(1) Nintendo E3 Conference [6/7]

P0KEVORTEX said:
I hope that they release Mario Kart on WiiU too, since I don't have a 3DS and don't want one because of all of the health conditions that they cause.
I've personally had no health issues. Also, you're totally free to turn the 3D off, and you don't have to put the slider all the way up. They gave the choice to choose your depth for a reason.

i really want to get a 3ds because of the the orcarina of time 3d but i know if i was playing a classic game remade into 3d thered be no way to get me from not playing it, id be addicted and probably blind. o_O

Juliacoolo said:
Controllers that will cost 100$ or so will make multiplaying suck, money wise.

Let's not be hasty here...

We have confirmation that Wii Remotes can work alongside the new controller. Multiplayer will still be a fun, hectic experience. Now if GC Controllers won't work with the new SSB...then I will be disappointed lol.

Overall, I thought Nintendo's E3 was generally good this year. They didn't have to show very much to get people mega excited, but I am quite disappointed that their lineup for the WiiU was lacking considering it could be coming out before E3 NEXT year. I have faith more will be shown in the coming months, and I am excited to see some of the endless possibilities in action (as well as a closer price point).

dmaster out.

Well Gamecube games work with the new system, so I'm going to make a heavy guess and say that GC controllers will work with SSB :p

EDIT: heh heh, Gamecube doesn't need to be mentioned.

Super Smash Bros. on the 3DS? Blasphemy. If they're gonna put it on the 3DS they'd better do it right and I swear to god it had better not be a port of the Wii U one.

PMJ said:
Super Smash Bros. on the 3DS? Blasphemy. If they're gonna put it on the 3DS they'd better do it right and I swear to god it had better not be a port of the Wii U one.
Watch it be a port :p

I suppose it'll be a "port" by some definition. They did say that they are looking into making the 3DS and Wii U versions work together.

It is a fact that the 3DS and WiiU versions of the new SSb will interact. They probably will be a port, though. :p I will just go for the WiiU one, I don't like 3DSes.

Wow this new system is going to be awesome since that means I will be able to play Smashbros even when someone wants to watch the news or something. I want this one rather than the standard Wii now. When is this expected to be released? This is epic. This also means I can even play Gamecube and other stuff too. Will this be compatible with all DS systems too? If so I will be able to do so as well. Also what is the wireless range on the controller? If it is 10' that will be great XD.:)

Reggie of Nintendo of America mentioned in an interview with G4 that it'll be coming out sometime after March 31st (they'll still be focusing in existing systems for the time being). No definite date or price.

Asrialys said:
Reggie of Nintendo of America mentioned in an interview with G4 that it'll be coming out sometime after March 31st (they'll still be focusing in existing systems for the time being). No definite date or price.

After the end of the fiscal year. Cool.

I am unimmpressed with the new system. Let's analyse the gimmicks.

1. Playing game while someone wants to watch TV.

First of all, I have my own TV. Well, I understand that everyone doesn't. So I'll point out the other flaw. If I want to play Nintendo when I can't use Wii, I could simply, I don't know, PULL OUT MY HANDHELD DEVICE. Making a Purposely unportable system portable? I don't get.

2. Sketchpad.

I'll just, again, pull out my HANDHELD, go on Pictochat, Flipnote, or a drawn to life game/other art games. Or I can Pull out an ACTUAL SKETCHPAD.

So far, I'm not impressed. Only thing that might make me buy it right away is SSB.

sorry Wii U-- looks like I'll be sticking to my 360.~
There is no way I'd ever buy both a 3DS and a Wii U.
The controller is the size of a freaking Leapster (those tubby gaming toys for eight year olds).

Hey WPM, just to let you know it does NOT support the GameCube at all:
http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=15654

And as for everyone else I don't understand the complaints I'm hearing again. Only reason people complained about the Wii was really the lack of HD Graphics like the 360 and PS3, and now that we finally got it, I'm still hearing stupid complaints? MAKE UP YOUR MINDS.

So far I'm actually quite impressed with the system with the games I've seen for it (All of which I'd expect straight from the 360 and PS3 instead). I can probably afford both the 3DS and Wii U, since I'm getting the former for Christmas this year and the latter for my High School graduation next year. I was originally planning on either a Laptop or 360 as my Graduation present, but after seeing the Wii U I've pretty much ditched every other possibility there since now I have the processing power I like on a Nintendo system, which because I can name so many more games for a Nintendo system that I'll play, the point of buying a 360 or PS3 now is void to me, and both are starting to feel meaningless.

The whole play when someone wants to watch tv concept is kinda pointless for me cause I have my own tv in my room that I use for games. It's also what I do on xbox when I want to talk to my friends and watch tv. I just change the channel :L
Pokemon will work great on the WiiU, with the menus on the controller and game on the tv!

I am not impressed, but I am not unimpressed. Its a very Nintendo console. What will sell it is the games. A new Zelda, a new Smash Bros., hopefully and probably a new sort of PBR, Metroid, etc. Just hope that they'll roll out a very comfortable traditional controller for those of use not wanting a rather large, and square "iPad". I don't know why they want to make menu's more 'convenient'(like in the Zelda photograph). I found menus like the Zelda N64 games to be quite easy and quick to navigate. Is pressing pause to go to a menu really that stressful for people?

Back