(1) New Sword-like Pokemon, Hitotsuki [7/4]

Eagle4 said:
original.jpg

Mmm

For me, the design is the worst so far out of all the XY pokemon, except for Froakie. However, it is still a pretty nice design, which just goes to show how good the standard of designs have been for XY. It seems like everybody is hyped for an evolution of this to "improve the design", but I don't think it'll get one. It already looks evolved enough! I see it as a nice mix between Chimenco, Cofagrigus and Bronzong.

The only real negative of this pokemon is that it's got the best defensive typing in Pokemon. A little strange that I see it as negative, don't you think. Well, for an awesome typing such as that, I really hoped that we would have a badass pokemon to introduce the typing. Sadly, we have an average design which could be forgettable pretty soon.

Lastly, I want to open up the possibility of a shield counterpart.Wouldn't that be interesting? A sword more offensively-orientated, and a defensive shield.

I find bronzor and bronzong being the shield. This leads me to believe he will in fact evolve.

One of the shapes on the sheathe looks like a trinity symbol with the top one stretched.

Or a fish, if you look at it sideways.

Either way, it's neat. I like they made it blue, or at least the sash and the eye. The blade looked blue in the 'pre-confirmation' pic, which was cool, but it's actually grey. I think they should have made it blue. Unless, of course, it glows/fades in and out of color. Then it's not so bad.

Anyone else upset that Jinichi didn't choose Calais or have any of the south of France? IMO, those are the best bits, as Paris is a dump and those other places aren't that nice either, as if you're going to do France, at least choose the NICE bits of France.

Finally, a sword Pokémon! I've always wanted one, and the fact this one is inspired by haunted weapons definitely adds some bonus points. If it gets an evolution(s), I hope it's (/they're) awesome, with high Attack stats.

I was actually going to make a sword (and shield) Fakemon eventually, and now it seems I won't have to. Neato. :D

My first reaction to this was negative, that it was another stiff-looking, forced, inanimate design whose movement makes no sense.

Then I noticed the big blue eyeball. And I was totally sold. It's the Soul Edge pokemon.
souledge.jpg

I also really like how the holes in the sheath interact naturally with the lines on the blade to form an angry face. That's clever. And holy cow, is the animation in that video smooth as silk or what? If all pokemon look that good in 3D, these games will be amazing.

Also, we learned something very important from that video. If Masuda shows up for vacation in your city or country soon after the completion of X/Y, you'll have a fair idea of where the next Pokemon games are going to be. ;)

Er.....lets just say I dont like it. I showed my husband, he laughed so hard he peed.

Im still getting X version though, I just wont catch that pokemon, er, ghost sword.

I love the design now that I see Honedge's bevels form a face when placed in the scabbard. That's crafty.

I like him now. He takes some getting used to but he's not bad. Servine is infinitely worse. I'm hoping it evolves into a Pokemon wielding a Honedge, kinda like Beldum -> Metang -> Metagross.

PMJ said:
I'm hoping it evolves into a Pokemon wielding a Honedge, kinda like Beldum -> Metang -> Metagross.

Not gonna lie, that would be pretty sick.

Speaking of Honedge, it totally reminded me of this scene from Aladdin.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCahPTDXgJY[/video]

Delta Nite said:
"Seeing this, the Pokémon disappeared
to a place beyond seeing..." (this part always gives me thrills)

Not sure if this is Honedge's origin tough.

Yes that's cool. I agree with that origin.

To me, I like the Honedge, sure the name and form is a bit left to be desired, but the scabbard design and idea of the Honedge itself makes me like him.

The typing is awesome too and I do believe this Pokémon will get an evolution, but only 1.

shinysearcher said:
I just noticed something.

Look at the official artwork and zoom it greatly until you can see its eyes (in the sheathed form it looks like if it has two more fake eyes) ...Look hat the shape it sorrounds every "eye" ...it looks like a spiral... or a 6. And there are three of those.

Is this Pokemon #666?? I highly doubt about it, but the sixes and the ghost typing are blowing my mind

That's an interesting thought. I had noticed the 'swirls,' but now that you're bringing up the Pokémon #666, I'd actually like it if it was in fact #666. They do resemble 6's.

The sword looks pretty cool,

MEET HEXCALIBUR!

