(1) New Pokemon Revealed on 'Oha Suta' [6/28]

SPM3 said:
What is with all the people saying "I know I'm not buying these games now". You idiots can't possibly make your judgement at this point in time. Making such a drastic decision is just ignorant. I'm sorry, but you people wouldn't be satisfied no matter what they did. You complain because of the designs of these pokemon (which are original as far as pokemon are concerned), and if they just repeated the same species you would still complain. 22 Pokemon revealed, a few new bells and whistles and you are already set on not buying the games. Meh, your loss.

I second that, People were like this when 3rd and 4th gen were revealed. I keep hearing people saying the original 151, Makes me wonder if people even liked the 2nd gen designs at this rate lol. Shit ya'll try to come up with designs. These new ones are unique. You cant please everyone buy some of yall jeezus

Yeah and what if 1st generation pokemon and 3rd generation pokemon would be shifted?People would say "Really?A ball with smokes?Are they out of their minds?".Geez..When GF finally made unique pokemon you still complain.

Rockoto said:
Good point.
Maybe we can't make assumptions based on sprites. What if it doesn't have superlips, but instead just has an open mouth? It could be completely new. Or maybe, as previously stated, it is a Banette evo.

Plausible, some even say it might be a Mawile evo. As for all the hate, I think people should at least wait until we get the official artwork before people pass judgment. The sprites normally don't do the Pokemon justice.

ShayminSky said:
They look good, but Im wondering: Where's our CoroCoro or Pokemon Sunday Coverage?

CoroCoro comes out on the 15th of each month.
Pokemon Sunday showed the first half of that trailer at least. I'm sure we'll have a little more info this weekend.

Also something which just dawned on me. In the battle against the 3 unknown pokemon the Team the player is controlling are made up of (for reasonable guess) all Stage 1 pokemon. I don't think they would be showing us a battle between Stage 1 pokemon vs Stage 2 pokemon. A clear example of that is with the Mole pokemon - We see it's (more than likely) Stage 1 form in another shot.

What I'm getting at is - Either the 3 unknown pokemon are at Stage 1, or they have no further evolutions. Could they have a baby form? Yes, but I certainly hope not.

You can also take this logic to the double battle they show us - either those pokemon are evolved forms or they don't evolve at all.

I personally love the new pokemon. :)
My favorite is the sarcophagus im really hoping that its a ghost type.

Theres lots of things that i see need to be said. i'll start now.

1) if the rumors are true (which they so far have been), then chances are, NONE of these pokemon are evolutions of previous pokemon. The rumors stated that we will probably not be finding Many (if any at all) pokemon from past generations in the wild. why would they make so many pokemon unobtainable? Game freak corrected this mistake from Diamond and pearl when they created platinum.

2)Why are people complaining about the new generation? it takes awhile to grow on us, we've seen that in Generation 4. would you rather nintendo not make pokemon anymore? didn't think so. just be patient. the best is yet to come.

SmugLeaf25 said:
I personally love the new pokemon. :)
My favorite is the sarcophagus im really hoping that its a ghost type.

me too! it looks like rock/ghost, but i hope its steel ghost (for obvious reasons lol)

It's aroudn this time that every new Pokemon revealed, we assume is related to some previous Pokémon. Honestly though, Chromastone aside, they all realyl look to be brand new lines. Stackohats's head does superficially resemble Meditite's to a degree, but all the same, I'll be surprised if they are related.

wafiazizul said:
isshuu region looks like NY map~haha,and most of these new pokemon looks more to western style~the cowboyish shimama~mole family~the dark crocs~just my opinion~by the way,nice to meet u all~

Yes, since Zebra screams cowboy XD

Personally the only designs I'm struggling with are the green fetus in goop thing and the creepy slinky ghost girl that's in the same picture.

But the dude in between makes up for that, I wonder what typing he'll have? Rock + what? Please not another rock steel...

Oh and is it me or did anyone else think the female protagonist was talking to her Pokemon?

oha-suta-new-pokemon-3.jpg

I mean, I assume it's us sending them out to face her, but they're awfully close XD

Plus they don't have the typical battle shadows that we've seen from backsprites.

Redneck said:
Oh and is it me or did anyone else think the female protagonist was talking to her Pokemon?

I mean, I assume it's us sending them out to face her, but they're awfully close XD

Plus they don't have the typical battle shadows that we've seen from backsprites.
It does look like that, but if you watch the video you would see that your pokemon were sent out, appear in the air, and then land on the ground. This is why they look close/have no shadows.

