(1) 'Pokemon Smash' Reveals New X/Y Pokemon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpn6nibaTSE

Near the end of the trailer, Mewtwo says something like: "You still don't know the real Mewtwo."

Wouldn't that suggest that it's just a new Forme?

Setosama said:
Yeah, I see what you did. You copied my post almost word for word. And you're wrong. Diamond and Pearl suck. Sorry, but they do. That's my opinion. Deal with it.

Also, 2 gyms and the path to the Elite four (actually not even the Pokemon League, JUST VICTORY ROAD) is HARDLY half of the game. Apparently your math is off too. Like your taste. (Only kidding about that last part. Like what you like, not like I really give a tail moving to the freaking head about it.)

I was just going to say something like this:

Blui said:
There is so much wrong with that its not funny. You say that their opinion is wrong and then go to say the opposite of what they say which is your opinion.
I for one really enjoyed Diamond & Pearl, the music gave a great feel of going on a journey, at least for me. People have different opinions. Deal with it.

But Blui already pointed out THE flaw of your argument... Still:

Waterfall you only use once to get to Victory Road, maybe twice to get through once inside. so it's mostly Dive and Surf. either way at least they're all useful. Unlike a certain DP HM I can mention.
hmmm.. So you actually enjoyed having to use 3 special water-type HMs on the same pokémon (or at least having to use 2 pokémon for all 3 moves), with 2 of them being weaker than Surf... Yeah, quite useful...
Also, Flash is obviously much better than Defog, for sure... At least DP improved Rock Smash to 40 BP...

Honestly, my point was not really about gen 4 being better than 3. My point was that the speech you gave bashing gen 4 could be applied for any generation if someone simply doesn't like it and to show that Pokémon is constantly evolving. Gen II improved on Gen I, Gen III improved on Gen II, Gen IV improved on Gen III and so on...
I just counterargued with gen 4 because it was the one you were talking about and I just thought you were being unfair, so I mentioned some good things about Gen 4 and bad things about gen 3. No gen is perfect and yes, you may think gen 4 sucks and gen 3 is better. But I happen to think exactly the opposite, so telling me to deal with your opinion while at the same time saying mine is wrong as if it was something objective (like gen 4 being bad was a fact) is an obvious contradiction and a silly mistake. There were some small things I didn't like about Gen IV too but I can proudly state that Platinum was the Pokémon game I had the most fun with, the one I think is the most elaborated and it's definitely my favorite game ever...

Serperior said:
Well guess what guys...

tumblr_mkvadoXwE71s5mujoo1_500.png

Looks like someone's been to Smogon Community College.

Setosama said:
evilpacman said:
I think Gen 6 is shaping up to be better than the last two so far! Still hate Princess Eevee though.

WHAT?! WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG WITH GEN V?! Gen IV yes, but GEN V?! Gen V was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than 4! (This is game-wise mind you.) For me, everything Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum did storywise, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald (which is still my favorite Pokemon game of the series atm) did better. And gameplay wise everything new added to Diamond and Pearl, Black and White took and added even MORE such as the hidden/new abilities and The Judge! The Judge in BW(2) is how they SHOULD have done him since Emerald!

And you are possibly the first person I've ever seen who dislikes Sylveon! How can you dislike something THAT adorable?! T-T

for me, every new game is way better than the last, its like a growing pyramid that just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Oh god, stop it with the Gen. vs. Gen. arguing. People have different favorites, and that's okay. Saying you don't like someone else's favorite is fine, but saying that someone else's favorite objectively sucks is you being a jerk. Come on, people.

I'm glad the fervor over Mewnew has died down some though. didn't I say that you'd all get used to it in a little while?

Also:

tumblr_mkxcaoyEPs1qk31wzo1_500.jpg

I like the design a lot, but this was too funny not to share. XD

Metalizard said:
Honestly, my point was not really about gen 4 being better than 3. My point was that the speech you gave bashing gen 4 could be applied for any generation if someone simply doesn't like it and to show that Pokémon is constantly evolving. Gen II improved on Gen I, Gen III improved on Gen II, Gen IV improved on Gen III and so on...
I just counterargued with gen 4 because it was the one you were talking about and I just thought you were being unfair, so I mentioned some good things about Gen 4 and bad things about gen 3. No gen is perfect and yes, you may think gen 4 sucks and gen 3 is better. But I happen to think exactly the opposite, so telling me to deal with your opinion while at the same time saying mine is wrong as if it was something objective (like gen 4 being bad was a fact) is an obvious contradiction and a silly mistake. There were some small things I didn't like about Gen IV too but I can proudly state that Platinum was the Pokémon game I had the most fun with, the one I think is the most elaborated and it's definitely my favorite game ever...

