(1) New Formes for Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus [5/11]

InuMimi said:
Sooo, it looks like Landerus is the tiger? Odd. They retain their same typing, too. And it looks like we have the bird/phoenix, the dragon, and the tiger. I wonder if we will have a turtle to tag along.

They're based on Aztec gods.
Locormus of Serebiiforums said:
...The Aztecian god Huitzilopochtli perhaps? It is believed to have led the Aztecs to a new homeland and defended the territory. When he died, he then turned into a green-backed hummingbird. Looks close enough to Tornadus, surely. At least with the green and purple coloring, it being a god, a bird, etc... Ow, and there's also a aztecian god that turned into a panther that was the god of the earth, and there's quetzalcoatl, who became a blue serpent when it died.. Jee.. Hmm..

From Kami, to Aztec gods, who would've seen this coming? :p

Blui129 said:
@ InuMimi, there is a pokemon called Torkoal...:p, nex generation maybe?

Torkoal has nothing to do with this. I was referring to my theory of the Asian legendary creatures: the phoenix, the tiger, the turtle, and the dragon. I am not saying there is going to be a turtle legendary to tag along. I just think that it would be neat, and it would bring the grand total to a nice even 650.

howelllawson said:
They're based on Aztec gods.

It's possible and it would be interesting if they were modeled after Aztec gods. But these are all theories.

Red Striker said:
Hey wait a sec. If Green is here, then is this, perhaps, where the Kanto champ BW remix is used?

I'm doubtful. If kept, it would probably keep it's current use; music for the World Championship finals and Rank 5 boss on the Wi-Fi Train of the Battle Subway.

"Thundurus' focuses on Special Attack, and Landorus' focuses on Attack."

Given that their offensive base stats are already 125 (respectively), it's going to be interesting seeing how far Gamefreak might crank these up given that 5th gen has broken a lot of BST boundaries already (notably 140 Satk/atk for many BW Pokemon).

Cool forms, the designs are a little odd but it's not as if that hasn't happened before (Rotom, Shaymin).

look at this picture for the new forms:
corocoro5125.jpg

look what is at the left hand side about the middle. is that a new pokemon?

Landorus looks even more ridiculous now. Tornadus is just stupid. Thundurus is somewhat bearable.

I Like thundurus except for its legs... Landorus is pretty awesome. Tornadus is..... weird.

Wait, so that silhouette that everyone thought was Articuno was actually TORNADUS?
DT- "What an interesting plot twist!"

These sound real cool! Tornadus looks.... Obscure. The other two look awesome IMO.
@kirdneh- That is a Ralts, dude.

kirdneh said:
look at this picture for the new forms:
*insert massive image here*
look what is at the left hand side about the middle. is that a new pokemon?

I think you might be thinking of the professor...hehehe

there will probably be a little in game event when you bring the new form to a certain person in B2W2. And since this game takes place 3 years after BW, there will probably be something like in GSC with the time machine, where you can't bring the new genie forms, or the new Kyurem forms in. That would make the most sense.

you know i understand kuyrem getting new forms, but when the kamis get them then you've gone too far, watch next pikachu will get a new form and he'll be a flying,ground,water,lighting,psychic,fighting,dark,ice,fire type. but then again we have to realize it's japan, not trying to sound mean or anything.

But it's not like they randomly decided after releasing gen V, to give some of them formes in the sequels. They planned to do these through BW production.

Like lots of other things, theyve set the stage for improvements planned ahead for the sequels.
Which does sound like, stretching it out into 2 games, instead of just releasing the complete package right away, just to fill the time until the next generation, but since they would have given us a plain third version otherwise anyway, it's actually awesome!

They're not randomly giving out formes for the sake of it like you make it seem (and I have no clue what the types are referring to, since they haven't changed or anything).
I mean, the genies did feel like they weren't fully employed in the game, and for example Landorus was not even obtainable through the "plot", so already there you could safely assume their story will be told properly in these sequels. (Why would it be part of the Unova dex if you don't even see it before the credits roll? same for Kyurem..)

A counterargument would be Heatran though...but that was part of a different generational approach (one of rounding off the past 3 generations with a blast of extremes, not a nice fresh start). I still wonder whether they had plans for it for Platinum, but scrapped them or something .-. Its such an odd case all around.

^I don't know... it's like WPM said, if they were already planned in advance, then why there's no placeholder data for them in BW?

Good point! (Because Ive been using it as proof for no more formes myself .___.)

Since they don't allow you to trade/battle using new formes with previous games anyway. So it could be that they were not there for connectivity purposes, since they intentionally prevented it from even happening.
Then, the only cause for these "placeholders" being in the games is because they were messing with the data, probably putting formes in, testing them, and taking them out, but leaving a 1 behind (as the number of formes is lowered), instead of 0 (which are exactly the same thing to the game).
Maybe they were tidier with the genies, but not with Kyurem?

Or if you're up for some conspiracy,
maybe they knew we'd notice and intentionally put a 1 for Kyurem but not for the genies, to surprise even the hackers among the fans. Since Kyurem was 100% obvious anyway.

But who knows what the real cause for those "1"s is in the data, whether they were intentional or accidental.

We now know that those placeholders don't prove anything.
So...
who thinks Keldeo is getting a new forme?
(wow. I actually have never contemplated this idea until now because of the data)
Its a small suspicious pony with hidden potential, its an event, it has a movie AND:
there is supposed to be something interesting to happen if you take Keldeo along your adventure in BW2.
This is like, a pretty realistic possibility, is it not? O:!
Feels like Giratina and Skymin in movie+Platinum all again...

Back