Seriously, that is the only logical nickname anyone can give it XD (got the idea from someone else on a different thread)

Lol, Hexcalibur. The only problem I'd have with that name is that we already have an Excavaliar and it would be way too similar.

I kind of like the concept of it evolving into something that holds a Honedge. Or, even better.. just came up with this concept on the spot, but imagine if it does in fact have a shield counterpart. The shield and the sword can combine and evolve into one Pokemon holding Honedge and the shield Pokemon, or things that clearly resemble them (similar to Slowbro/king). They could evolve by having them both in your party and doing a certain thing. Furthering that concept, they can both have separate evolutions as well that just evolve via level up. Think of combining Slowbros evolution method (anime-wise, or for a better one for the games think of Mantine/Remoraid) combined with Karrablast/Shelmet.

Just my idea. :p

Zielo said:
Lol, Hexcalibur. The only problem I'd have with that name is that we already have an Excavaliar and it would be way too similar.

I kind of like the concept of it evolving into something that holds a Honedge. Or, even better.. just came up with this concept on the spot, but imagine if it does in fact have a shield counterpart. The shield and the sword can combine and evolve into one Pokemon holding Honedge and the shield Pokemon, or things that clearly resemble them (similar to Slowbro/king). They could evolve by having them both in your party and doing a certain thing. Furthering that concept, they can both have separate evolutions as well that just evolve via level up. Think of combining Slowbros evolution method (anime-wise, or for a better one for the games think of Mantine/Remoraid) combined with Karrablast/Shelmet.

Just my idea. :p

Escavalier, not Excavalier, still though, Hexcalibur would be perfect as a nickname for one of these things I just hope it evolves into a king arthur or lady of the lake type thing, ok that is now getting off topic or is it since it still deals with the sword like pokemon?

Hmm, I may be getting a bit confused here. Although I can totally see Honedge using Shadow Claw (It is a sword, Shadowclaw would make sense in that way too).

I really don't get why people complain about a sword pokemon, the design is just friggin sweet.

Raptor9229 said:
Hmm, I may be getting a bit confused here. Although I can totally see Honedge using Shadow Claw (It is a sword, Shadowclaw would make sense in that way too).

It's a sword, not a claw. We'll probably see moves along the lines of Cut, Slash, Night Slash, Fury Cutter.. etc.

I read this in another forum and wanted to share.

Someone wrote about how both "hitotsu" (Hitotsuki) and "mono" (Monorpale) mean "one" in English (H-one-dge lol). May this be a hint that the pokemon will definitlely evolve into something else? My guesses are that it will evolve into 1. Dual Wield Sword 2. Double-Edged Sword 3. Something that follows the mono- bi- tri- line in any aspect (this third guess came across my mind, werid enough, because of the pattern in the lower section of the sheath)

What do you guys think?

Eh, the name is disappointing. I don't know what I was expecting, though, as the names haven't quite lived up to the designs; however, it isn't as bad as Talonflame!

shinysearcher said:

Someone wrote about how both "hitotsu" (Hitotsuki) and "mono" (Monorpale) mean "one" in English (H-one-dge lol). May this be a hint that the pokemon will definitlely evolve into something else? My guesses are that it will evolve into 1. Dual Wield Sword 2. Double-Edged Sword 3. Something that follows the mono- bi- tri- line in any aspect (this third guess came across my mind, werid enough, because of the pattern in the lower section of the sheath)

What do you guys think?

The seemingly random use of 1 in both the japanese AND french names (and perhaps even english unless thats coincidental) is very curious indeed.

It could be due to the fact it has a single eye..but I don't think they would go for that unless it changes to another number upon evolution.
We can't know whether the next number would be 2 or 3 or 6 or.. but at least that's a serious hint towards at least one evolution.

shinysearcher said:

What do you guys think?
Don't rule out the Zoro (from One Piece, not legend of Zoro :p) multiple sword styles (ittoryu -> one sword style, nitoryu -> twosword style, and santoryu -> three sword style). I doubt this will be a sword version of magneton (even if it doesn't skip a stage to get to 3) but I don't think we need to be ruling too much out. I still believe there may be some form of wielder/ed evo at some point down the line. Additionally, what you're pointing out about the numbers in the naming wouldn't be the first occurrence (dEINo, ZWEIous, hyDREIgon containing the german for 1,2,&3)

Back