(1) New Landorus and Plasma Badge Promos for Japan's Battle Carnivals [10/4]

Are there any Pokemon besides the Snorlax that have stronger effects based on the # of Plasma Pokemon in play? I'm trying to think of uses for that Plasma Badge.
Also...I'm pretty sure the first attack on Landorus is not Earth Power.

DNA said:
Are there any Pokemon besides the Snorlax that have stronger effects based on the # of Plasma Pokemon in play? I'm trying to think of uses for that Plasma Badge.
Also...I'm pretty sure the first attack on Landorus is not Earth Power.

...you're right

you know what, the effect text was so blurry, i was occupied with getting that deciphered (and heck, it still may be wrong), i only skimmed the attack name

should be Extrasensory

freaking じめん and じん

...Earth Power is Daichi no Chikara.
The attack name looks nothing like that.

...yep, the attack name is def. Extrasensory. The attack effect (match hand size) is also consistent, since past cards with Extrasensory also have that effect.

Water Pokémon Master said:
No need to be an ass.
...but it's fun! (on occasion)
although that was not currently my intent.

DNA said:
...Earth Power is Daichi no Chikara.
The attack name looks nothing like that.

if you skim じん as 地面, then you get 地面通力, lit. mysterious earth power.

besides, the reading of 神 at the front of terms is generally かみ or しん, not じん

plus, 神通力 means "supernatural power, divine power", which is nothing near what "extrasensory" means.

but yes, it was a mistake on my part.

DNA said:
I'm trying to think of uses for that Plasma Badge.

Colress Machine to anything. Colress Machine just became so much more broken, I didn't think that was even possible. Turn 1 X Ball for 120 o_O.

Landorus is pretty lame.

puddizzle said:
if you skim じん as 地面, then you get 地面通力, lit. mysterious earth power.

besides, the reading of 神 at the front of terms is generally かみ or しん, not じん

plus, 神通力 means "supernatural power, divine power", which is nothing near what "extrasensory" means.

but yes, it was a mistake on my part.
oic; thanks for clarifying.

Machamp the Champion said:
Colress Machine to anything. That card just became so broken. Turn 1 X Ball for 120 o_O.

Landorus is pretty lame.
...I...
...I can't disagree with that.

Well Plasma Badge is certainly fantastic, like most people have been thinking about it!

And as for Landorus [Plasma], I think its alright as well! Granted it does 50 damage for 2 Energy just like Terrakion EX, which is already T1 thanks to its Plasma traits! And 90 damage is, as usual
, the par to 2-Hit KO an EX, 1-Hit if you strike the Weakness! Landorus usually will, too, with Darkrai bathing in popularity!

Geez Louise, this is not good. Just make Plasma the new SP.
New deck structure:
4 Plasma Badge
4 Corless Machine
4 Pokemon Catcher

4 Plasma Energy

with what and any Pokemon card you choose. >_>

Liking the Plasma Badge and its combination with other cards. Perhaps Snorlax could now become more viable because it now has more attachment acceleration available too it [outside of Plasma Energies and Double Energies] as acceleration such as -Blastoise-Emboar-Eelektrik can have the badge attached to them making Snorlax less of a problem setting up. Also liking the Plasma Badge's combination with Colress Machine making donk decks even more viable with Fast Ticket too and with attackers such as Lugia EX, Mewtwo EX, Tornadus EX and more. Also thinking that Enhanced Hammers are about to become more and more viable. Landorus is not bad but not decent either. I don't think it will be used in competitive decks at the moment.

I will laugh so hard if they troll us and make a card saying: 'Prevent all effects of an attack, including damage, done to this Pokémon by your opponent's Team Plasma Pokémon."

Plasma Badge is interesting. And will be better when they release more cards that work specifically for Team Plasma Pokémon.

As for Landorus, meh, but it's curious to see it as a Plasma Pokémon.

I honestly think I might be in favor of Plasma Badge. Sure, in combination with Colress Machine you could consider it pretty broken. But think about it, the only good energy accel we have right now is Eelektrik and Dark Patch. Although this new form of acceleration requires a combo, it gives all decks the option to take advantage of it now. This isn't necessarily something I'm a fan of, but I'd rather all decks have the option of energy accel rather than 1 or 2 decks that not only already have it, but dominate majority of the format.

Oh and Landorus doesn't look too good so I don't expect to see any use out of it

Plasma Badge is a pretty amazing card. If more Plasma Support comes out, it'll be crazy. As of right now, I'm not sure if it will be worth the deck space in a lot of things. Tornadus EX really benefits from Plasma Badge though, I'll tell you that right now. Tornadus, Mewtwo, Lugia will be a great deck, especially with Plasma Frigate.

^ oh yes

up to now I was going to run mono Lugia with maybe sableye and darkrai when the set was released, but now I can get rid of mewtwo's pesky weakness while accelerating energy at the same time >:]

Will Plasma Badge work with Colress Machine? Colress Machine says that it attaches energy to a Pokemon with "Team Plasma" on the card. So for that Mewtwo reference, Even though Mewtwo will be a Team Plasma card with the badge, it still doesn't have "Team Plasma" on the card.

Plasma Badge will definitely add an interesting aspect to the game. Not sure on how much play it will receive (especially when your deck is predominantly Plasma in the first place), but it might be an interesting tech if you have a couple of non-Plasma cards in your deck...or if your deck isn't Plasma haha.

VY is right. I can see this deck just being a powerhouse.

Back