(1) New 'Black & White' Cards Revealed - Zoroark, Reshiram, Zekrom [3/25]

I was actually just thinking to myself when new card images would come out, and I gotta say -- I'm pretty pleased. Interesting that the super rares are just regular parts of the English set release; I was expecting them to be 115/114 and 116/114. Then again, it's been a while since I collected the cards, so I could've been completely off base.

Hopefully they'll retain the awesome texture of their Japanese counterparts.

sar said:
Reshiram is not weak to water or ice.... good job card makers....

The card is fire type, so yes it would be weak to water. The TCG doesn't have all the other types like in the games, so it makes sense here.

The new cards look great, I will probably start playing again for B&W. :)

Loved the new cards. I agree that Zoroark's foul play is broken imo.

Zekrom and Reshiram looks cool. Zekrom looks hi-tech in that card.

I'm not sure what I feel about the new Zoroark in this set, it's Nasty Plot attack will just leave it wide open for a Pokemon to KO it on their next turn especially with Donphan Prime or Machamp unless you get rid of it's horrible {F} Weakness. Foul Play is an amazing attack and I think it's the better attack to go with usually over Nasty Plot unless you Pokemon Catcher a benched Pokemon with a high retreat cost with mediocre attacks to where you can make full use of Nasty Plot.

I still think Exploud SV and/or Azelf Lv. X will help make Zoroark more playable. At the same time I feel that Umbreon UD is the better Stage 1 {D} Pokemon to run especially when you consider how strong Moonlight Fang is but considering If Moonlight Fang doesn't work on the new Black/White Ability mechanic unless they errata Poke-Powers and Bodies into Abilities to make up for it Zoroark might see more play over Umbreon UD especially with Tyranitar Prime.

As for Reshiram I see it as an amazing replacement for Charizard decks in the future once Zard rotates out, Zekrom on the other hand has potential with Raichu Prime and other Electric decks in the future especially with Magnezone Prime as a draw engine possibly but as long as Machamp SF is in the format I don't think they'll see as much play.

All three of these look usable. All I can say about Zoroark is that I hope I get one, and the legendaries look decent. I like the artwork on them, but Zekrom's a clear winner for me.

Extreme Pokemon Fan said:
@Juliacoolo
No, I mean what specific packs. For example the Reshiram/Zekrom Tins, Green Tornado, Blue Assult, etc! Thanks. :)

You can only find them in these (The pictures at the bottom). However, these contain the same card, but it has different artwork.

@Juliacollo
So, these somewhat jumbo cards can be found in the single packs, and the regular reshiram card comes with the tin?

Notice how on Reshiram and Zekrom, the attack text says "this Pokemon" instead of their own name, exactly the way the Japanese text words the attack.

I think the matter about self-referencing attacks just got a whole lot easier to understand.

Of course, Zoroark's Foul Play raises so many questions it's not even funny. I'm guessing it's a shorter way to word Metronome, but jeez...

Foul Play is as broken in the TCG as it is in the actual games. Awesomely fun. I really think they need to bump up the amount of energy cost for Foul Play so its at least harder to use. Either that or have some sort of secondary effect otherwise Zoroark would be a staple.

@Juliacollo
So, these somewhat jumbo cards can be found in the single packs, and the regular reshiram card comes with the tin?

Hm, you don't seem to be getting it.

There are three Reshiram and three Zekrom. One Reshiram/Zekrom are the two cards listed in the front page (which aren't jumbo, BTW), one Reshiram/Zekrom can be found as the card in the tin, and the third Reshiram/Zekrom (which is the exact same thing as the other two) can also be found in the packs, except are less rare.

Zoroark is really only broken this format. once BTS goes away, it'll be harder to get out and use since it'll be sniped like crazy or getting stuck with only crummy attacks to copy. it'll mostly just be a revenge KO pokemon against a skilled player. or maybe it'll get stuck against a pokemon that requires certain type energy discards.

I love the Zekrom card. just defender it up and go nuts. =)

Gliscor said:
@Juliacollo

Hm, you don't seem to be getting it.

There are three Reshiram and three Zekrom. One Reshiram/Zekrom are the two cards listed in the front page (which aren't jumbo, BTW), one Reshiram/Zekrom can be found as the card in the tin, and the third Reshiram/Zekrom (which is the exact same thing as the other two) can also be found in the packs, except are less rare.

there are two versions of the legendaries as far as i know

the tin features the same reshiram and zekrom as the packs, just an easier way to get them.

the jumbo sized pictured ones of reshiram and zekrom are normal sized cards. they are the new "legends" ultra rare cards

The cards look pretty cool and I like how they made the full Pokemon visible on the whole cards of the 2 legends. I hope they do this in the future because it looks better this way XD.:)

That Reshiram is beast! Imagine that with Emboar; it can OHKO almost anything! It also has a very uncommon weakness. It will be even better next format, which I predict to be HS-On. I cannot wait to get a playset of these babies. Hopefully I pull a bunch of these tier 1 monsters in my two boxes, the prerelease, prize packs, and from n00b's binders at league.

Also, a cool thing to point out is that the secret rares have cool silver borders.

the art work on these 3 are alot better than id thought they'd be :D

Well time to see how much all the new Black&White stuff is going to cost all together... ^__^

sar said:
Reshiram is not weak to water or ice.... good job card makers....

If I made the card, I would have made it weak to fighting. Ground and rock cards are normally represented by fighting type in the TCG so I feel that would make more sense.

Back