Oh my arceus, you guys couldn't figure out with me posting 2 contradicting things in my post that one of the two wasn't entirely serious? XD

Oh that's right, this is the internet, you have to ALWAYS be exactly freaking specific. -_-

Quite personally, Emerald is my favorite. I'm still having fun trying to be the Battle Frontier without cheating back. XD (Just have to conquer the Battle Pyramid for the gold.) I personally think Platinum's Battle Frontier is a joke compared to Emerald's. (Only 5 facilities and 2 of the 5 can completely screw you over and with you having little to no control over it? No thanks.) The only reason I dislike Gen IV is pretty much the story which is no matter how you look at it, straight up rehash of RSE with only 1 evil team instead of 2 and Cyrus wanting to play god instead of trying to change the environmen- wait a minute... THAT IS PLAYING GOD TOO! EXACTLY THE SAME! DX

While I do think Cyrus is a boring freaking villain (although his battle music MORE than makes up for that) he does basically tear Dialga and/or Palkia out of their inter-dimension between Space and Time and pull them into ours. Ok, that is pretty damn cool. Everything else about the story though... Defog... Rock Climb... The freaking swamps (GOD I hate that route and the safari zone -_-) I really don't care for.

D.N.A said:
Posts like this are absurd.
Did anyone say they weren't going to buy the game? Did anyone even imply that?
I have seen at least 5 people say that straight up.

Teal said:
D.N.A said:
Posts like this are absurd.
Did anyone say they weren't going to buy the game? Did anyone even imply that?
I have seen at least 5 people say that straight up.

I already pre-ordered my copy of Y at gamestop! XD Want me some Gen VI Giant hands-for-wings-bird goodness! XD

DorianBlack said:
Oh god, stop it with the Gen. vs. Gen. arguing. People have different favorites, and that's okay. Saying you don't like someone else's favorite is fine, but saying that someone else's favorite objectively sucks is you being a jerk. Come on, people.

Sometimes things just have a bad design and anyone who likes it is just being ignorant. Now in this case I'm not talking about Mew+. Take a game like Sonic '06 for example. If it can be proven that something has bad design then liking it is just asinine. Again, not saying Mew-extra has bad design since we don't know anything about it but some things are bad and some are good. I'm saying that not everything is down to opinion.
This is looking at things objectively however, putting guilty pleasures and nostalgia aside.

I am so glad that for once the movie is going to be canon. The genesect army is constantly referred to in the N saga, and a genesect mewtwo battle has been anticipated for since the beginning of gen 5. I think giving mewtwo a new form (is it is a new form) breathes new life into mewtwo and brings it back into the limelight. If it is infact MewGaben, then it balances out the battle between 5 genesect and 1 mewtwo.

THIS CONFIRMS LIGHT TYPE!
Ok, hear me out! Psychic would be weak to Bug so that would pose a huge problem for Mewtwo, especially considering he might be fighting 5 of them. So, in order to overcome this he transforms into his new form. This form gives him a new type in order to combat the 5 Genesects. Light might not be good against Bug, but its going to be resistant!

OMG I CALLED IT!

You guys know what's funny? the Fact that almost all of were debating about if a remake of R/S/E will me made because there is so much emphesis on Rayquaza, Kayogre and Groudon, we failed to see the obvious ... There were a lot of emphesis on MEWTWO in the last few games aswell

godzilla41 said:
You guys know what's funny? the Fact that almost all of were debating about if a remake of R/S/E will me made because there is so much emphesis on Rayquaza, Kayogre and Groudon, we failed to see the obvious ... There were a lot of emphesis on MEWTWO in the last few games aswell

Not to mention is was the first big EX revealed in the TCG.

godzilla41 said:

Not all of us ;)

RS remakes were an absurd concept that clearly had no place in gen 5 (and I still actually doubt we will see "plain remakes" at all anymore)

And there was obviously something actually new still missing in the movie, I mean, I knew they wouldn't be satisfied with "the genesect is red" and "oh look mewtwo".

A good percentage of Mewtwo fanboys (skip the first 10-20 seconds)
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Eal4fep7pK4[/video]

Blui said:
A good percentage of Mewtwo fanboys (skip the first 10-20 seconds)
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Eal4fep7pK4[/video]

Best compilation of "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" in media I've seen to date! XD

Mitja said:
godzilla41 said:

Not all of us ;)

RS remakes were an absurd concept that clearly had no place in gen 5 (and I still actually doubt we will see "plain remakes" at all anymore)

And there was obviously something actually new still missing in the movie, I mean, I knew they wouldn't be satisfied with "the genesect is red" and "oh look mewtwo".

Personally, I want to see Ruby and Sapphire 2. While a straight remake would certainly get me going, I think there's more potential in a sequel. I mean, just stop and imagine the possibilities on the 3DS...

A-mazing.

Back