(1) 'Pokemon Smash' Reveals New X/Y Pokemon!

Water Pokémon Master said:
We should note that when Kyurem's new formes were officially revealed, they were also called "new Pokemon" rather than new formes. So, based on history, this is probably a new Mewtwo forme and Pokemon is trollin'.

I am SICK AND TIRED of these "forms." What are Pokemon now, Transformers?
With that being said, I DO like the design and will be very excited if this is something along the lines of a "Mewthree."
If not, I am disappoint.

Kecleon-X said:
Please, please let it be a new Pokemon instead of a Mewtwo forme... Please, don't do this to me... Don't destroy my childhood...
Settle down, Genwunner. You'll get over it in a few months.

Really, I don't see what the big deal is.
You like it? Cool, so do many others.
You dislike it? WAAAAAAAAH, IT'S UGLY, MY CHILDHOOD IS RUINED.

It's just a fictional creature. If you like it, use it. If you don't like it, don't acknowledge it. It's really that simple.

I for one, actually, really really love it. I hope it's Mewthree!

I mostly like it because it's refreshing, and looks more "futuristic", and am I the only one who isn't all crazy, head-over-heels for Mewtwo's design?

Eh. Really not a fan of the design, and in particular the giant tail head. I think I'd be more okay with it if it were a separate but related Pokemon rather than a new form though. I would have preferred them to reveal a totally new Pokemon last night.

I have a feelig that this is a new forme of Mewtwo and not a new Pokemon altogther. People seem to be forgetting TPCi's stance on all this. When TPCi releases info and new merchandise, you have to remember that it is catering to many fanbases, especially younger players who may have just been introduced to Pokemon in Gen IV or V. TPCi never advertises upcoming Japanese movies so a lot of the younger players will have no idea that Mewtwo is in an upcoming movie in Japan. Stating this new "Mewtwo" is a new Pokemon is their way of keeping speculation high as to what it could be. This model of revelations keeps the hype high. Saying that Black and White Kyurem were new Pokemon (rather than saying new forms) did the same thing. Not every Pokemon fan out there knows what's happening in Japan so TPCi needs to cater to those fans too.

PokeDan23 said:
I have a feelig that this is a new forme of Mewtwo and not a new Pokemon altogther. People seem to be forgetting TPCi's stance on all this. When TPCi releases info and new merchandise, you have to remember that it is catering to many fanbases, especially younger players who may have just been introduced to Pokemon in Gen IV or V. TPCi never advertises upcoming Japanese movies so a lot of the younger players will have no idea that Mewtwo is in an upcoming movie in Japan. Stating this new "Mewtwo" is a new Pokemon is their way of keeping speculation high as to what it could be. This model of revelations keeps the hype high. Saying that Black and White Kyurem were new Pokemon (rather than saying new forms) did the same thing. Not every Pokemon fan out there knows what's happening in Japan so TPCi needs to cater to those fans too.

Nice argument except you are wrong on one key factor. It's Game Freak that makes the decisions for new Pokemon and when and how they are going to release that information. TCPI handles the TCG not the games themselfs. I don't see how people keep getting this wrong.

Serperior said:
The artwork is not good. Anyone raised in the 90's and have seen the first movie in theaters has Mewtwo, (alongside nostalgia), connected to it, and would not want the original 150 touched in any way.
>original 150
>150
>not 151
So if you don't want the original Pokemon touched in any way, does that mean things like Scizor and Steelix are terrible, too? How about them having updated stats in gen 2, abilities in gen 3, or how about new moves?
They were perfect as they were.
Because things like Muk, Psyduck, Ditto, Exeggcute, and Voltorb are totally great and creative designs. Because Rhydon and Nidoqueen aren't practically the same design. Because Poliwrath isn't just Poliwhirl with an angry face. Because Magneton and Dugtrio aren't just three Magnemites and Digletts respectively.
I can probably speak on behalf of the good majority of the Pokémon community and say this is probably the worst thing that has happened to Pokémon. I am utterly disappointed.
You do realize that you can just not fudging use Mewnew. The fact that a new Pokemon that is most likely related to Mewtwo and not a new forme of Mewtwo exists shouldn't ruin anything for you. Get over your nostalgia.

Professer K said:
PokeDan23 said:

Nice argument except you are wrong on one key factor. It's Game Freak that makes the decisions for new Pokemon and when and how they are going to release that information. TCPI handles the TCG not the games themselfs. I don't see how people keep getting this wrong.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it not TCPi that runs the international websites like pokemon.com? I was referring to their decision to reveal the new Pokemon internationally. GameFreak did make the decision to reveal the pokemon, yes. But i'm sure TPCi had some say in the decison to reveal it to intetnational audiences. My post was talking about TPCi's decision to reveal the Pokemon at the same time as in Japan.

And I know that GameFreak is the one who is primarily responsible. Curb the attitude of your posts next time.

