(1) Placeholder for Kyurem Forme Found in 'Black' and 'White' Coding [2/2]

Thanks WPM, MeroMero, and Jade! You guys rock!!! This is really "cool". Get it? "Cool"? Yeah, not my best. No need to rub it in... XD I'm wondering what the new form will be... Maybe it's ENTIRE BODY will be covered in ice! I'm super excited to see Kyurem V.S. The Sacred Swordsmen. I hope Pokemon gets a contract with Cinedigem again! :D (My sister and I STILL talk about it!)

Excellent, hopefully it'll be a boost over its current stats since they are not in line with the other two mascots. Maybe'll it become a pure Dragon when the ice comes off.

How interesting! Man now I just can't wait to see what he looks like!

Very interesting! I am excited to see what his new forme looks like!

Also, apparently Genesect will have 5 formes? Maybe he's a transformer or something. :eek:

Genesect has 5: the normal one, plus one more for each Drive (of which there are four). That totals five.

Sorry, but I have to do this:

Metalizard said:
I'll happily laugh at the face of the people who still doubt Kyurem will get a new forme when it is revealed...

Muahahahahah

Okay, now... Nice job finding this! Even more interesting is the fact they also did this placeholder thing with Giratina and Shaymin... Now this can be done with future gens too to find which pokémon will get formes in the future...

Well, great job WPM, Jade and MeroMero! I bet that there will be a Pokémon grey and a set around alternate form Kyurem(I'm gonna say F2 KYUREM, now). Its a marketing strategy. Pokémon will probly make F2 Kyurem be cool looking with good moves and stats but no synergy with anything. I sure hope that that doesn't happen. But anyway, this is what ive been waiting for!!! I cant wait for further news!!!!!

Ahh the days where everyone will be on the forums discussing the new games are approaching. Can't Wait

But seriously great find. I don't think Nintendo can lie to us now they have made a big mistake if they are trying to cover something up. seriously

Just confirmed that Rotom also had the placeholder data in DP. So it looks like their formes were planned long ahead of time. This also probably means that only Kyurem will get a new forme this generation.

This was not necessary as just designwise it was made to look incomplete and weak. Its asymetrical in the wierdest places, it is supposed to make you think "this needs an upgrade", along with the hidden moves and intentionally crappier stats where everyone would expect 680TBS...
But
Finally someone has proven the obvious.
If theres still going to be anyone who thinks nothing will happen to Kyurem, then there is seriously no hope for humanity.

EeveeLv99 said:
I keep saying that a Kyurem forme could be DLC. If C-Gear skins can be downloaded, why not a forme?

I keep saying that it cannot be.
C-Gear and events are not new data, they are adjustment of the save file. Its like saying you can make a new pokemon appear in the ROM (read only memory) just by using AR cheats.

Mitja said:
Its like saying you can make a new pokemon appear in the ROM (read only memory) just by using AR cheats or pokesav.
Yes/No. You can do most of it with pokesav, but only through a means that we are not allowed to discuss here. The problem would be getting a custom sprite into the game. Pokesav actually can access some of the stored data inside the game. For example, you can switch the pokemon's sprites using just pokesav.

But enough with that. Tbh, I'm not surprised at all, but it's very interesting to see that we had the answer this whole time. I always had a feeling that D/P had proof of Shaymin and Giratina having forms.

scuba steveE said:
Yes/No. You can do most of it with pokesav, but only through a means that we are not allowed to discuss here. The problem would be getting a custom sprite into the game. Pokesav actually can access some of the stored data inside the game. For example, you can switch the pokemon's sprites using just pokesav.

But enough with that. Tbh, I'm not surprised at all, but it's very interesting to see that we had the answer this whole time. I always had a feeling that D/P had proof of Shaymin and Giratina having forms.

I assumed its editing the save file only, given its name..not actually a rom hacking tool.
The point still stands.

Just like every one else, I saw it coming. Can't wait to see what he looks like! I say we all walk the dinosaur in celebration!

Logically, if there's no sprite in BW for a new forme, the forme will be exclusive to Grey (and other games following it), not downloadable like C-gear skins...

Not to seem like a Debbie Downer here, seeing as I think the prospect of a new forme as awesome, but isn't the kind of news story that would tick Nintendo off? I remember the fiasco with the BW sprites/names before the games came out. The threat of site shut down was ominous at best. Releasing info from the game coding like this seems like it would get on the bad side of their legal department again.

It's not against the law to mine information from a publicly released game. And who cares if Nintendo gets ticked off? They can't sensor information that anyone can access.

Water Pokémon Master said:
It's not against the law to mine information from a publicly released game. And who cares if Nintendo gets ticked off? They can't sensor information that anyone can access.

Unless PIPA and SOPA end up successful :p

This is very interesting. Between the movie poster hints, the hidden God Stone, Ice Burn and Freeze Shock, and now this, there is no way Kyurem won't have an amazing new forme. Anyone else notice the BW Pokedex says "Kyurem used to eat people", but it's mouth is frozen? I think that is what the White version Pokedex says, and Black Pokedex says something about "Kyurem's ice leaking out and freezing it's body", so maybe the new forme won't be frozen? Also, the movie trailer calls Kyurem "the most powerful dragon", so maybe the new forme will be super powerful, and Kyurem will be among the strongest Pokemon. 4th gen through in the almighty god of Pokemon "Arceus" to match Mewtwo (but official resources still continue to call Mewtwo the strongest, even the new Mewtwo mini-site on Pokemon.com), so a new powerful Pokemon coul show up anytime.
Why would the Pokedex end on 649, one away from 650, halfway to 700? Maybe Zekrom/Reshiram combo will become a real Pokemon, not just a dragon mentioned in the story of Unova and the legendary dragons?

Mitja said:
C-Gear and events are not new data, they are adjustment of the save file. Its like saying you can make a new pokemon appear in the ROM (read only memory) just by using AR cheats.

Does that mean that every C-Gear skin has already been made and put into the Black/White game cards? (Does that also mean we can get that Purrloin C-Gear skin drawn by that woman hosting Pokémon Sunday?)

Wasn't missingno a placeholder sprite?

does this revelation mean missingno type shenanigans are possible with kyurem's alternate form?

Back