(1) Placeholder for Kyurem Forme Found in 'Black' and 'White' Coding [2/2]

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Very exciting news. I wonder what it'll look like; maybe it'll have a different type (Dragon/Ice is kinda bad competitively speaking).

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
Confirmation of what many fans believed to be the truth all along.

One step closer to Grey.

Once again, reverse engineering of Pokemon games has put us one step closer to the ultimate question, the answer to which is 42.

edit: should probably add this:

Usually Nintendo's trend is to reveal alternate forms of Pokemon later on in the generations. (Well, at least that's what they did in Generation Four.) And although they delayed the forms for later in Generation Four - and thus left an excuse for the placeholder data, that doesn't explain why they did it for Generation Five.

It's tradition they would reveal the new form of Kyurem, if any, later. So why did they leave the data in? I suppose we may never know.

D.N.A

Aspiring Trainer
Very good sleuthing WPM, very good indeed... (and of course to the others that helped you!).

EeveeLv99

YouTube, Twitter, Xbox live: HangmanSwingset
I keep saying that a Kyurem forme could be DLC. If C-Gear skins can be downloaded, why not a forme?

AAPF

Aspiring Trainer
Hi, nice to post here :D
Good job and exciting news.
One question. Seems third column of Kyurem, it shoud be 2. not 1.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I just clarified that in the story. The "1" is the placeholder. This calls even more attention to the fact it was purposefully put in the game coding, since a "2" would mean it has "1" other forme (the Pokemon and its forme), like Shaymin and Giratina. All other Pokemon just have "0."

TacoTurtle

Aspiring Trainer
YES.

I can't wait to see Kyurem's new forme! Kyurem is one of my favorite pokemon already, and they usually try to make the new forme even cooler. Can't wait for more info!

Also as a side note, this undoubtedly means that there will be another Kyurem EX card featuring the new forme in the future. I know it will be in a long time, but maybe that will actually be really good so I can destroy with it. Yeah!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Whoops, accidentally erased it when I was making the HTML for the chart. It's there now.

Xous

Disappear to a place beyond seeing...
That's pretty interesting news. Should it hold out to be true (not that I doubt the decision to post the story nor do I doubt the reliability of the story, it's just I always have a tiny bit of healthy skepticism until the bitter end) it'll be a great find indeed. :3

Johnnieboilulz

Lombre is my homie
God Stone

This item is in the data of Pokemon Black and White. There's a stone for Zekrom, and there's a stone for Reshiram. Of course, this can be completely useless data (akin to D/P/Pt's Magma Stone or Loot Sack for example) or it can be evidence to a new Kyurem form.

And then the in-game legend that Kyurem is the remains/incomplete form of the dragon that was before Reshiram/Zekrom's split. As another member said before, Kyurem looks incomplete; the wings being different sized. Final piece of information - two hidden ice moves: Ice Burn and Freeze Shock. These can burn and paralyze respectively; similar to the other two dragon's dual signature moves.

Now these pieces of information are hypothesized that Kyurem (who's been speculated to be the third version mascot) will has another form. And then this excellent news source.

tl;dr - all information points to Kyurem getting SOMETHING in the new game; two moves are confirmed, and a new form looks better and better. Maddest of props to WPM, MeroMero, and Jade.

TheGuy

Member since '09
This is beautiful. Great Detective work to you WPM, and MeroMero and Jade. I think it great that we find one of these stories that isn't just announced. We were almost expecting a new form, but it's good to get some proof in the matter.