(1) New Pokemon Revealed on 'Oha Suta' [6/28]

Fire_Master said:
I just hope they introduce new pokemon to replace geodudes, tentacools, zubats, and the like. Not exactly "clones" of said pokemon vets, just some new faces to spam the wild grasses. Zubats especially get on my nerve. >.>
exactly i get tired of only finding geodudes and zubats in caves

Fire_Master said:
I just hope they introduce new pokemon to replace geodudes, tentacools, zubats, and the like. Not exactly "clones" of said pokemon vets, just some new faces to spam the wild grasses. Zubats especially get on my nerve. >.>

Exactly, tentacool is the worst offender of this imo I mean I can't surf three feet without running into one and it makes me go crazy and it's a really bad feature for the game. However if I were to run into some epic pokemon that interests me everytime I see it... then yeah, it'd be better

Rockoto said:
@Loyal Lucario
Whoa, a lot of stuff you got there.
But why bash the triple battles? We know it is mandatory, so why complain?
Also, why does everyone think the marmalade tardigrade is a grass type?

Mainly because there are to many pokemon out on the field, and it kind of ruins the strategic approaches, it would all be up to luck mostly, but oh well, I'll see how the whole thing turns out, i'm not really bashing it though, just think its not a good idea, its not like I hate it.

I don't know why people hate on these designs so much, just like (probably different) people did for every other generation. Honestly, only the nameless black doll thing seemed like a bad design to me. I REALLY like the sarcophagus, and will have it in my party with Crocodune. {F}

Majora_787 said:
I don't know why people hate on these designs so much, just like (probably different) people did for every other generation. Honestly, only the nameless black doll thing seemed like a bad design to me. I REALLY like the sarcophagus, and will have it in my party with Crocodune. {F}

The sarcophagus is the weirdest thing ever. Before Pokémon took the shape of the objects (Rotom), but now the Pokémon is IN the object itself? I really don't understand. I also hate Lady Gaga, the Probopass looking one is pretty bad too. I am starting to LOVE the green blob a lot. It also seems Axe Dragon Ononokusu will be the Rampardos of Gen V.

FuzWuz said:
The sarcophagus is the weirdest thing ever. Before Pokémon took the shape of the objects (Rotom), but now the Pokémon is IN the object itself? I really don't understand. I also hate Lady Gaga, the Probopass looking one is pretty bad too. I am starting to LOVE the green blob a lot. It also seems Axe Dragon Ononokusu will be the Rampardos of Gen V.

I don't see how that thing looks like Nose/Probo pass except for the coloration.

And the green blob is cool too.

Anyway, I don't see a problem with a pokemon that's in an object. I mean, we have things similar to that, such as Forretress... Burmy... Wormadam... Cubone... Marowak... It's PROBABLY like Spiritomb. Only, instead of being sealed to a rock, it's sealed in a coffin?

The Sarcophagus kinda gives me the spooks. Call me a pansy, but...ugh lol. Just thinking of spirits and stuff sealed up inside....I mean, Spiritomb was ok but he didn't represent death as clearly as this guy does.

I think these new games will have a slight darker or more matured theme, but again, only time will tell.

Majora_787 said:
I don't see how that thing looks like Nose/Probo pass except for the coloration.

And the green blob is cool too.

Anyway, I don't see a problem with a pokemon that's in an object. I mean, we have things similar to that, such as Forretress... Burmy... Wormadam... Cubone... Marowak... It's PROBABLY like Spiritomb. Only, instead of being sealed to a rock, it's sealed in a coffin?

Those Pokémon you just mentioned, the objects itself were a small part. And I guess I won't completely judge it just yet... I really don't have much to say about Desukaan. It just doesn't seem all too promising to me.

A few small things: love the new pokemon, hope the rest of the new pokemon are as cool/cute etc.

Also, people were wondering about the infra red. The DS and DSi DIDN'T have IR, it was actually the HG/SS gamecards themselves that connects with the pokewalkers.

And anyone going "OMG _____ move will be broken/gamebreaking in 3v3 battles" hasn't thought about a few things yet. Any moves that hit mutliple targets at once split the damage: this means your earthquakes and explosions will be very weak once you add up 5 potential targets. Add in levitate/flying/ghosts/protect etc, and those moves lose most of thier appeal. In actual fact, the moves everyone will be used to using will be somewhat less effective in a 3v3 metagame. Your entry hazards only threaten 3 pokemon on the opponents team (not counting switches), and weather can hurt you as easily as help. And the games are going to be faster, since ganging up on one pokemon is already common in 2v3 battles.

I cant wait to try these games! I am going to spend a lot of time in the dessert looking for mr coffin (not koffing ;p).

Xen~

Has anyone else noticed that maybe with the Mole pokemon, the 1/3 drill piece on it's head seems to maybe connect with the other two 1/3 pieces on its hands to create a full drill that encases it's head and hands?

I like all of them for exception of the blue and red thing next to flubber the pokemon.

Also I really hope the sarcophagus pokemon is ghost/steel, that'd be awesome.

And as to the goop pokemon ghost and either grass or water seem to be the case, seems pretty cool

The green pokemon now seems to me like a fetus/larval state when still in the translucent egg of some thing like a frog or fish or other sea creature. I really hope water/ghost then. Or maybe a water bear as others suggested, I can really see that. This is so exciting! Can't wait to see all of them and find out what they're based on-the not so easy to tell at least lol.

WhitexFalcon said:
hey man you from gamefaqs? they talk about Hiun City being NYC a lot.