I have to say at first when the spoiler images where out, I disliked it, I thought it was a crude fan-based image designed for April Fools.
Come yesterday when I discovered that the new Pokemon is in fact a new Mewtwo form (more on that opinion later), I was shocked, in disbelief.
But the more I looked at it (it helps getting official artwork and character model), honestly, the more I began to like it. This character design is nothing new, I've seen it on characters (Most notably Super Buu Gohan Absorbed).
One of the things I needed to remember is, it's friggen Mewtwo. Mewtwo is the badass, the Alpha male, the creme de la creme of all Legendary Pokemon, especially with older audiences. If Mewtwo wants a form, he can have a form. Thats the glory of forms, you can have it any way you want, hell, I never keep my Deoxys outside of his DEF form, it's my favorite and I think it looks the least silliest. Giratina being part Ghost, I prefer him in his Alternate world state, Shaymin I prefer to keep it in it's original state because it's just cuter that way. So simply get mad at Pokemon X and Y for offering another form is like getting mad at Coca-Cola for coming out with a new flavor of Coke, you can still get coke, but if you want to try a new variant, here you go! I've seen waaaaaaaay too many people lose their cool at Pokemon over this.

Then there's the question of it actually being Mewtwo. I'm holding onto the hope that it is Mewtwo (As Mewtwo needs to reclaim his status as the most powerful after Jesus goat came by). But with the description they give about this "new Pokemon", it could possibly be another Mew clone. Pokemon has trolled us in the past with movie trailers being complete wrong about the actual film.
Prime example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPK-nwpHY1M

Either way. I'm excited, you should be excited, if not I hope you get excited... Here I come Pokemon X and Y

Cinesra said:
Because things like Muk, Psyduck, Ditto, Exeggcute, and Voltorb are totally great and creative designs. Because Rhydon and Nidoqueen aren't practically the same design. Because Poliwrath isn't just Poliwhirl with an angry face. Because Magneton and Dugtrio aren't just three Magnemites and Digletts respectively.

EXCUSE ME?

everyone in this thread makes me lol

It's funny because the same sucky, whiny, crybaby complaints every single time a new Pokemon is revealed:

"worst pokemon ever"
"looks like digimon"
"what were they thinking"
"guess gamefreak is out of ideas again!!"
"looks like <pokemon from previous gen>"

Another thing that makes it funny is that no matter what you have to say about the new Pokemon, you're still gonna buy the game (maybe even both) no matter how many of the new designs you "hate." How many of you said the same thing about gen 5 that you did about Newtwo (great fan name, stealing it until we learn what to call it) and still bought a gen 5 game?

And don't think you're off the hook if you just play online simulators; the point is you're playing the game (btw: you lost) with Pokemon you claim to hate.

I'll see the rest of you frauds in gen6land :>

PMJ said:

It's funny because the same sucky, whiny, crybaby complaints every single time a new Pokemon is revealed:

"worst pokemon ever"
"looks like digimon"

Another thing that makes it funny is that no matter what you have to say about the new Pokemon, you're still gonna buy the game (maybe even both) no matter how many of the new designs you "hate." How many of you said the same thing about gen 5 that you did about Newtwo (great fan name, stealing it until we learn what to call it) and still bought a gen 5 game?

And don't think you're off the hook if you just play online simulators; the point is you're playing the game (btw: you lost) with Pokemon you claim to hate.

I think Gen 6 is shaping up to be better than the last two so far! Still hate Princess Eevee though.

evilpacman said:
PMJ said:

"worst pokemon ever"
"looks like digimon"

I think Gen 6 is shaping up to be better than the last two so far! Still hate Princess Eevee though.

WHAT?! WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG WITH GEN V?! Gen IV yes, but GEN V?! Gen V was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than 4! (This is game-wise mind you.) For me, everything Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum did storywise, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald (which is still my favorite Pokemon game of the series atm) did better. And gameplay wise everything new added to Diamond and Pearl, Black and White took and added even MORE such as the hidden/new abilities and The Judge! The Judge in BW(2) is how they SHOULD have done him since Emerald!

And you are possibly the first person I've ever seen who dislikes Sylveon! How can you dislike something THAT adorable?! T-T

Well guess what guys...

tumblr_mkvadoXwE71s5mujoo1_500.png

PMJ said:

I'll buy the game but this certainly won't make me feel dignified doing it. This is also the first thing I don't like about X and Y so far. If all the other announcements turn out to be as bad as Mew+ then I'm not going to buy it.

I also didn't buy Black2/White2 because the previous games were so (so) bad.

I would only have a problem with this if it's a form. IMO, Mewtwo shouldn't have to pull a Freeza to defeat anything--he's the strongest non planet shaping Pokemon there is. I'm not saying Game Freak can't give him a new form, I'm just saying they shouldn't have to... that's just nostalgia talking though, not reason.

Design wise, I like it. (iirc I called it a monstrosity, but that's simply because I want my dear Mewtwo to stay the same. >.>) I have a soft spot for compact, agile Pokemon, and this fits into that description perfectly. The toes are a bit odd, but the spoiler on its head more than makes up for it. It gives off that space-y vibe that I can't help but love.

Regardless, oftentimes the best Pokemon aren't the best looking ones--they're the ones with character. Bagon, anyone?

Back