(1) 'Plasma Gale' Commercial Reveals 'Plasma Frigate' Stadium and Other Cards [8/25]

Plasma Frigate is format changing. Wow. That card is going to be crazy playable in our format where weakness plays such a large role. That Amoonguss also has some potential. 120 and a chance of Paralysis for two energy is pretty amazing. NVM, it only does 30 >_>

Might want to change the text on amoongus, as the attack appears to do a lot less than 120 for two energy. People are gonna think it's very broken.

Cool! That frigate is broken in this format. Hopefully we get something that makes it a little less broken. Excited to see rotom translation. That infernape looks interesting

Is it just me or is this set looking more and more broken? Plasma Frigate is going to change the game. Unfortunately, it will probably be for the worst. Only time will tell.

So now not only does Lugia EX take an extra prize card, but it has no weakness! BROKEN!

I do know one thing. I definitely want to make a Plasma deck! xD

Archeops said:
Cool! That frigate is broken in this format. Hopefully we get something that makes it a little less broken. Excited to see rotom translation. That infernape looks interesting

You mean something like Enhanced Hammer or Garchomps attack effect? =3

I love how this set turns out. First of there is Infernape, which is awesome, though it seems to be a stage two Reshiram with some cool twists...
Additionally, this stadium is pretty much balanced perfectly as long as recycle is the "best" way to get back special energy. It makes Plasma Energy a tool for Pokemon with common weaknesses which can only be attached once a turn... not bad but also not broken
Lugia EX seems to get better, but it still can't attack more then four times without Recycle abuse, and it still does "only" 120 damage which means no OHKO on EX and Stage 2's. And since this Energy will now see a lot more play everyone will begin to run Enhanced Hammer.

Additionally only fully evolved forms beeing Plasma Pokémon is great. This makes Plasma Ball, if it searches out a Team Plasma Pokémon, less broken and makes the Plasma Engine pretty balanced while not completely useless, since it would be the only way to search things like Infernape (^.^) without needing communication...

I hope this set will continue getting this awesome and will not have broken EX's >.<

Nice. I'm still dying to know what the other EXs are besides Lugia and Articuno.

Must. Have. Lugia EX!

JuStuPro said:
You mean something like Enhanced Hammer or Garchomps attack effect? =3

I love how this set turns out. First of there is Infernape, which is awesome, though it seems to be a stage two Reshiram with some cool twists...
Additionally, this stadium is pretty much balanced perfectly as long as recycle is the "best" way to get back special energy. It makes Plasma Energy a tool for Pokemon with common weaknesses which can only be attached once a turn... not bad but also not broken
Lugia EX seems to get better, but it still can't attack more then four times without Recycle abuse, and it still does "only" 120 damage which means no OHKO on EX and Stage 2's. And since this Energy will now see a lot more play everyone will begin to run Enhanced Hammer.

Additionally only fully evolved forms beeing Plasma Pokémon is great. This makes Plasma Ball, if it searches out a Team Plasma Pokémon, less broken and makes the Plasma Engine pretty balanced while not completely useless, since it would be the only way to search things like Infernape (^.^) without needing communication...

I hope this set will continue getting this awesome and will not have broken EX's >.<

Catcher 3 Pokémon with low HP. You have won the game with Lugia EX.

Roronoa Zoro said:
Catcher 3 Pokémon with low HP. You have won the game with Lugia EX.

Sure, but as soon as one Plasma Energy is prized and another one was hammered away you need at least one Recycle flip for heads to do it. I just think it's too early to scream broken...

Interesting stadium. I'm not impressed with any of Thr Pokemon though. Even Infernape seems like a joke. Two energy for 120 is fantastic but to discard both means u would be able to attack twice in a row without energy acceleration. And why bother with it being a Stage 2?
Druddigon's four energy attachments for 90 makes me cry. Love the Pokémon, hate this card! :mad:

Archeops said:
Cool! That frigate is broken in this format. Hopefully we get something that makes it a little less broken.

Putting down any other stadium?

Plasma's Frigate will be interesting when it starts seeing play in our format.I don't think it'll be broken because we have other stadiums EX Skyarrow bridge. That plus the fact you can only have 4 Plasma energy in a deck without recycle and Enhanced Hammer will likely keep this stadium from becoming broken. It might still be seen in some decks without plasma pokèmon just to negate weakness. Zeekeels and Darkrai Sableye might use it to improve their match-ups. This card might see play in decks that run Mewtwo EX to negate Mewtwo EX's weakness and prevent Ko's from your oppenent's Mewtwo EX.

xGallade said:
Nice. I'm still dying to know what the other EXs are besides Lugia and Articuno.

Must. Have. Lugia EX!
There are going to be only 2 more EXs in this set like in Dark Rush

All those cards look absolutely fantastic.
I love this high quality 3D artwork, great poses for most of the Pokemon. Reminds me of EX Team Aqua VS Magma, one of my favorite sets :)

one word, WOW

I mean before Lugia EX was okay, it attack was good and it could be charged easily, but since lighting types will still be used alot it was held back some. Now pokemon like Mewtwo EX, Zekrom, Darkrai EX, Lugia EX etc. etc. can all have no weakness Enhanced hammer is gonna have a work out trying to stop our sp. energies :p

The plasma engine just got broken. I mean, you could just make the DONK and then you will have no weakness.
We now have all the fully evolved fire starters except for typhlosion. You can even charge up infernape in 1 turn with colress machine or exp. Share.
So bad that there is a plasma frigate because I saw intersting crobat/lugia/virbank gym. I even planned of teching moltres for klinklang but with these the deck just have broken up unless I run 4 virbank 4 skyla.

Back