DonVeCo said:
It's so sad its almost funny again, when people start complaining how weird new pokemon look, and how pokemon is dead just becaus the new pokemon are based of off thing, not animals. They seem to forget how in Gen I there where a magnet, a "pokeball", toxic waste, smoking,floating gas balls, rocks with faces, walking blue/green spaghetti and whatever porygon is. And don't even get me started on Gen II. I remember how ppl complained about Unown being latters. Most, so called fans, dind't like misdreavus either, back then. Pokemon would've died with the Johto generation, if all those drama queens would have had anything to say, back in the days.
But Gold and Silver turned out to be one of the best games ever.
So give this generation a chance, and don't go "ugh, i will definately not play these!," before you haven't at least seen the finished product.

I'm actually pretty psyched bout the new pokemon. Sure they look akward now, but so did every new pokemon from every generation. Can't wait to see official art work and more new pokes :)

There will always be those who complain, no matter what.
If new Pokemon are too different from past generations, people complain.
If new Pokemon are too similar to past generations, people complain.
If the number of new Pokemon is lower than past generations, people complain.
If the number of new Pokemon is higher than past generations, people complain.
If the number of new Pokemon is the same as any of the past generations, people complain.
etc.
etc.

I say just let them. While annoying, it will never affect my opinions of Pokemon.:)

wafiazizul said:
hye guys,im new here,,b4 this im just a reader here, but now i want to say something too~

at first gland, when i see the new pokemon, i also cant accept their appearance,te fakemon from the velvet at DA much better,but now, ive used to it and finally can accept it~maybe these new pokemon are little bit weird,,,

i don't know if you all have seen this or not~just posting it,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtNDibQZs8c&feature=related

isshuu region looks like NY map~haha,and most of these new pokemon looks more to western style~the cowboyish shimama~mole family~the dark crocs~just my opinion~by the way,nice to meet u all~

hey man you from gamefaqs? they talk about Hiun City being NYC a lot.

Hiun is more likely based off of Hong Kong than New York.

DonVeCo said:
It's so sad its almost funny again, when people start complaining how weird new pokemon look, and how pokemon is dead just becaus the new pokemon are based of off thing, not animals. They seem to forget how in Gen I there where a magnet, a "pokeball", toxic waste, smoking,floating gas balls, rocks with faces, walking blue/green spaghetti and whatever porygon is. And don't even get me started on Gen II. I remember how ppl complained about Unown being latters. Most, so called fans, dind't like misdreavus either, back then. Pokemon would've died with the Johto generation, if all those drama queens would have had anything to say, back in the days.
But Gold and Silver turned out to be one of the best games ever.
So give this generation a chance, and don't go "ugh, i will definately not play these!," before you haven't at least seen the finished product.

I'm actually pretty psyched bout the new pokemon. Sure they look akward now, but so did every new pokemon from every generation. Can't wait to see official art work and more new pokes :)

Yeah, but they weren't outlandish. We didn't have a ghost in a sarcophagus, we had objects, not Pokémon IN THE OBJECTS.

I think this deserves a repost. From Bulbaguarden:
Azure Dragon said:
The designs are a lot more complex than usual. Some of them aren't bad, but they don't mesh very well with a lot of the older ones. :/

Also, on the topic of how the monsters are made: So, there's a team of people that is in charge of monster design.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Staff_of_Pokémon_Red_and_Green

They're listed under "Pokemon Design." They come up with the ideas. They decide which ones are the best, and refine them. Then, Sugimori-san draws those designs. In the first gen, it was a group of four (Sugimori-san being one of them), and Tajiri-san's role in creating the monsters was basically to approve them, and suggest changes after the basic ideas were being designed. He's the only one under "Director" and "Game Design" which means that he was in charge of pulling everything together and the overall experience of playing the game.

Nowadays... well, the truth is that in R/S, Masuda-san took over. Ever since R/S/E, Tajiri-san has not been working on the games at all. He's listed as "Executive Director" in most games. What does this mean? "Ex. Director" is a fancy way of saying "this is the original creator, he approved this game but was not an active part of development." Occasionally he's listed as an "Ex. Producer" which, from what I can gather, means he funded it but was still not an active member in developing it. Finally, in Pokemon Rumble (surprisingly enough), only Sugimori-san and Masuda-san are listed in the credits as "advisors" for the spin-off game. Tajiri-san is not listed at all.

So, he's not really putting his mind into the monsters anymore. However, there is another part of why the monsters look different. The "Pokemon Design" of D/P/Pt was held by thirteen people. Ten of these people did not work on R/G's mons; Morimoto-san (he's the guy who put Mew into the game) also stopped doing monster design during D/P/Pt. What does this mean? The people coming up with the ideas are, mostly, different each Gen. R/S hired a ton of people, and that's why Gen III's style was so different. B/W has also hired more people (GF was recruiting graphic designers - remember? They're usually the ones in charge of monster design too) so the designs will be very different.

