(1) Nintendo 3DS Drops to $170 Starting August 12th [7/28]

OKAY GUYS HERE'S A HUGE TIP. It's possible to be in the ambassador program AND get the price drop. Just do what I did. Got to best buy, ask them if the price drops within 30 days if you can get the difference (which they will say yes to) buy it, connect to the E-Shop, get in the ambasador program, keep the reciept and at August 11th. BAM. You just saved money, and get 20 free games. That's what I did.

hipoke said:
OKAY GUYS HERE'S A HUGE TIP. It's possible to be in the ambassador program AND get the price drop. Just do what I did. Got to best buy, ask them if the price drops within 30 days if you can get the difference (which they will say yes to) buy it, connect to the E-Shop, get in the ambasador program, keep the reciept and at August 11th. BAM. You just saved money, and get 20 free games. That's what I did.

Way to not read the thread lol. I mentioned that already. :p
Just make sure you're retailer doesn't have any signs up for the price drop, or they might not honor it.

i was playing with the 3ds in a shop. and believe me it did't play that very well i hope when a new 3ds comes out they have made it to play it like a ds lite.

I just thought. 3DS ambassadors will/get 21 free games, because, if you bought it before 31st of one month(around the time of the 3DS shop), you could download 3D classic game Excitebike for free! Another plus for buying it early 8)

if i waited for the 3ds i'd get it for less, but i wouldn't be an ambassader and get free games...for once it's a win win situation by nintendo!

Nintendo also announced a Flame Red version
http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/08/10/7321661-down-but-not-out-nintendo-shoots-for-3ds-comeback

Flare Red is beauuutiful:

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

I picked mine up in July (the JP version, came out while I was over there). Probably the prettiest of the released ones. I'd love if they released the purple or orange ones they had on the showroom floor at E3 when the 3DS was first announced.

Interesting that MSNBC would be supporting the 3DS. Then again, Microsoft isn't making any handheld gaming devices, so I suppose they have no reason to go against it.

I suppose that's one way to tell if someone is part of the Ambassador Program or not: If they have the Flare Red 3DS, they're not. Wait, since Flare Red is already out in Japan, and the 3DS is region-locked, does the Ambassador Program work in Japan the exact same way they work here? If they do, then I suppose there WOULD be Flare Red 3DS owners as part of the program.

Is the ambassador program available? Its August 11th and I connected to the eshop and nothing happened? What am I supposed to do?

Did you receive a message? There should be a message under the Notifications section of the main menu. (It's the green speech balloon near the upper-right of the bottom screen.) The Notification is called "Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program."

I'd still take my aqua on over the Flare Red one any day. But if there'd be a pruple... maybe not... But an organge!!!! So going to gamestop xD

Ophie said:
Did you receive a message? There should be a message under the Notifications section of the main menu. (It's the green speech balloon near the upper-right of the bottom screen.) The Notification is called "Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program."

I will check. Thanks for the help. :)

viper.fox said:
Flare Red is beauuutiful:

I picked mine up in July (the JP version, came out while I was over there). Probably the prettiest of the released ones. I'd love if they released the purple or orange ones they had on the showroom floor at E3 when the 3DS was first announced.

Love the red, but I'm still hoping for that orange one! If it comes out I'm giving my current 3DS to my brother and buying instantly.

I wonder if you would be able to transfear all you data over to another 3DS? Cause if i like bought another one, I'd have to redo all the stuff I all ready did on the older one. (i've completed the Find Mii to get all hats, Unlocked 4 Nintendo Master Pieces, Unlocked every thing in AR card game, and all my other games i've downloaded!) Would you be able to just switch the SD card out and still keep all you info stuff?

Yeah, you can do this. You can't do the same from a DS to a 3DS though, to my dismay.

Back