Hiun is more likely based off of Hong Kong than New York.

no,,im not,,,find that video on youtube and just intrested in it~

it's based on Hong Kong? i dont know this before,,thanks man,,:D

Very interesting information. Each bit makes me more excited for the new games! I know this is late, but my computer has been high maintenance for the past couple of weeks. I'm so happy to be back! Onto my review...

Ononokusu/Mantis: I like this one, potential pseudo-legendary? I could see why people have been making connections from it to Sandslash.
Doryuuzu/Mole: Possibly my favorite so far, not exactly sure why. I really like the design. Reminds me of Gen 3.
Desukan/Sarcophagus: A very interesting design. Very unique. I like it. Hopefully we'll see the front side of it soon so I can give a real review.
Denchura/Electric Tarantula: Very cool looking, again I won't be able to have a real say until we see its front.
Moguryu/Mole Pre-Evo: Looks decent, can't have a real say until I see it in full.
Green Frog-Like Pokemon: Quite the strange design. Reminds me of Gen 2.
Middle Rock-Like Pokemon: Another one of my favorites, looks similar to Nosepass in terms of color scheme.
Right Ghost Tower Pokemon: A strange looking Pokemon. I immediately think of Mawile, Jinx, and Meditite whenever I see it.

I'm not too crazy about the triple battle feature, but I can't exactly judge it yet until I get to actually try it out. Overall, I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far for Black/White.

Xous said:
Well, I caved and sketched three of the Pokémon. xD Of course, I won't be starting full body art for them until the Sugimori art is revealed.

Generation_5_Pokemon_Sketches_by_Xous54.png

Those are amazing! :D

Xous said:
Well, I caved and sketched three of the Pokémon. xD Of course, I won't be starting full body art for them until the Sugimori art is revealed.

Generation_5_Pokemon_Sketches_by_Xous54.png

Those are pretty awesome.=P

Anyway, the ones I had mentioned DID have the objects act as only a small part. Which is why I said 'like'. They AREN'T exactly the same, which is why I like this. It uses something that has happened before, and emphasizes it.

I have yet to see something that is just so terrible that I could never ever love it. I haven't seen anything like that since Smeargle.

...Cool new POKeMON are cool. Jk, but really, I cant wait to see all 150 new POKeMON...their designs look better than Sinnoh I can say..

It'd be nice if that crystal blue and red pokemon replaced geodude as our resident cave pokemon. If only we could spot out one for zubat...>.<

Fire_Master said:
It'd be nice if that crystal blue and red pokemon replaced geodude as our resident cave pokemon. If only we could spot out one for zubat...>.<

We only have 22 pokemon revealed. I know that the mole could replace Diglett, and the blue thing's prevo could maybe replace Geodude... What about Onix? He's pretty popular with caves himself.

When do you guys think we'll get some details on these guys? Especially front views of the coffin and tarantula.

The pokemon are really interesting and i think that they are really good and different, also three vs three battles is really interesting more strategy but i think a little bit more confusing

@Majora_787: With this sudden reveal on a variety show, I have a good feeling that either

1. These new pokemon, the shooter and the triple battle feature will be elaborated upon on the main site *before* this PS

2. PS will elaborate a little more on it, with the main site going into more detail *after* PS airs

It's really just down to those 2 options, since the mere thought of it being next month's corocoro makes me laugh.

Also relating to the video: Remember when the starter selection was shown? I have a theory on how we receive the starters this time around:

In both generations I and II, the professors lived in our hometown, and with that our character had known the professor well. Hence, it was only natural for them to give us our starters as they did: an invitation to their lab and a choice before our rivals.

In generation III, quite a few things happened which revolutionized the series. Although of course with some setbacks, such as the day/night feature being taken away. Regardless, Hoenn was the first region to break away from the Kanto vibe in the sense that it was practically an island situated far away from Kanto *and* Johto. With that, it allowed for less overlap of existing pokemon in this region, i.e. pidgeys and ratatas on the first route in Johto. -_-

The way we received our starters changed as well. First off, our character and his family were new to the region, which almost set in a sense of realism to the game being that vets of the franchise were also new to this region that had no links to Kanto, as Johto had. Yet the professor remained in our "home town", if you will, albeit with a very interesting twist.

Up until recently with Rowan, our professors have gotten more and more inexperienced in comparison with the original, Oak. Both Birch and Elm were young minds who, naturally, made significant progress in their own regions; Elm with his studies on pokemon egs and Birch on his studies of pokemon in the wild. This time around, however, our Hoenn professor had to be saved. By us.

The pattern continues into Sinnoh, where instead of having to save Rowan, an experienced even to the point of intimidation professor, we have to save ourselves; granted our rival is present as well.

In the video, the starters are seen being found within a wrapped green present-box. Let's suppose that Professor Araragi is not located in our hometowns, which would follow the logical pattern of Hoenn and Sinnoh as professors become more and more detached from your own birthplace. Wouldn't it then make sense that the professor *sent* you these pokemon to choose from as a gift for either an important date such as your birthday or as thanks for a deed?

It has already been confirmed that our characters are older than past ones, and it shows in their faces and attire. There are rumors that our father in-game is an archaeologist of some sort. Whether it is true or not, let's assume that either way, our characters have a father that is active in-game. Perhaps the professor is sending you this gift as thanks for something your father did, or maybe she was asked by your father to give you a pokemon so that you may visit him, or something to that extent.

My only problem with this theory is this: if it is a present to our characters, what happens to the other two starters? But for right now, the professor handing your a wrapped present in person, perhaps even in her own lab, sounds very unlikely to me.

And that's that.

Back