(1) Nintendo 2DS Announced [8/28]

Shining Raikou said:
Back on topic people, this isn't a computer usage debate.

As people seem to not get it, it was mocking the claim that DS's should be for 12 year olds and above, therefore PC's should be for 20 year olds and above, because if you are under that age, you don't use your PC wisely, using up all the hard drive space, slowing the computer down, and downloading viruses.

Do I have to put the sarcasm smiley for people to understand it? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Videoland said:
Cinesra said:
You do realize that you can just turn the 3D off, right? I don't see why an optional feature is a good reason to not buy it.

Yeah, I own a 3DS... But if I could choose between two consoles, and one was more expensive and had a feauture that I will never use which one do you think I would choose? (assuming the cheaper one didn't look like shit, which 2DS does :/)

Yes, but the 2DS was just recently announced. You said that you haven't bought a 3DS, which has been out for like 3 years, only because of an optional feature.

Raptor9229 said:
Water Pokémon Master said:

Why do we need a 2DS? we already have those *points at the older DS systems*

Lol, the 2DS is much more powerful in graphics and features than the older DS systems... They simply couldn't make fully 3D games for the DS.

I can understand making a cheaper system but this thing looks like a 99 cent tetris game made love with a door stop lol. I am a poorer consumer without a 3DS (part of this thing's demographic) and I don't think I'd buy it. I'd rather by a normal 3DS used for around the same price. I might have gone for it if it could at least fold. v.v smh Nintendo.

Maybe you should just wait for used 2DS:s if you are that poor. You'll probably get them for like 50 bucks in a few months.

Teal said:
Maybe you should just wait for used 2DS:s if you are that poor. You'll probably get them for like 50 bucks in a few months.

Well I'm not insanely poor, just less well off. But I can definitely see this thing's price (new and used) dropping relatively fast.

I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this, and i know it but here it goes.

I love the 2ds. The only downside I see is that it doesn't fold. I'm no where near getting a 3ds (I only have about $90-$100 saved, and started saving when g6 was announced) and I will always keep the 3d off. So spending a few more months to save ~$40 more to get a version with a feature I won't use doesn't make much sense. :p And for it not folding, there's $5 screen protectors for that. :D

Axell Starr said:
I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this, and i know it but here it goes.

I love the 2ds. The only downside I see is that it doesn't fold. I'm no where near getting a 3ds (I only have about $90-$100 saved, and started saving when g6 was announced) and I will always keep the 3d off. So spending a few more months to save ~$40 more to get a version with a feature I won't use doesn't make much sense. :p And for it not folding, there's $5 screen protectors for that. :D

No flack, I get your point of view. Everybody's entitled to their own opinion. Also my main problem with it not folding isn't the screen getting scratches (although that is a legitimate concern, like you said, it is easily solvable). The issue I have is its portability. Which is one reason I never really liked the XL DS systems (that and the ridiculous price tag on the 3DS XL). This thing is so big it can't fit in your pocket. Maybe some people can throw it in a book bag but isn't one of the points of a portable handheld to be able to just put it in your pocket? If I'm going to buy a portable system I want to be able to take it outside without having to bring a book bag with me. Of course I'm only speaking for myself and my opinion. :)

SynxS1N said:
No flack, I get your point of view. Everybody's entitled to their own opinion. Also my main problem with it not folding isn't the screen getting scratches (although that is a legitimate concern, like you said, it is easily solvable). The issue I have is its portability. Which is one reason I never really liked the XL DS systems (that and the ridiculous price tag on the 3DS XL). This thing is so big it can't fit in your pocket. Maybe some people can throw it in a book bag but isn't one of the points of a portable handheld to be able to just put it in your pocket? If I'm going to buy a portable system I want to be able to take it outside without having to bring a book bag with me. Of course I'm only speaking for myself and my opinion. :)

I don't know how's in your country but here in Portugal the difference between a regular 3DS and a XL is just 30€. I mean, that's less than most games! o_O Hum okay, put more 9,99€ for the charger. xD
Anyway, is the price difference that big (where you live)? =S

I've heard the 2DS is really nice to hold in your hands, despite its clunkiness and lack of folding - so says a guy at my card shop who has one.
Is this true?

Drokas said:
SynxS1N said:

I don't know how's in your country but here in Portugal the difference between a regular 3DS and a XL is just 30€. I mean, that's less than most games! o_O Hum okay, put more 9,99€ for the charger. xD

Well it's about the same difference over here ($40) but I can't afford to spend $150+ on just a system. That's about how much I will have to buy the system and the game.

SynxS1N said:
Drokas said:

Well it's about the same difference over here ($40) but I can't afford to spend $150+ on just a system. That's about how much I will have to buy the system and the game.

I'll only have exact change for the system, and not buying the game. My boyfriend talked me out of getting the game and instead getting the system, so i think he's getting the game for my birthday, which is shortly after the game release.

SynxS1N said:

A lot of people can't afford to spend over $150 USD on a system (though a lot will and suffer the financial consequences). Even a $40 USD price break is a huge plus for these people. The most obvious being parents buying for multiple young children. If you've got three kids around the right ages, then that's over $100 saved.

DNA said:
I've heard the 2DS is really nice to hold in your hands, despite its clunkiness and lack of folding - so says a guy at my card shop who has one.
Is this true?
How'd he get it? Wasn't it supposed to come out alongside Pokemon X/Y? Anyways...
I've seen many hands-on reviews, and it doesn't look that bad. It reminds me of the WiiU game pad...but smaller. If you want you can read this.

Otaku said:
SynxS1N said:

A lot of people can't afford to spend over $150 USD on a system (though a lot will and suffer the financial consequences). Even a $40 USD price break is a huge plus for these people. The most obvious being parents buying for multiple young children. If you've got three kids around the right ages, then that's over $100 saved.

Amen to that, I'm all for saving money. My preference is just the normal 3DS so I can fold it and used its about the same price of a 2DS.

Axell Starr said:
SynxS1N said:

I'll only have exact change for the system, and not buying the game. My boyfriend talked me out of getting the game and instead getting the system, so i think he's getting the game for my birthday, which is shortly after the game release.

I feel your pain with being low on cash. It'd be pretty awesome of him to get you the game. Hope he does.

Guys you must realize thar 3DS are by far not cheap $170.00-$200.00 is a lot of money. That is like a 1/3 of a rent payout or a grocery bill or something else that equals that. The 2DS is not cheap either. If you want a cheap DS get the DSL XD. That is about the same price as a GBA if you can still buy those. Not everyone can afford a 3DS let alone food guys.:)

xxashxx said:
Guys you must realize thar 3DS are by far not cheap $170.00-$200.00 is a lot of money. That is like a 1/3 of a rent payout or a grocery bill or something else that equals that. The 2DS is not cheap either. If you want a cheap DS get the DSL XD. That is about the same price as a GBA if you can still buy those. Not everyone can afford a 3DS let alone food guys.:)

You do know X and Y won't be playable on a DS system that is earlier than the 3ds, right?

Back