TLDR; version: The main reason why the B/W mons look weird is because the design team has some new people on it. Also, Tajiri-san hasn't worked on the games for a looooong time (G/S). Thus, the reason why Gen III and Gen IV looked so different from Gen I and Gen II. And now Gen V is going to be very different as well.

cocowoushi said:
I think this deserves a repost. From Bulbaguarden:
Azure Dragon said:
The designs are a lot more complex than usual. Some of them aren't bad, but they don't mesh very well with a lot of the older ones. :/

Also, on the topic of how the monsters are made: So, there's a team of people that is in charge of monster design.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/S..._and_Green

They're listed under "Pokemon Design." They come up with the ideas. They decide which ones are the best, and refine them. Then, Sugimori-san draws those designs. In the first gen, it was a group of four (Sugimori-san being one of them), and Tajiri-san's role in creating the monsters was basically to approve them, and suggest changes after the basic ideas were being designed. He's the only one under "Director" and "Game Design" which means that he was in charge of pulling everything together and the overall experience of playing the game.

Nowadays... well, the truth is that in R/S, Masuda-san took over. Ever since R/S/E, Tajiri-san has not been working on the games at all. He's listed as "Executive Director" in most games. What does this mean? "Ex. Director" is a fancy way of saying "this is the original creator, he approved this game but was not an active part of development." Occasionally he's listed as an "Ex. Producer" which, from what I can gather, means he funded it but was still not an active member in developing it. Finally, in Pokemon Rumble (surprisingly enough), only Sugimori-san and Masuda-san are listed in the credits as "advisors" for the spin-off game. Tajiri-san is not listed at all.

So, he's not really putting his mind into the monsters anymore. However, there is another part of why the monsters look different. The "Pokemon Design" of D/P/Pt was held by thirteen people. Ten of these people did not work on R/G's mons; Morimoto-san (he's the guy who put Mew into the game) also stopped doing monster design during D/P/Pt. What does this mean? The people coming up with the ideas are, mostly, different each Gen. R/S hired a ton of people, and that's why Gen III's style was so different. B/W has also hired more people (GF was recruiting graphic designers - remember? They're usually the ones in charge of monster design too) so the designs will be very different.

TLDR; version: The main reason why the B/W mons look weird is because the design team has some new people on it. Also, Tajiri-san hasn't worked on the games for a looooong time (G/S). Thus, the reason why Gen III and Gen IV looked so different from Gen I and Gen II. And now Gen V is going to be very different as well.

Thanks! :)

Hmmm.. these are all pretty interesting speculations, the green plasma pokemon has grown on me.
Here is what I think of them:
Ononokusu (オノノクス) looks like he is one of the minor dragon types of this generation to me, I predict a rock/dragon and if not, rock/dark.

Doryuuzu (ドリュウズ) will probably be ground/dark, to me, it resembles zangoose with its bloody patterns, but it will not be related to zangoose since it has a pre-evolution, Moguryuu (モグリュー), I do predict it will have a sort of counterpart like zangoose does.

Desukaan (デスカーン) looks very interesting to me, I would really like to see the other side of him though. I predict it will be a steel/ghost because that coffin looks very shiny and bright to me, and with those eerie arms, it is obviously a ghost type.

Denchura (デンチュラ) will be electric/bug, there is no doubt in my mind, since its naming reveals its typing, I don't think it is related to ariados/spinarak/dunsparce in any way though, I think it will have one pre-evolution similar to spinarak.

The green creature, I predict will be ghost/grass or ghost/water, its a little hard to judge this one, but it reminds me of an amoeba, I think it will have the ability levitate since it is clearly floating in the screenshot

The red and blue rock creature looks like a branch-evolution for nosepass, however, I predict it will be unrelated to these pokemon and will have one pre-evolution, it might be the beldum/metagross of this generation.

The lolita doll pokemon looks like a ghost type, I think its design is not very impressive though, I predict it will not be related to any of the old pokemon and will be the shuppet of this generation, I also predict one pre-evolution for this one.

one last thing.. I think the idea of triple battles will be total chaos and are, overall, a bad idea other than to the younger generation which mostly doesn't think strategically

I found something really important!!!!!!!!Maybe Pokemon Black and White could be for 3DS.Look at this picture of the new battle interface.Above `Fight` and `Weather` you will see that is written `IR` `Wi-Fi` `Wireless`.If i remember well the `IR`option was only for 3DS.
battle-screen.png

Back