(1) Nintendo to Announce a New Game Tomorrow - Pokemon? [2/21]

I could see it very easily being Gray, possibly with a silhouette of Kyurem alt. Forme, especially with the hint Junichi Masuda dropped us.

I'm so sick of people calling it Grey/Gray. If this indeed is a Pokemon game announcement and it is the 3rd game in the series of the main series games of Generation 5, I hope to Arceus it isn't called Gray/Grey.

But, I can't wait for the announcement regardless.

Seaman

For when it happens, livestream is here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nintendo-direct-2012-2-22

100 bucks it's called something like "Pokémon: Hail Blizzard" or something. Pokémon Gray just feels so bleh.

Nobody should expect this to be anything Pokemon-related. Nintendo never announces Pokemon games first, especially not a main game like Gray. Game Freak has always let CoroCoro do that. We've had Nintendo Direct before; it's not for Pokemon.

I'm really hoping for a Grey announcement. And hopefully they use localized spelling for each of the countries! Not to diss any other counties but grey will always have an "e" for me.

Ya'll sure its a pokemon game and not a new Mario or Donkey Kong game? :p Highly doubt its a new pokemon game, didnt they just make a Pokémon spinoff game? Waaay too soon for a "pokemon grey" IMO. If they did release a pokemon grey, wow they'd really be rushing it big time. Maybe its a spinoff game again? Or possibly a R/S remake? I would love a remake of those!!! ^-^

>>>>>‘Black’ and ‘White’ Sequel To Be Announced on ‘Pokemon Smash’ This Week? Monday, February 20th, 2012 @ 1 AM PST - I really thing when they said " sequel to pokemon Black and White" they were talking about a sequel to the movie, Black and White-the one last year with Victini, not a sequel to the Black and White games.

hmmm just a hypothisis here, if they did make an alternate form of Kyurem, wouldnt it be too similar to giratina like copying it? Also if they so make an alternate form they will likely show it in the new movie, like having it tuck in its arms and legs making it more jet-like that'd be sweet! ^-^ I think if they did that, they wouldnt make it to put it in a "pokemon grey" but as a downloadable event thing for the movie.

This isn't going to be a Pokemon announcement.

High Chance: That new 2D Mario, the new Zelda, new mainstream series game
Mid Chance: WiiU's new name, more info on it
Low Chance: Nintendo 3DS Lite
Not Happening Chance: Pokemon Gray, Pokemon R/S/E Remake, Pokemon Spinoff - that's what Sunday's for

I'd love it if Luigi's Mansion 2 or Animal Crossing were given a release date.

Didn't Nintendo report that the 3DS was their best/fastest selling system since the Gameboy?
Either way, just gimme a Pokemon 3DS game Nintendo...
a bazillion Mario games later and all I get is a 3D Pokedex thats never updated

I think you need to edit the news post, ever since August of last year the 3DS has not only been the best selling system every week (typically by about double the units of the second best seller) but it is THE fastest selling system of all time. Just because the first few months were bumpy doesn't mean they still are.

Johnnieboilulz said:
This isn't going to be a Pokemon announcement.

High Chance: That new 2D Mario, the new Zelda, new mainstream series game
Mid Chance: WiiU's new name, more info on it
Low Chance: Nintendo 3DS Lite
Not Happening Chance: Pokemon Gray, Pokemon R/S/E Remake, Pokemon Spinoff - that's what Sunday's for

I'd love it if Luigi's Mansion 2 or Animal Crossing were given a release date.
It's a game announcement.

Playerking95 said:
I'm so sick of people calling it Grey/Gray. If this indeed is a Pokemon game announcement and it is the 3rd game in the series of the main series games of Generation 5, I hope to Arceus it isn't called Gray/Grey.

But, I can't wait for the announcement regardless.
It's the most logical name to go with, it makes perfect sense in context with Kyurem and they copyrighted the name.

The third version is just a more complete version.
From the technical side it's no real difference, just some new data and story, why would you expect them to do something huge like changing what system it runs on all of a sudden?
Its not like the 3DS doesn't play DS games anyway.

Shiningmilotic said:
if they did make an alternate form of Kyurem, wouldnt it be too similar to giratina like copying it?

Giratina was fine, while Kyurem is made for a new forme.
It's improving a formula that works.
There is no such thing as copying your own work anyway.

Yeah, I'm not expecting a Pokémon game announcement. Interesting to see what'll be announced, though -- the 3DS' library hasn't been enough to sell me on buying one, but depending on how things go in the next few months I might consider it.

I believe that Pokemon Gray will also be available for the DS. Not many people have a 3DS and if it does come out specifically for the 3DS it won't get as many sales. Besides that, I am looking forward to this announcement, but am doubting they will be announcing an upcoming Pokemon game; we will just have to wait and see.

According to the SwapNote sent out by NoA, the same announcement should be released tomorrow at 6 AM PT/9AM AT.
Which means there probably isn't any news for Pokemon D:

Minor bone to pick with you. The 3DS, relative to life cycle, has outsold the DS. 16.1 million in 9 months is nothing to sneeze at. It hasn't sold less than 200,000 units a week worldwide since mid-October. It's outsold every other gaming console every week since early December.

If that's less than enthusiastic, then the rest of the gaming industry must be in complete freefall.

bullados said:
Minor bone to pick with you. The 3DS, relative to life cycle, has outsold the DS. 16.1 million in 9 months is nothing to sneeze at. It hasn't sold less than 200,000 units a week worldwide since mid-October. It's outsold every other gaming console every week since early December.

If that's less than enthusiastic, then the rest of the gaming industry must be in complete freefall.

Exactly what I came to bring up. Just like to add:

"Nintendo announced on Monday that as of February 19, 2012, the estimated number of sales to consumers of its Nintendo 3DS handheld system had surpassed 5 million units. While it took the Nintendo DS and Game Boy Advance 56 and 58 weeks, respectively, to reach this number of sales, the 3DS accomplished it in 52, making it the fastest gaming system to sell 5 million units in Japan. "
(Source: ANN)

Just because it doesn't seem to be "flying off the shelves" or something doesn't mean it's doing bad. Quite the opposite. :/

@Metalizard and Ice Arceus: I do agree with you about hoping the third game to Black and White isn't 3DS exclusive but their is precendence for it. When Gold and Silver came out it was for the Gameboy and could be played on Gameboy Color as well. But when they released Crystal it was only for the Gameboy Color, which made me have to get a Gameboy Color to play Crystal.

And of course they released Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald when they released the Advance.

And Diamond/Pearl/Platimun when they released the DS. I was surprised they didn't release a new system with the release of Black and White to be honest.

Back