(1) New Pokemon Revealed on 'Oha Suta' [6/28]

Fire_Master said:
@Majora_787: With this sudden reveal on a variety show, I have a good feeling that either

1. These new pokemon, the shooter and the triple battle feature will be elaborated upon on the main site *before* this PS

2. PS will elaborate a little more on it, with the main site going into more detail *after* PS airs

It's really just down to those 2 options, since the mere thought of it being next month's corocoro makes me laugh.

Lots and lots of talking

Fair enough. It's already Wednesday anyway, I had no idea. xD Ah, the wonders of not knowing what day it is for weeks.

But yeah, I see a very good point in the present thing. I hadn't noticed that in the video, I'll have to watch it again. But maybe it's true, we do have a starter mailed to us or something as a present for some reason.

That'd be cool. =P And different.

Character: "Sweet, new pokemon! I think I'll go with ______!"

Mom: "But what about the other pokemon?"

Character: "Weelll, I think I know what we should do with the flaming bacon. >:)"

:O

Xous said:
Well, I caved and sketched three of the Pokémon. xD Of course, I won't be starting full body art for them until the Sugimori art is revealed.

Generation_5_Pokemon_Sketches_by_Xous54.png

Oh, Xous, you never tend to disappoint. xD I'm just astounded you managed to do that without Sugimori art! Fantastic job as always!

And something else about IR.Here is another pic of C-Gear featuring `Wireless` `Wi-Fi` and `IR`.Maybe it will be the returning of pokewalker or something else.
CPWlM9o4RvT6xKYW8yBqkbVquhnYudI7.jpg

I want that electric tarantula. I wanted before I even saw it. Just being a tarantula means I love it, and I'm getting one as soon as they appear in the wild and keeping it in my party even if it's weak.

As for the other Pokémon, I'm also interested in the moles and the yellow dragon-like one some are referring to as a mantis. I have no opinion of the coffin one yet. The back sprite isn't enough to go on. I have mixed feelings about the three unnamed Pokémon. I don't really like them, but that's mainly because I can't figure out what they are. I have a feeling that thing on the left may evolve into something cool, though. It reminds me of Mijumaru with its simple yet strange design.

lotusoftheleaf said:
I want that electric tarantula. I wanted before I even saw it. Just being a tarantula means I love it, and I'm getting one as soon as they appear in the wild and keeping it in my party even if it's weak.

As for the other Pokémon, I'm also interested in the moles and the yellow dragon-like one some are referring to as a mantis. I have no opinion of the coffin one yet. The back sprite isn't enough to go on. I have mixed feelings about the three unnamed Pokémon. I don't really like them, but that's mainly because I can't figure out what they are. I have a feeling that thing on the left may evolve into something cool, though. It reminds me of Mijumaru with its simple yet strange design.

Yes, electric Tarantula is awesome. I can tell they're giving the elctric type some new interesting things. And yeah, the unnamed things are weird. None of them are...easy to identify. And yeah, the difference though is one of them is a good design; the other is Mijumaru. :D

Majora_787 said:
Yes, electric Tarantula is awesome. I can tell they're giving the elctric type some new interesting things. And yeah, the unnamed things are weird. None of them are...easy to identify. And yeah, the difference though is one of them is a good design; the other is Mijumaru. :D
Hey, I like Mijumaru. :/
In my opinion it's the best starter.

howelllawson said:

Yeah, but we know literally nothing about the starters so If you don't mind me asking, why do you think it's the best starter?

howelllawson said:

For some reason I am slowly falling in love with Mijumaru. I couldnt even look at the starters when I first saw them and now I can't stop! xD It's perfectly understandable; I think they're growing on a lot of people.

Majora_787 said:

Completely agreed. The four pokemon shown in battle imo are amazing, while the unnamed ones are...interesting. The only one out of that group that I like is the middle one. The other two join Munna and Chiramii in the group of 5th Gen Pokemon I cannot stand xD.

I just hope you can import Pokémon in a way faster than Pal Park. Other than that these games so far are looking great, and I can't ask for more. The new monsters are cool and they are doing some great things graphically and gameplay wise. Now if they just throw in some sort of character customization....LOL

Spherical Aura said:
I just hope you can import Pokémon in a way faster than Pal Park. Other than that these games so far are looking great, and I can't ask for more. The new monsters are cool and they are doing some great things graphically and gameplay wise. Now if they just throw in some sort of character customization...LOL

Character customization actually isn't a bad idea especially since we can't really customize anything outside of name and gender xD and yes, the games are looking amazing and I'm so excited for them!

maybe the last one without a name (the one that looks like a princess) is an evolution of jynx... I don't know why, but it just seems like it is.

The new pokemon look good! Did anyone else notice that the new mantis's face looks a lot like Scyther's? I'm hoping that it's a new Bug/Dragon Evo of Scyther! :D

Spherical Aura said:
The new monsters are cool and they are doing some great things graphically and gameplay wise. Now if they just throw in some sort of character customization...LOL

I agree totally. I mean it wouldn't be hard to change a face, set of clothes and some colours. This is probably the one thing the games desperately need for some individuality amongst players! Guess we'll just have to wait for generation 10...

Also has anyone any idea why the poke company won't take suggestions from players/fans? I mean if they are looking to create the best game suitable for all players then who better to ask what features the games should have. I know about infringement laws etc but I'm sure players would be happy to give their consent..

RE: (1) New Pokemon Revealed on 'Oha Suta' [6/28]]

ManhattanTheStarr said:
Goodness, these new Pokemon look horrible.
Ken is really winging it now, I mean just look at them! Not to sound rude, but even I could've done at least a bit better. And why triple battles? D:

Pokémon, as we know it, is pretty much gone.

Arceus2010 said:

We know literally nothing about Black and White and you're basing your entire opinion on pokemon- off of 22 pokemon you've see. So the fact that your actully overreacting that much is pretty rediculous, it's not gone at all, it's honestly just beginning so before you go about complaining and saying that pokemon is gone... it isn't. Not even close, and next time base your facts/opinion on something worth it.. not 22 pokemon that you don't like the design for.

Arceus2010 said:

Glad you joined the forums to tell us that. What would we've done without you?

/{R}sarcasm

Anywho, Now with *this* happening, the main site better update soon, or even Arceus is going to lose faith. >:O

I think the new generation is gonna rock.!!!
If urr a true pokemon fan you wouldnt be bashing all the new pokemon.

Ugh.

I've been avoiding this thread for as long as I could, and I still haven't read more than 10 posts of it, simply because I would not survive someone saying they actually like the sarcophagus-thing.

But seriously, anyone saying the complainers are being pessimistic or basically unconditionally hate these just because they're new. Do you actually think we wouldn't say we like a new Pokémon if, oh I don't know, we actually liked it? Do you really think we want to hate the new Pokémon? Do you really think we just hate because we want to? I mean, seriously, most of us are long-time Pokémon fans, are very active members on a Pokémon forum and have been liking Pokémon for so many years, do you really think we wouldn't love to see new, actually decent-looking Pokémon? Do you really think hating these new Pokémon makes us happy? Do you really think that when we say these don't feel like Pokémon we say that just to provoke and not because we actually mean it, being the experts on Pokémon we tend to be?

I for one would love to see an actually decent-looking new Pokémon, and I'm still hoping, but so far this generation has not yet delivered, like, at all.

Back