(1) OMG TO THE EXTREME: 'Pokemon Black 2' and 'White 2' Promotional Short [5/15]

I am starting an online petition to get this turned into a real anime, but I need help.

It says I need 2 to 3 paragraphs explaining why we want this and why people should sign it. I really suck at this sort of thing, so does someone want to write something up for me? I'd really appreciate it.

EDIT: Someone ban the troll above me. Thanks.

I saw this yesterday on FB via a friend of mine. I have no words to describe this except for pure awesomeness.

I would give my left hand for this to become an anime. I need the right one to drive xD

Even if this was a 25 episode anime, it would be damn worth the whole 15 years of Pokémon Anime that we know.

Trexroarr said:
I am starting an online petition to get this turned into a real anime, but I need help.

Someone was faster
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/alternate-pokemon-anime/

lol
not like this will actually change anything, but its interesting to see peoples reaction to a short promo like that, all screaming for the same thing.

To be honest, I always took the Pokemon saying their names bit as part of the humor of the shows in general. However, I think something on the lines of what this short displayed would probably give any Pokemon related anime better appeal. It looks cool and feels like it's serious for a change instead of just the same old bullroar of Ash and Pikachu journeying through new regions. Seriously, this is what we need to be watching in the US! It'd definitely shrug the nonsensical (sp?) and almost strictly child-oriented of the current stuff in a heartbeat.

Um...woah. The detail and non-kiddish anime part of that trailer was amazing. It was so different! I'm not sure if i'd like the whole anime to be like this or not, but it sure is a great take on the Pokemon anime for sure!
I do wish kids' anime looked like this though.

AnimeUSA said:
Um...woah. The detail and non-kiddish anime part of that trailer was amazing. It was so different! I'm not sure if i'd like the whole anime to be like this or not, but it sure is a great take on the Pokemon anime for sure!
I do wish kids' anime looked like this though.

How don't you know if you would like the anime to be like this or not? It would be far far far better if it was like this instead of Ash going around with 2 people doing nonsensical things :\

Pokemon has no plot. There is no history on the current Pokemon show. It's Ash with Pikachu, going to a new region every time, getting badges, going a little further on Pokemon League and failing and then he does it all from the start on a new region.

The manga on the other hand has a story. A story that follows the games and adds more stuff. All games are connected, all generations as well.

Um, wow, WOW, WOW!!!

I watched this thrice (thanks for posting the subbed version Nutter.tKK) and then posted to facebook and texted a handful of friends!! It's that's jaw-dropping anime that we, as older fans, deserve! Heh- ALL FANS DESERVE THIS!!

If Pokemon were to release a complete series in this artstyle that follows the manga, I would actually BUY it on DISCS!

Does the style look like BLEACH to anyone else? I heard Naruto mentioned but not BLEACH.

I really don't like how that petition words things. Some people make it sound like pokemon needs to be adult or extremely dark and gritty. Sure they could spruce up the anime, make it a bit darker, but still make it appeal to both kids and adults. I think shifting the focus is an extremely ludicrous demand.

If Pokemon did aim for a darker tone, switched the style up to this, sure, it'd be nice. Though the people expecting "OMIGOD IT NEEDS TO BE LIKE HELLSING" need to realize: Pokemon DOES still target kids, and teens (they did so with re-burst but ehhh, wasn't a smart move), and I think balancing it to a teen audience works for both adults and kids, as any age range can watch it and be satisfied. Sure I think it'd be nice to have a bit of a darker side in the anime, and it adds some drama, but it doesn't need to aim at adults. Will blood and violence turn Pokemon mature or take it away from the kid audience? No, it won't. If anything making it way too dark would ruin it and those who wanted it would complain, and ya know what? you guys got what ya wanted and didn't like it, tough luck. Pokemon has quite a few dark and disturbing moments, even in the pokedex entries and story implications, specifically in the games. I don't get why some people really do go all out and say "OMIGOD IT NEEDS A T OR M RATING" because you'd have to be extremely out of touch with Pokemon to make that claim, if anything- you either don't know how to read, or you're someone who enjoys blood and gore, you should really get that checked by a psychiatrist by the way.

Adventures was a good balance of between being a kids series and an adult series, it was just right in the middle of teen. That level of mature is something that can easily work, and I feel it should at least have some influence in the pokemon anime to make it a lot more interesting. People seem to forget that adventures is lighthearted too, so it's high-time it got noticed for that too.

tl;dr: A balanced anime would be nice, no one needs a "mature" or "adult" Pokemon anime.

Ty_Sylicus said:
I watched this thrice (thanks for posting the subbed version Nutter.tKK) and then posted to facebook and texted a handful of friends!! It's that's jaw-dropping anime that we, as older fans, deserve! Heh- ALL FANS DESERVE THIS!!

If Pokemon were to release a complete series in this artstyle that follows the manga, I would actually BUY it on DISCS!
Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

I did the actual subtitling on that file, It's says Nutter t.kk in the last second, btw. (I am the same Nutter from Serebii.net (this is an old avatar I used there.))

Dragon Master Ryuuji said:
I really don't like how that petition words things. Some people make it sound like pokemon needs to be adult or extremely dark and gritty. Sure they could spruce up the anime, make it a bit darker, but still make it appeal to both kids and adults. I think shifting the focus is an extremely ludicrous demand.

