(1) New Sword-like Pokemon, Hitotsuki [7/4]

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
AdamantKaiiya said:
http://i.imgur.com/6tUFtFY.png I think this fits here

wow

There is one problem with the Charizard one, it is a dragon but it is not a dragon type. Also I find it funny that the link explains what I was talking about.

Raptor9229 said:
Xeryd said:
When I first saw it...I was like wow that doesn't look like a Pokemon, but I guess all Pokemon don't look like Pokemon at one point xD

I kind of find it funny how people complain how its design and name are crappy and forget that every generation had crappy names for pokemon and crappy designs as well. That said with all these animals we have not even hit the tip of the iceberg for things to base pokemon on yet, well we are at the very top of the tip but we are nowhere close to being at 10 percent of the iceberg of things to base pokemon on. The ghost sword thing is probably based on a myth/legend of a sword with its user's spirit inside it.

Anyone who says that Honedge does not look like a pokemon must remember that Nidoking does not look like a pokemon either. It looks like something from a Godzilla movie instead. They are hardly running out of ideas for pokemon and Honedge just proves it. (seriously it is about time that we get a sword pokemon)

I think I might be over thinking things here.

True. Nidoking's design is based on that of Baragon, one of the lamest kaiju of all time. Also, Tyranitar was based on Godzilla himself.

But really, I see nothing wrong with this Pokemon. I like the concept and I like the details that went into it. I hope that when it evolves, it will bear a resemblance to Bishamon from Darkstalkers.

http://darkstalkers.wikia.com/wiki/Bishamon

CoroCoro is coming out 2 days early!
Rangunn.png
Let's see if they bring any info on that move Honedge used in the French version of Masuda's message.

yeah that's great news i really hope for evo of helioptile and some great other pokemon after waiting for an month.

but if you look at the coro coros everytime we get more pokemon leaks when we come closer to the release of the game

so I was thinking and I realized that in its sheathed form it looks as though the other 2 circles are also eyes but just closed perhaps this could be a hint that it will evolve I mean with the emphasis on putting one in the name of it and all

hyenabite said:
so I was thinking and I realized that in its sheathed form it looks as though the other 2 circles are also eyes but just closed perhaps this could be a hint that it will evolve I mean with the emphasis on putting one in the name of it and all

The emphasis is used because of all the legendary swords in legends and stories that are "the one sword", like Excalibur, Kusanagi etc. Someone mentioned that the japanese name does that more obviously.

hyenabite said:
Hmm everyone said that was to make it look like a mean face. BUT THIS is just as convincing. Maybe the "eyes that aren't really there" could open and the final form is a three eyed sword lol.

Edit: This sounds sarcastic I think, but it's not.

I really think this guy looks pretty sick. Epsecially that fanmade art somebody posted a couple pages back. I love how it becomes sheathed and unsheathed; one of those little things that just makes it a whole lot cooler.
But I'm not sure if the sheathing and unsheathing is simply an animation in battle, an attack, or form of some sort. Anybody know?

Oh, and mine is going to be named Hexcalibur. That's what it should have been in the first place.

Imagine this thing in the anime. I wonder how it'll be implemented. Imagine what it sounds like. lol
I think it's really ugly. I like a lot of the other 6th gen Pokemon better.

Keeper of Night said:
It better evolve into my dream Ghost pokemon of a haunted suit of armor.
What about Golurk...?
Either way though, it's nice to see this type combination confirmed on a pokemon.

edit:
Just noticed it has a darker-looking face, and another, lighter-looking face. Maybe different forms? Or just two sides of the same pokemon?
hitotsuki.jpg

Psychic Destroyer said:
Keeper of Night said:
It better evolve into my dream Ghost pokemon of a haunted suit of armor.
What about Golurk...?
Either way though, it's nice to see this type combination confirmed on a pokemon.

edit:
Just noticed it has a darker-looking face, and another, lighter-looking face. Maybe different forms? Or just two sides of the same pokemon?
hitotsuki.jpg

They're the same Pokémon, but Honedge can sheath itself with it's scabbard (up top) and unsheathe himself when in battle, his ribbon like hand holds the scabbard during this time (below).

scattered mind said:
Maybe its ability will make swords dance raises its atk and s.atk

Would it matter? Probably not. It's a sword, ergo high attack, low special attack.

Pokequaza said:
scattered mind said:
Maybe its ability will make swords dance raises its atk and s.atk

Would it matter? Probably not. It's a sword, ergo high attack, low special attack.

That was just an example I just wanted to say that its ability must have something to do with sword dance

scattered mind said:
Pokequaza said:

That was just an example I just wanted to say that its ability must have something to do with sword dance

By that logic vanilluxe must have an ability to do with ice creams.

leecario said:
scattered mind said:

By that logic vanilluxe must have an ability to do with ice creams.

Yes, but are there any ice cream attacks?

I hope it evolves into a katana blade. Ghost types for inanimate objects are by far my favorite of the sort as they seem possessed by the spirit.

Back