sound decent? I sure hope so...

Eh, I'll withhold judgment until the game is released, but all of the footage I've seen so far--high-quality scans and low-quality streaming video alike--looks really blocky around the edges. And while there are plenty of sprites to animate, sure, that's also the case for most other sprite-based games, and plenty of those--again, look at the last two Castlevania DS outings, and even some of the GBA versions--look a lot less stiff and heckuva a lot less pixelated.

Point is, I'm sure I'll play Black and White and enjoy them just as I have all of the last generations, but I refuse to believe that a franchise with as long a development cycle, as huge a development team, and as much money as Pokemon should consistently make such incremental graphical and gameplay upgrades between generations.

At this point, I can't help feeling like Gamefreak is so aware that new entries will sell like gangbusters that they just phone things in, and that Pokefandom--many of whom are apparently cheering what seem like pretty minor, and even somewhat outdated graphical tweaks as "revolutionary," quoting directly--suffers from the most predominant case of gaming Stockholm Syndrome.

Chibi Pika said:
I'm probably the only person in the world who really likes the Pokemon's current cries. I know one thing--I absolutely do not want the Pokemon to be fully voiced. In Japanese it would be decent, but the majority of dub Pokemon's voices sound like some idiot saying the name over and over without even trying to put any syllable combination variety, often times with the most annoying voice possible.

I think if they were going to make the pokemon say their names they woulve done that in generation three or at least four. I mean black and white is using pretty much the same technology as diamond pearl and they chose to have the pokemon make unique cries in that game. I think gamefreak's vision differs greatly from the tv show.

Man, those animated sprites are awesome! I was getting sick of the poor animations we've had since Emerald where the Pokémon just bounces around like a rock being shaken in a shoebox. I was hoping Black and White would have Crystal-like animated sprites, but they have even better! Though he was my least favorite at first, after seeing Mijumaru's animated sprite, I'm now convinced he's the cutest Pokémon ever. I've always gone with the Grass starter, but I might just choose Water this time.

I don't want the Pokémon's cries to change to saying their names, but the first three generation's could be updated. The ones that sound like old GameBoy sounds are odd and rather boring when compared to Gen. IV Pokémon cries.

I still hope your Pokémon following you will be added in before the games' release, but if not those battle animations are more than enough to make up for it. I'm really looking forward to these games now. I normally don't import games that are going to be released in America, but I might make an exception this time because I want these games as soon as I can (and the American version might change something like the Voltorb Flip in HGSS).

I can't wait to see the new sprite animations for my favorite Pokémon!

let's hope they"ll change the animation of the "FLY" move. And please not that stupid blue orb thing

lotusoftheleaf said:
Man, those animated sprites are awesome! I was getting sick of the poor animations we've had since Emerald where the Pokémon just bounces around like a rock being shaken in a shoebox. I was hoping Black and White would have Crystal-like animated sprites, but they have even better!
Heh, I was thinking exactly the same thing! :D
After the release of Pokemon Crystal, they stopped making animated sprites.
This feature was not seen again until Pokemon Emerald.
Sadly, the new Gen 3/4 aren't the best ones... The only thing the Pokemon do is jumps around or just open it's mouth.
That's why I can't wait for the Black and White animations. :p

HOORAY! The Return Of Pokemon! I'm Sure This Has To Bring Back The Most Famous Monster-Related Franchise Back!(Into The Media, Of Course :)

Petrex said:
not sure if i mentioned it but i gave it some thought, and i honestly think that the whole "people talking to you" thing is going to irritate me, i mean even if it is small talk, ive never seen a game do it, except jeck and daxter etc., games where they actually "talk" to you, but constant things pooping up WILL irritate me, even if it is a breakthrough, i do love the consantly moving sprites, and the camera zoom.

I agree. I don't like that the people are going to talk to you. It will be so annoying.

There will probably be an option to disable that, and they will only talk to you if you press "A." But I'm not totally sure just guessing and hoping. I seriously don't mind at all, and I think that this is a nice feature in the game.

sideswipe375 said:
HOORAY! The Return Of Pokemon! I'm Sure This Has To Bring Back The Most Famous Monster-Related Franchise Back!(Into The Media, Of Course :)
Yes, finally i feel someone agrees with me this gen is going to be the great return of pokemon, up to now i can see a great potencial in the games, the pokemon constantly moving finally makes pokemon feel more real, i just read a nintendo power article where the developers say that their biggest dream is to connect more the pokemon world with the real one and that they have a lot of ideas to do it

I just hope that the series doesn't turn out to be bad (which I don't think it will). I am just hoping that the series and game matches up and in the series there are no episodes that have the same plot as other ones. I think that Pokemon B/W games will hopefully be fun and enjoyable to many people. I just can't wait to see what other Pokemon's Pokemon Sunday/CoroCoro Magazine release.

This is looking to be the greatest Pokemon game to date! Maybe even better than Emerald, my favorite game out of the whole series.

Guys, the "people randomly talking to you" isn't stopping any animation of yours, it's just text popping up on the screen.

Have you ever played the Paper Mario games, where sometimes someone will start talking and you have the choice if you want to read what they're saying and respond or just ignore it?

It'll be like that. I mean, if you think about it, people "talking to you" is exactly what a trainer battle essentially was, or like when the Kimono Girls appeared. This is different, in where I think it's just a choice of yours to stop and finish hearing what they have to say or not.

I don't think the people talking without you pressing A will affect much. I think it will be something like in Final Fantasy games. When you walk near two people conversing you can see the little things they're saying to each other. If you don't want to read it, you can just keep walking and once you're so far from them the text goes away or you can avoid it all together by just not walking near the people.

this game is going to be really epic.
i thought HGSS was a huge step up but now, the game will hit high HIGH masses...

Love love love the constant animation. Was needed before and finally implemented well. I like the fact you don't have to press A to talk to people either and they move out of your way. Yay for no obstacles while running (besides everything else). The Zoroark transformation is pretty cool too.

dmaster out.

Ugh.

I think I just died a little inside.

I haven't kept up with pokemon in a while, and this is what I come back to? Sure, the new animated sprites look kinda cool, but the starters look so....fake.

And what's the deal with the 3D? Pokemon has always been a top-down rpg. I hated the side-view parts on the lighthouse and such in HG/SS, and now they're doing more?

Maybe, hopefully, it won't be that bad when it comes out. I guess we'll see. I can only pray the rest of the pokemon don't look as bad as the water starter.

Am I the only person mad about this? Or am I just cynical?[/font]

The constant animation is amazing. U.S. version will out in March 2011, I guess.

Back