(1) New Formes for Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus [5/11]

rocky505 said:
No because it's not in DPPT's coding. The only reason Giartina and Rotom did is because they had place holders.

So there's my point. When battling against BW, how will these formes show up if they don't have placeholder data in BW?

Teal said:
GameFreak...Trolling. GameTroll. Totally GameTroll since the revelation of B2W2.

And all was clear...

@WPM, probably the forms have the same stats, or it's the Pichu situation again.

Wow. Just wow. I thought they were done with forme changing, but just.... wow. Overall though, these look really cool, though you could say that that's because I grew up with Gen III and didn't really experience the originals.

Ummm! You can't use like Giratina Origin Form in gen 4 Wi-Fi either. Or SE Pichu. They can add as many formes as they like as long as they prevent trading them to BW and battling with them.
The placeholders mean nothing for the older games themself, as they never use that data anyway. Dunno why they put those in the frist place.

Really? Origin Form can't be used on 4th Gen Wi-Fi? Mind blown.
The wings on Tornadus. Ha!

Wow, just wow. I did not see them getting new forms AT ALL. Rather than just throwing them in the AR Searcher, there's probably going to be a story for them somewhere. Maybe they're like Giratina, and that's their true form?

The thing where you can battle ALL the former Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and Champions seems really cool. BW2 is going to be great.

Doesn't fit with Landorus, it's probably something we can't think of or, it's to do with the fact that they are genies.

For the bird/djinn issue, my immediate reaction was "what the actual frak." But for getting Bianca, Lt.Surge and Cynthia (amongst others) back for the party sounds pretty freaking awesome to me.

Wow, normally I never feel disappointed with news from a main series game but, this is disappointing.
I was really hoping for some new Pokemon or extended evolution lines. As nifty as this is, it's kind of an odd move.

Also when I was searching this issue, I kept getting a different cover, I'm not too sure this is even legit.

Yes! More bird(s)! or just 1?

Okay, let me clear my mind. Tornadus is the only pure Flying type in the kami trio right? And it is the only 1 of the kami trio showed with wings. I think Tornadus is the only one who is given a bird form.

For Thundurus and Landorus they don't have wings (not showed yet or something) but my point is, I see a claw on Thundurus hand... That makes me think of Thundurus maybe is a Electric cat or something and Landorus have something look like tentacles on the ring around hes shoulder -> Maybe a Ground octopus...

Just wild guess at first look....

Saw the updated info, I'll believe it when I see it.

As the saying goes "Pics or it didn't happen" I just don't find a lot of that info believable, especialy from GameFreak's part.

Oh by the way: http://www.jbook.co.jp/p/p.aspx/4358902/s/

> Kami trio revealed
> "DIS IS STIPID THEY AL LOOK TE H SAME"
> Kami trio gets formes that differ from each other
> "DIS IS STIPID Y U GIVE NEW FORMES"

Also, don't judge based on crappy quality pics where you can not even see half of the Pokémon.

Teal said:
> Kami trio revealed
> "DIS IS STIPID THEY AL LOOK TE H SAME"
> Kami trio gets formes that differ from each other
> "DIS IS STIPID Y U GIVE NEW FORMES"

Also, don't judge based on crappy quality pics where you can not even see half of the Pokémon.

What I'm wondering is what's with Landorus' head XD
What kinda bird is it supposed to be...

Edit: Still not too sure if these scans are legit, since it's UNCONFIRMED but...

Tornadus - A bird
Landorus - A mole (A-La Diglett)
Thundurus - Weasel

Dragon Master Ryuuji said:
Saw the updated info, I'll believe it when I see it.

As the saying goes "Pics or it didn't happen" I just don't find a lot of that info believable, especialy from GameFreak's part.

Oh by the way: http://www.jbook.co.jp/p/p.aspx/4358902/s/

That's last month's issue.

about the bra thing:
The old designs have these already, you know?
That's one rushed guess there..

why do you all assume the bird silhouette mystery is solved now???
Its wings don't match any more than the previous suspects, actually they have a claw instead of the round shapes. Neither is the head blob making any sense.. and since from what we see, at least the chest is still perfectly humanoid, so its kinda silly to assume its lower body will be bird-like...
If that is Tornadus, it could only be if the silhouette was some crappy old beta art!

anyways. The missing data to indicate formes might be because these wont have new unique stats or anything, but just get new sprites with noteworthy differences.

DeepSleepDarkrai said:
It says 発売日:2012年04月21日 Apr 21, 2012 Release Date:

Oh, that slipped my sight there,thanks for confirmin~

Though I still would hope more scans pop up soon, I really think this is all just BS'd from the twitter WPM got it from.

Wow, I did not see this coming. The Kami trio always felt "complete" as Pokémon to me, so to see they're getting new formes... At the very least, I guess it means I've got three more new Unova Pokémon to draw. If we get the Sugimori art of these three formes before we get his art for Meloetta's formes, that'll be strange indeed. It's almost as if they just forgot to release Meloetta's art to the public. :/

Back