If Pokemon did aim for a darker tone, switched the style up to this, sure, it'd be nice. Though the people expecting "OMIGOD IT NEEDS TO BE LIKE HELLSING" need to realize: Pokemon DOES still target kids, and teens (they did so with re-burst but ehhh, wasn't a smart move), and I think balancing it to a teen audience works for both adults and kids, as any age range can watch it and be satisfied. Sure I think it'd be nice to have a bit of a darker side in the anime, and it adds some drama, but it doesn't need to aim at adults. Will blood and violence turn Pokemon mature or take it away from the kid audience? No, it won't. If anything making it way too dark would ruin it and those who wanted it would complain, and ya know what? you guys got what ya wanted and didn't like it, tough luck. Pokemon has quite a few dark and disturbing moments, even in the pokedex entries and story implications, specifically in the games. I don't get why some people really do go all out and say "OMIGOD IT NEEDS A T OR M RATING" because you'd have to be extremely out of touch with Pokemon to make that claim, if anything- you either don't know how to read, or you're someone who enjoys blood and gore, you should really get that checked by a psychiatrist by the way.

Adventures was a good balance of between being a kids series and an adult series, it was just right in the middle of teen. That level of mature is something that can easily work, and I feel it should at least have some influence in the pokemon anime to make it a lot more interesting. People seem to forget that adventures is lighthearted too, so it's high-time it got noticed for that too.

tl;dr: A balanced anime would be nice, no one needs a "mature" or "adult" Pokemon anime.

What if we DO WANT a more MATURE pokemon anime, I personally think there should be 2 Animes like Pokemon: Chronicles that was brilliant cause it wasn't about Ash/Satoshi, his story is boring and uneventful, no cheracter development whatsoever, he himself keeps dirgessing as a character and in intelligence with every season, so i think its time we move on...

Honestly Pokemon NEEDS to be a bit darker and grittier for the Adults that still enjoy the show,

Honestly i compare this to My Little Pony: Friendship is magic and how while the show in itself is for "Everyone" the fanbase keeps pushing the envelope in clever ways to make appeal to older people like with all the memes, fanfics and fanimations...

Pokemon needs this kind of medium and they need to get more in touch with the fanbase kinda like Hasbro did... i strongly dislike the fact that those people at Gamefreak act like we don't exist...

Ty_Sylicus said:
Does the style look like BLEACH to anyone else? I heard Naruto mentioned but not BLEACH.

Not really, the style of art reminds me more of Naruto Shippuden than Bleach. However, I've recently been watching Shippuden recently and haven't seen Bleach in almost a year, so I may have forgot what Bleach looks like.

Tobi_Akatsuki said:
What if we DO WANT a more MATURE pokemon anime, I personally think there should be 2 Animes like Pokemon: Chronicles that was brilliant cause it wasn't about Ash/Satoshi, his story is boring and uneventful, no cheracter development whatsoever, he himself keeps dirgessing as a character and in intelligence with every season, so i think its time we move on...

Honestly Pokemon NEEDS to be a bit darker and grittier for the Adults that still enjoy the show,

Honestly i compare this to My Little Pony: Friendship is magic and how while the show in itself is for "Everyone" the fanbase keeps pushing the envelope in clever ways to make appeal to older people like with all the memes, fanfics and fanimations...

Pokemon needs this kind of medium and they need to get more in touch with the fanbase kinda like Hasbro did... i strongly dislike the fact that those people at Gamefreak act like we don't exist...

I said balance, as in yes it needs to be a bit darker and grittier, but not over the top like people tend to think sometimes.

I'm not saying that we need to see blood on the level of Hellsing, but a little bit of damage would be appreciated. Attacks normally leave some minor marks, but pokemon are living creatures as well, they have blood flowing trough them so having cuts and bruises would be normal and a good addition.

Not to mention that the: I'll believe in the weaker ones and do things like I'm a person is getting tiresome.

Red does this, Gold as well, even Yellow does this, but they all get to a point that they realize: I've got to up my game or else I'll be useless.

They get stronger, while not changing Pokemons that much.

And the story of BW is a good story, has N even made an appearance on the anime yet? Or team plasma for that matter? No they haven't or if they have, I haven't really seen them. Before we had Team Magma or Team Aqua and even Team Galatic. Up to this point only Team Rocket was used...

Making a new anime, a different anime would be so much better. Team Rocket from the manga is evil. There is no Jessie and no James, there's only truly evil bad guys who do experiments on Pokemon, that injure Pokemon and don't have any care about it on the world.

Mask of Ice didn't care how he got things as long as he got them. Archie and Maxie could care less about other types of Pokemon as long as their favorites were protected and Cyrus only cared about destroying everything and making a world from scratch. While on the current show, they're like, lets try to do this, but not seriously try.

On this special movie we can see the direction the game will take and having this animated would be so much better!

Plus having an anime from a game isn't bad. It's only good. Look at Tales of the Abyss. And much more. Many more.

I've been saying for a long time in my circle of friends, if they ever decided to create a Pokemon anime that followed the manga, I would fully support it.

----

The studio animators claim that they have low budget, well, that only happens because they're doing a crappy job. Make a better job, create something that will make the fans go crazy and you have bigger incomes allowing you to make even better things.

If studio pierrot was the studio doing the anime, we'd get this sort of animation always.

Hopefully, it will be an anime show, if it is my goodness, Pokemon's wallet is going to be full of money. Trust me. lol

I know next to nothing about business, but I can gaurntee that if GameFreak replaces this, the money income will be HUGE.

Back