(1) New Sword-like Pokemon, Hitotsuki [7/4]

scattered mind said:
That was just an example I just wanted to say that its ability must have something to do with sword dance

No Guard, that's close enough. But something like that was to be expected.

Michael said:
I hope it evolves into a katana blade. Ghost types for inanimate objects are by far my favorite of the sort as they seem possessed by the spirit.

I still wonder, are there myths or even folk tales of spirits possessing swords I.E. the spirit of the sword's owner possessing the sword in real life? Can someone check that for me because that may be Honedge's origin.

I think as someone posted a while back that the origin of honedge is the story in the canalave library about the knight who went around slaying pokemon and met up with a pokemon he was chasing and was taught the error of his ways and dropped his sword in a mysterious area.

The Last Raven said:
It's called Honedge in English from what I've heard
Old news is quite old. The thread just hasn't been renamed to reflect it. You are correct though.

There's no real mythology I know of about possessed swords, but it's a popular theme in more modern fantasy of the past century or so.

I really think Honedge is a standalone Pokemon...I can't see something evolving into it or it evolving. I hope it does but I can't see it

Zaqix said:
I really think Honedge is a standalone Pokemon...I can't see something evolving into it or it evolving. I hope it does but I can't see it

As a fan of Castlevania as soon I saw Honedge and started thinking about a possible evolution it came into my mind an enemy found in those games - Ruler Sword - that is a main sword with a small few others around, kind like Magnemite and Klink line.
An image of Ruler Sword: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101204044740/castlevania/images/f/f8/Spectralswordlv1-1-.gif

I don't think it's going to evolve, but if it does I'd like it to be a haunted suit of armor wielding honedge.

Honedge is one of those really interesting pokemon. While it's background is a little obscure, when all comes together the result is quite spectacular.

I enjoy the design of it a lot, it has it's stand alone form and then it's battle form. (Which it's really not even considered a form I guess)

I know i'll catch it but I doubt i'll actually use it in a battle, there's other Ghost Types that take priority.

Back