(1) 'Plasma Freeze' Scans!

I love this set, but the rarities of some of the cards are just stupid. I mean, really! Why was there a need to make Sableye and Quagsire a Rare?!

Superior Energy Retrieval... PUSA can go **** themselves.

At least they changed Flareon's attack to NOT Flare Blitz. Was AGONY seeing that one the card. T-T

Why must Ghetsis be a holo and not just a normal rare...

PUSA why are you doing this to me ;___;

Also lol @ Life Dew and Superior Energy Retrieval

I was lmao when I saw Primeape was a common. I never saw an evolution common before. I also think its kinda neat that Ghetsis is a holo.

Yay! Scans!

*begins compiling Top 10*

Oh, and Super Energy Retrieval becoming Superior Energy Retrieval is similar to Item Finder being renamed Dowsing Machine. The card was always Dowsing Machine in Japan; they probably just didn't want another Computer Search debate. The text that changed is mostly a matter of different reminder text/change in rulings outside of Japan. That is to say, until recently you were allowed to discard something and then target it.

I think Superior Energy Retrieval should've been made a supporter considering the energies go to your hand. Life Dew is interesting, but Computer Search is still a better Ace Spec for its searching power.

That Absol is pretty sweet.

67-absol.jpg

140 if they have a full bench? Not bad.

A Mawile card illustrated by Mitsuhiro Arita with an attack called "Big Ol' Bite"?
Hello, new favorite card.

53-deoxys-ex.jpg

Quick question, why doesn't the Ability read "...10 more damage to the Defending Pokemon"? I've been out of the loop on the way things are worded now, but Hydreigon still has "Defending Pokemon":

78-hydreigon.jpg

Chariblaze said:
53-deoxys-ex.jpg

Quick question, why doesn't the Ability read "...10 more damage to the Defending Pokemon"? I've been out of the loop on the way things are worded now, but Hydreigon still has "Defending Pokemon":

78-hydreigon.jpg

I'm pretty sure all of the attacks that do damage say "Active Pokemon" whereas the attacks with effects say "Defending Pokemon". I think it's that way because you can damage also yourself with attacks (Zekrom BW) so it's like Plus Power where you can damage yourself. The ones with effects say defending so it doesn't get confused with your active.

Just my theories if that makes sense.

Polaris said:

http://pokebeach.com/scans/plasma-freeze/67-absol.jpg

Check your math again.

Espeon hits the bench for Weakness <3
Idk how usefull that will be nowadays, but Drifblim FB was one of my favorite cards back in the day.

Mudkip711 said:
Polaris said:

http://pokebeach.com/scans/plasma-freeze/67-absol.jpg

Check your math again.

20 + 20(6)
=
20 + 120
=
140? Not seeing where the math went wrong there.

Oh. You're right. I was mentally comparing it to Jungle Wiggytuff's "Do the Wave" but I thought that was a 10x, not a 10+. Whoops.
120, then.

frezgle said:
Mudkip711 said:
Check your math again.

20 + 20(6)
=
20 + 120
=
140? Not seeing where the math went wrong there.

I'm sorry X) I was counting the opponent's active for some reason.
I don't actually play the card game, so I have an excuse.

Added a bunch of scans, still missing #38 Thundurus-EX, #52 Metagross, #57 Cofagrigus, #109 Heatran-EX, #110 Thundurus-EX, #112 Latias-EX, #115 Ghetsis, #117 Empoleon, #118 Sigilyph, #120 Garchomp, and #122 Ultra Ball. If you have any of these, please scan and e-mail them to [email protected] and we'll credit you on the front page. Thank you!

Back