(1) 'Pokemon Bank' Back Up in Japan [1/21]

Dammit; for a sec there I thought everyone else had it. For now it's just Japan. ...not much surprise there, I guess.

I guess I'll save this reaction gif for later.

Did they just blatantly lie when they said that hacked pokemon wouldn't get through? I mean, seriously? Pick up your game.

Jakeremix said:
Did they just blatantly lie when they said that hacked pokemon wouldn't get through? I mean, seriously? Pick up your game.

Things aren't foolproof, but I thought with the online requirement they'd at least build out a big database of each Pokemon and what is and isn't legal/possible. Maybe that's too ambitious, haha.

Look on the bright side: Pokebank is at least being released. I'm so excited that it's finally making progress!

If there's anything I dislike more than RNGrs, it's blatant hackers with full shiny perfect IV teams, its just an insult to the game, the fanbase, and it's developers.

Ugh..... SERIOUSLY?! Japan got it 2 whole days early and now they've got it back with STILL NO release date for us?! WHY ARE WE GETTING ROYALLY SCREWED OVER LIKE THIS?! I just want to use my favorite Pokemon in Y and I can't because I'm not Japanese. That's pure cut bullshit that is. Just release it everywhere already! We've waited long enough god dammit! May Arceus unleash his judgment upon you jerks. -_-

I do find it rather frustrating that the rest of the world has been on hold for almost a month now and they release it first to the Japanese again. I am really tired of all the preferential treatment they get when it comes to pokemon. I really thought that when the release date for x and y was the same world wide I thought they would put an end to all of that but, I guess not. As far as pokebank goes they just need to release it to win back some of the fans because the way they have handled x and y has been mediocre at best. I mean there is so much wasted potential with this gen so far. I should start a thread about that.

Stephen Williams said:
I do find it rather frustrating that the rest of the world has been on hold for almost a month now and they release it first to the Japanese again. I am really tired of all the preferential treatment they get when it comes to pokemon. I really thought that when the release date for x and y was the same world wide I thought they would put an end to all of that but, I guess not. As far as pokebank goes they just need to release it to win back some of the fans because the way they have handled x and y has been mediocre at best. I mean there is so much wasted potential with this gen so far. I should start a thread about that.

I couldn't agree with you more!!! By the way...I love your signature!

I get why they did since a lot of people had already paid into their system (I mean my goodness we haven't even gotten a chance to pay yet and we're flipping out, imagine what they're doing) Do I agree with that? No not really, but I get it. Japan has always gotten preferential treatment-it IS the franchises country of origin. They get a lot of exclusives that many people would die for and even merchandise simply because they powers that be don't think it would sell well/be as popular/generate as much profit whatever the excuse may be. I'm desperately waiting for a statement from the heads of Pokemon at lest trying to damage control the massive PR nightmare this is/sort of is (?) IIRC transporter is tied to bank in the sense that you need to first use transporter to throw into bank an then bank to gen 6? I just wish they did another DL play sort if thing like BW...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kalyst said:
I get why they did since a lot of people had already paid into their system (I mean my goodness we haven't even gotten a chance to pay yet and we're flipping out, imagine what they're doing) Do I agree with that? No not really, but I get it. Japan has always gotten preferential treatment-it IS the franchises country of origin. They get a lot of exclusives that many people would die for and even merchandise simply because they powers that be don't think it would sell well/be as popular/generate as much profit whatever the excuse may be. I'm desperately waiting for a statement from the heads of Pokemon at lest trying to damage control the massive PR nightmare this is/sort of is (?) IIRC transporter is tied to bank in the sense that you need to first use transporter to throw into bank an then bank to gen 6? I just wish they did another DL play sort if thing like BW...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They haven't had to pay for anything yet since the free trail is still active and according to reports has been extended to Feb 21st.

I can't wait for it to be released here. I do have some hacked Pokemon. And would like to be able to keep them. I have no intention on trading them nor using them in online battles. They are strictly for me, and are pokedex filler I would never trade. I mean they never have Mew events, Nor some of the others. I had to travel from Sacramento to Seattle to get Deoxys that's ridiculous. I was able to get the GameStop event Pokemon.There for a while we didn't have internet and missed the Victini give away twice. I do understand that there are people who use outrageously over powered hacked Pokemon in battles, and that is absolutely unfair. So I can see why no one wants them.

S.A.M. said:
I can't wait for it to be released here. I do have some hacked Pokemon. And would like to be able to keep them. I have no intention on trading them nor using them in online battles. They are strictly for me, and are pokedex filler I would never trade. I mean they never have Mew events, Nor some of the others. I had to travel from Sacramento to Seattle to get Deoxys that's ridiculous. I was able to get the GameStop event Pokemon.There for a while we didn't have internet and missed the Victini give away twice. I do understand that there are people who use outrageously over powered hacked Pokemon in battles, and that is absolutely unfair. So I can see why no one wants them.

I think the reason hacked Pokemon are let through is cause the competitive game (the official one, not smogon's) has banned non kalos caught / bred Pokemon and probably wont lift that restriction. Therefor hacked Pokemon don't affect anything in competitive play.

Stephen Williams said:
I do find it rather frustrating that the rest of the world has been on hold for almost a month now and they release it first to the Japanese again. I am really tired of all the preferential treatment they get when it comes to pokemon.

Yes. How dare Nintendo release software for their own country before the rest of the world. Those scoundrels.

ECHOxLegend said:
If there's anything I dislike more than RNGrs, it's blatant hackers with full shiny perfect IV teams, its just an insult to the game, the fanbase, and it's developers.

Well actually that is quite a possible scenario. When Instacheck was around you could hatch perfect IV shinies all day every day. Also, if you have the patience, you could Masuda Method Perfects.

It MIGHT be up tom. As the US eshop updates then and we were supposed to get pokebank/transporter 2 days after japan did and as of right now its only been 1 day so it MIGHT be on tom.

PMJ said:
Stephen Williams said:
I do find it rather frustrating that the rest of the world has been on hold for almost a month now and they release it first to the Japanese again. I am really tired of all the preferential treatment they get when it comes to pokemon.

Yes. How dare Nintendo release software for their own country before the rest of the world. Those scoundrels.

I'm a man that loves sarcasm, but it is quite ridiculous to release a game worldwide and then release the apps for the game regionally. I assume they are still not sure if their servers can handle everyone at once, but then again Nintendo is still the only VG company that still region locks its systems.

Back